Sequel: Thou Shall Not Die
Status: Complete

Cry Little Sister

Chapter 31

Abby stared in disbelief at her mother standing in front of her.

"Mom are you really here?" She asked as tears came to her eyes.

"Yes I am Abby." She said with a smile.

"Mom!" Abby yelled embracing her as the tears fell.

"It's okay Abby." Her mom said soothingly rubbing her back and stroking her hair.

"I just can't believe you're here." Abby said then she stopped pulling away. "Mom how am I seeing you?"

"It's cause you died Abby." Her mom said.

"I..I died?" She stammered out.

Her mother nodded. "The currents were too strong and you didn't know how to swim."

Abby started crying for a new reason. "I can't believe I'm dead for real now."

"Abby." Her mom said taking her hands. "You must calm down first."

Abby took deep breaths and managed to control herself.

"You're dead for now." Her mom said leading her away from where they were.

"What do you mean for now?" Abby asked confused.

"It means you're currently dead but you're gonna come back to life." Her mom said.

"How?" Abby asked.

"Don't worry about that now." Her mom said. "Right now you have much to learn about yourself and your heritage."

Abby let herself be lead on until they got to a big door that seemed to appear out of nowhere. Her mother placed her hand on it murmuring a spell.

It opened and Abby was lead into what looked like a big library. There were people there dressed like her mom in a white flowing gown of robe.

"Mom are they the deceased too?" She asked.

"All the deceased witches and wizards." Her mom said. "This is our turf in heaven."

"God lets you practice magic in heaven?" She asked. "I thought he was against witchcraft."

"Only bad." Her mom said. "Good he lets us continue to practice to power is up for the big war against the devil and his followers."

Abbys eyes widen. "Mom aren't you scared?"

Her mom laughed. "Abby I'm dead now and I've lived a life on Earth there's really nothing that scares me now."

Abby nodded as her mom lead her to a room that looked like an office. Abby sat in the big chair while her mom murmured some spells for some books to come down. Her mom sat in the chair opposite to her.

"Mom what are you looking for?" Abby asked.

"Something to help you against those bastard and get through to Karen." She said.

"I don't think there's anything that can be done mom." Abby said sadly. "Karen likes the life and she didn't believe me about our heritage."

Her mom looked up. "Don't blame yourself dear." "It's partially my fault of I had told y'all what y'all were either none of these would've happened or y'all would've be prepared for this."

"As for Karen you know she grew up with low confidence and self esteem." Her mom said. "Now she's finally found someone who likes her and she's blinded by it." "She doesn't want to believe any negative thing about him."

"She's like their little puppet." Abby said. "She believes everything they say and goes along with it."

"Hopefully we'll find something that can get her out of it." Her mom said turning the pages.

Abby watched as her mom passed all kinds of spells before stopping at one. She turned the book around so Abby could have a better look.

The Spell of Truth.

"How do I perform it?" Abby asked reading about it.

"It's fairly simple." She said. "All it require is a lot of concentration on the person you're performing it on then you say this words."

"I call upon the power for the truth to be told."
"Let them open their minds to the truth and reveal what it really is."

"That's all I have to say?" Abby asked.

Her mom nodded. "That's it." "Now onto something else." "This spell."

Abby looked it was a spell entirely in ancient Latin.

"Mom I can't speak Latin." She said.

"It doesn't matter." Her mom said. "If you want believe I'm it enough the spell will come naturally regardless if you speak the language or not. "You have to want to do it enough."

"What if I can't though?" Abby asked doubtfully.

Her mom took her hands. "Abby you will be able to do this I believe in you and you have to believe in you."

She nodded. "What does it do?"

"It makes any supernatural creature within a five mile radius human." She said.

"Including me and Karen?" She asked.

"Yes including you two." She said. "But still you have to kill the ones who did this too you cause they're relentless and won't stop trying to achieve what they have planned."

"I know mom." Abby said. "That's why I have to help Karen and fast."

At that moment Abbys mom became faint.

"Mom what's happening?" She asked.

"You're waking up Abby." Her mom said.

"Mom I don't want to leave yet." Abby said. "There's so much more I need to learn."

"You have enough for now." Her mom said managing to hug her. "Know that I love you and you can do this."

"I love you too mom." She said her eyes filling with tears as her mom disappeared from view.

Abby coughed and sat up looking around. She was on a bank near the river.

She looked down feeling something in her hand. Opening it she found a star composed of onyx and amethyst. There was a slip of paper around it.

"Give this to Charlie."

Abby smiled remembering seeing her mom and what she learned.

"I can do this." She said getting up and ran to Charlies house.

"Abby why are you wet?" Ashton said as she walked through the door.

"I'll tell you later." She said. "Where's Charlie?"

"Outside practicing." He said following her as she made her way outside.

Charlie looked up as they appeared. "Abby what happened to you?"

"I died." She said.

Both their eyes widen. "You died?" Ashton asked.

She nodded. "I was dead and I saw my mother."

"Your mother?" Charlie asked.

"Yes and she taught me some new spells that are going to help us." Abby said. "And when I came back this was in my hand." She said handing the necklace to Charlie.

Charlie gasped softly. "This was my mothers."

"I guess she wanted you to have it." Abby said.

Charlie ran her finger over it before putting it on. It glowed softly.

"What else happened?" Ashton asked.

"Karen still doesn't believe me but that's okay cause I have a spell that'll help." Abby said. "It'll make her see them for you they really are."

"It's The Spell of Truth isn't it?" Charlie asked.

"How did you know?" Any asked.

"My grandmother performed it on my once to show that my boyfriend was cheating on me." She said.

They all laughed at this.

"So now what do we do?" Ashton asked.

"We prepare to fight back and save humanity from devastation and my sister from death." Abby said.