Sequel: Thou Shall Not Die
Status: Complete

Cry Little Sister

Chapter 7

Just like the night before Abby tossed and turned in her sleep. The strange dreams continued.

She was walking down a long hallway. It was black and there was a dim light.

She looked around trying to find her way out all of a sudden the light completey went out.

She gasped and looked around panicking. Then she heard a noise. It was a loud pounding noise. Whatever it was sounded close. She also smelled something that made her mouth water and her stomach growl.

Without thinking she ran to where the sound and smell was. She wasn't the fastest runner yet she was running like never before. She continued to run the pounding sound getting closer.

Finally she rammed herself into something warm and soft. Whatever it was struggled against her she pinned it down. She buried her fangs into its neck.

Abby moaned as the sweet thick substance ran down her throat. Suddenly the light came back on. Surprised Abby pulled back she looked down.

She gasped as she realized she was on top of the body of an unknown male. His throat had been viciously ripped out the blood still pouring from his neck.

Still gasping Abby got off stepping back till she hit a wall. She felt something wet on her hands. She looked down seeing blood on her hands and clothes.

Shuddering she touched her mouth realizing blood was on her mouth. She had killed and drank the guys blood.

Her stomach heaved and she vomited up the blood and the other contents. Coughing she stared at the body her eyes in horror.

"What the hell is wrong with me?" She asked herself.

"Nothing is wrong with you Abby." A familiar voice said.

Her eyes widen as she looked around trying to locate the owner of the voice.

"Shadows?" She whispered.

"Yes it's me Abby." He said from behind her.

She turned around finding him standing there his hazel eyes boring into hers.

"What do you mean there's nothing wrong?" She asked getting up.

"This is just part of your change Abby." He said pulling her to him. "There's nothing to be afraid of."

"My change?" She said confused. "What do you mean?"

"I chose you." He said stroking her cheek.

"Chose me for what?" She asked confused.

"You'll find out soon." He said.

Abby sat up gasping and sweating from the dream. She got up walked to the bathroom splashing her face.

The dreams were getting stranger. She had attributed them to her fever but they were becoming to weird to ignore.

She was brought out her thoughts by her phone ringing. Walking to it she picked it up. The ID read unknown caller. She answered it anyway.

"Hello." She said.

"Hello is this Abby Tanner?" A male voice asked. "The sister of Karen Tanner?"

"Yes to both questions." She said confused. "Who is this?"

"Abby this is Doctor Roberts from the Huntington Hospital." He said. "Your sister has been attacked she's in treatment right now."

"Is she okay?" Abby asked frantic.

"Yes she is but you might want to come here." He said.

"I'm on my way." She said hanging up and getting her shoes.

As she walked out Abby realized that she didn't have a way to get to the hospital. Karen had tooken the car and the buses didn't run this late. She would have to walk the whole way to the hospital.

As she walked she felt like someone was following her. She turned seeing nothing.

It's just my fever and imagination. She told herself.

As she continued to walk she noticed a jeep trailing behind her. She picked up her pace as did the jeep. She sped up then the jeep came right beside her.

"You need a lift?" A voice asked.

Abby turned to see Charlie with her window down talking to her.

"You need a lift or what?" Charlie asked again.

Abby quickly nodded. "Yes please."

"Hop in." Charlie said.

Abby walked to the passenger side getting in as Charlie started driving again.

"Where you off to?" She asked turning to face her.

"I have to get to the hospital." Abby said. "My sister is there."

"Okay." Charlie said giving the car more gas. "So what's wrong with your sister?"

"She's been attacked." Abby said.

Charlies grip tightened on the steering wheel. "Attacked by what?"

"I don't know the doctor didn't say." Abby said.

"That's why you shouldn't be walking alone at night." Charlie said. "It's dangerous around here."

Abby looked at Charlie. "How is it?"

"There's been strange things happening here for the past couple of years." Charlie said. "People vanishing never to be seen again, some have been found mutliated, throats torn out like theyve been attacked by a wild animal."

Abbys eyes widen. "Charlie I saw all the missing persons flyers in the Super 1 windows."

"Police are still looking for them hoping they'll turn up but they're gone forever." Charlie said.

"How do you know that?" Abby asked.

"I just do." Charlie said.

Abby looked at her confused but didn't ask anymore questions. They finally arrived at the hospital.

"Thanks for the ride Charlie." Abby said getting out.

"You're welcome." Charlie said. "Abby you and your sister be extra careful while y'all are here." "There's a lot of dangers hidden around here or sometimes it's in disguise."

Before Abby could ask her what she meant Charlie sped off. Abby walked inside the hospital puzzled by Charlies words. Age arrived at the front desk.

"I'm Abby Tanner sister of Karen Tanner." She told the receptionist.

She looked up her eyes widen. "Abby Tanner?" "Follow me."

Abby followed the nurse down a hallway till they got to a room. She knocked on the door someone inside said come in. Opening the door Abby saw Karen laying in a bed with a big piece of gauze covering her shoulder.

"Karen!" Abby said running to her sister hugging her.

"In okay Abby." Karen said hugging her back.

Abby pulled back her eyes widening at the piece of gauze covering her sisters arm.

"What happened?" She asked.

"I was attacked by a big dog." Karen said.

Abby grew terrified. "Was it a big black dog?"

"How did you know?" Karen asked shocked.

Before she could answer Doctor Roberts walked in. "Abby Tanner?"

She nodded shaking his hand. "Is Karen okay?"

"She's gonna be fine." He said checking her heartbeat. "She's one of the lucky ones."

"What do you mean by that?" Abby asked.

"There's been quite a lot of animal attacks where the surviving victims say they've been attacked by usually a big black dog." Dr. Roberts said.

Abby gasped in shock Karen squeezed her hand.

"Will she be able to come home?" Abby asked him.

"Maybe tomorrow." He said. "We're gonna keep her over night to make sure she doesn't have any infections or rabies."

Abby nodded. "Do you want me to stay here Kar?"

"Nah you go home and get some rest you need it." She said.

"Okay." Abby said hugging her sister again. "See you tomorrow." She said grabbing the keys and giving her a final look before exiting the room.

"Gates you had to choose a girl who is feisty for your mate." Jimmy said snickering.

"Shut the fuck up." Synyster growled putting more eye drops into his eyes.

"You know you could've done it an easier way." Zacky said.

"It's more fun doing it that way." Synyster said with a smirk. "I get a preview of what she might sound like in bed." "And she's a squealer and screamer."

They all laughed as Shadows entered the room.

"Shadows what about your mate?" Jimmy asked. "Her transformations almost done."

"I know." Shadows said with a smile. "She's gonna be paying us a visit tonight."

As Abby sat in bed thinking about the events that happened she felt a strong urge to go to the club where he was.

As if in a trance she got up changing into a black dress, with lipstick, and black flats. Grabbing the keys she walked out the house got in the car and drove to the club.