Status: Summer is my spirit animal. 4th edit time.

Stoney Camp

Psycho, Pugnacious Plastic.

“ I-i-i don't know you too... Cause I'm new, like today new.”

BEEP BEEP BEEP....

….What is that noise....

….BEEP BEEP BEEP....

…. I don't like it....

A disgruntled moan escaped my mouth as I realised what the sound was and where it was coming from. I flung my arm to over to hit the top of the alarm to switch it off. Though the only thing I managed to hit was the floor... with my face.... and the beeping continued. On top of the alarm I heard footsteps just outside my room. Oh no this cannot be good!

“ Mum! Summer just died.” I heard Sally scream out.

Whoever was asleep surely would be awake now. I wouldn't mind going back to sleep. The carpet is nice and soft and my blankets made it down with me. I could try. Only I heard more footsteps coming up the wooden stairs and the alarm continued on. If only it could sense that I was actually awake.

“ Darling are you alright?” I heard my mother say from behind me.

“ My face hurts.” I replied drearily into the carpet. I was also telling the truth, it really did hurt.

“ You'll be fine.” My mum replied and then there was silence, she must've switched off my alarm. “Now come on we will be leaving for school soon. Don't want to be late on your first day.”

Oh frap, forgot about that! New town means new school which means yep I'm definitely going to just lay here. I replied with a grunt as mum left my room.

Do I really have to go to school? I pondered that for a moment then finally decided I should go unless of course my fall had given me a new feature to my face. I staggered up onto my feet with my cosy blanket wrapped around me and headed for the mirror. Rats! No mark. Stupid carpet. Why can't you be harder?

I ignored the sight of my hair for the moment as I walked over to my window with a brush in my hand. Everything is so different here, the sun was just rising, ice was melting off the leave-less trees. Thats right, ice! I don't know how I'm going to cope going outside. Do I even own anything that'll keep me warm against ice?

I raced over to the back of my room and begin pulling all the jumpers and jackets I owned out of my wardrobe.

“ Summer hurry up!” I heard mum bellow from downstairs.

Alright, alright. I quickly assembled my hair into two ponytails, chucked on a few layers of clothing. Quickly shoved a book and pen into my bag and downstairs I went.

“ How do I look for my first day mum?” I asked as I strutted into the very spacious kitchen.

“ Looking first class as always darlin'.” Mum replied with a quickly glance as she was of course busy cleaning up the mess she had made making breakfast. Which I had clearly missed.

“ Mum how come Summer gets to wear free dress and I have to wear this hobo school uniform?”

Ugh, it's too early in the morning for me to deal with Sally's whinging. I walked over to mum and noticed there was still some freshly squeezed orange juice on the counter.

“ To show that you belong to that hobo school.”

Mum's reply almost made me choke! Does Sally even know what a hobo is? I could always teach her.

“ Well I don't want to belong to a hobo school.” Sally protested, smashing her cutlery unto the table.

“ Tough, that's life!” Mum roared back at her.

Yep she is definitely over Sally's whining too.

“ You have a lot to learn young one.” I said to Sally as I placed my glass on the table.

Mum walked into my view, handed me a piece of toast and I could hear her mentally calling out my name in a warning tone, not to start anything with my sister. I replied with a silent sigh as I bit into a piece of buttered toast.

“ Alright kids me and Jack will meet you in the car.” Said Mum as she picked up Jack's things for school and headed for the garage.

I quickly finished my toast and Sally quickly got out of her chair. We looked at each other for a quick second, then the race for the front seat was on. The one advantage I had against her was speed, but then she was fat and could block my path which she was doing a good job at as we raced down the hallway. Again I must stress that she's not really overly fat, I'm just a really mean person. As the hallway came to an end I quickly swooped underneath her arm as she tried to block me and I made it to the front seat first. I wish my eyes could take photos, that glare I was getting. Boy oh boy!

The trip through town didn't take long as the two schools were connected, my school was at the back of Sally's and Jack's school. Or was it the other way around? Never mind, they were split by the school's luscious green ovals and a thicket of trees.

When mum pulled into the drop-off zone, my stomach filled itself with butterflies the size of dinner plates. I eased myself out of the car taking deeps breaths as I looked upon the large white crossed shaped structure with awe and some dread. Ok mostly dread.

“ Have a great day at school Summer!” I heard mum call out to me as I took my first steps towards the daunting building.

“ I-i-i will.” I replied focusing my attention back on mum.

“ Be yourself, you're bound to make a lot of new friends.” She again called out and ew it sounded like a dad line.

“ You gotcha.” I replied as I turned and walked faster towards the school and away from her incase she used another one.

“ One last thing. Please look after yourself!” Mum yelled out getting the attention of some of the students that were hanging around the front of the school.

Please just leave now! I raced as fast as I could without looking strange. But strange happened as I could now see the sky and can't breathe. Great, just great!

I slowly turned my head towards the car and saw my mum flailing her arms at me. Before I could warn her about the shard of ice I could now see. She too was on her back.

“Owww!” I moaned as I sat up. I saw all the kids in the area almost falling over from laughing. Even more greatness. I'm now the laughing stock of the school. Well to the few randoms outside. I hope the laughter causes you pain!

“ Oh and mum are you feeling oww too?” I asked tentatively, knowing obviously what the answer was. At least I'm caring?

“No, I'm just ow...I have to go..now.” She replied stunned as she slowly pushed herself up onto her hands and knees and then cautiously onto her feet. “ Summer, I'll see you at the end of the day.” She turned away from me and hobbled to the car and left without saying another word.

At least I avoided another dad line. But now I was left alone in a strange place with strange people who will forever know me as the girl who slipped over on ice. I looked down at the piece of ice and with a fit of rage I booted it away. I watched the ice skid across the road, little fragments flew off to the side as it collided with the bitumen. The ice shard finally came to a stop on a footpath on the other side of the road....in front of a girl. Who also slipped on the ice.

WHY IS THIS HAPPENING??

I've decided I don't like ice, it's cold and it hurts people. I watched her fall and roll onto the road just on front of a car, which quickly swerved out of the way and lost control. Alright I can't watch this anymore. WHAT HAVE I DONE?

I turned and faced the school and ran. I just ran up the small flight of stairs leading into the building and through the front doors just as I heard the crash behind me. A violent wave of guilt rushed over me just as I bumped into something. I looked up and it was a someone. A very attractive someone.

“ Oh, my god! Watch where you're going you clumsy twit!” Screamed the very attractive girl in disgust.

This is just not my day... “I'm sor...”

“ Look what you have done!”

Can I at least get my apology in?

“You have wet, crinkled and most likely have dirtied my expensive leather jacket. Do you know how much these costs!” The girl then pointed at her valued jacked still with a disgusted look upon her gorgeously decorated face.

I'm sorry my blind panic made me touch your jacket! I wanted to scream at her.

I actually just wanted to scream. Or cry. Possibly both.

“ I-i'm real...”

“ You are so going to pay!”

By the look on her face, she meant what she said too. She suddenly pushed on my shoulder hard. I mustered all my strength just to stay on my feet. Alright now I want to go home. Getting up off the floor was definitely a bad idea today. Stupid ice!

Her arm came at me again and I couldn't hold myself up and fell to the floor below. What do I do, like do I fight back?

I'm not sure I could, she was not only very attractive but strong and tall as well. Maybe I'll just crawl to safety. Actually no I can't that requires turing around and looking outside.

WHAT IF I HAVE KILLED SOMEBODY?!

Yep now the overwhelming guilt is back. I might as well just stay sprawled on the floor like this. Maybe she'll leave me alone.

“ Now...”

I heard her pause, I think she went to say my name.

“Oh wait I don't know you do I?” She asked with a very fake smile showcasing her brilliant white teeth.

Why are you so perfect? Except for being psycho of course!

I-i-i don't know you too... Cause I'm new, like today new.” I replied nervously.

What would she do to me now? I wondered, really not wanting to find out though.

“ I. Am. So. Sorry!” She gasped as she placed her hand out to me.

At first I flinched but I think she's declared a truce. Good. I would've totally wiped the floor with her face otherwise.

“ Thanks.” I replied as she pulled me back up to my feet.

Alright now it is time to vamoose before anything else happens.

“ You being new means you have no friends here right?” She asked cheerfully.

Just keep your head down Summer and don't reply, she's crazy, you can do better.

“ Pretty much.” I replied, trying to channel my inner mum's passive voice.

“ Well no longer. I'll be your friend, show you around the school. My name's Andrea Quartz by the way! And don't ever have your hair in those ponytails again.”

No, please don't be my friend.

Surely I can make better ones. And how dare she judges my hair. Alright so it isn't this awesome shade of red that's flowing gracefully from my head. I like my ponytails.

“ Gottcha! Ponytails bad and you friend. And I-i'm Summer.” I suppose I had to introduce myself.

"Hi, sorry we got on the wrong foot, I'm not normally so... pugnacious.” Said Andrea as we began to walk deeper into the school.

Um now how do I answer this. What is pugnacious? Does it have something to do with pugs?

“ That's alright, I'm not normally so...clumsy.”

Lol that's a lie! But she doesn't have to know, as soon as I can I am ditching this pugnacious one before she does knows more.

“ So the school tour begins here with the main hall. This is where you will find the lockers.” She said as we approached a cross-section. Doors and lockers covered the walls and students had filled the hallway.

Yes a crowd of people a perfect place to hide.

“ Wow, it's pretty crowded here. I thought Stoney Camp was only a small town.” I commented on the crowd in front of us.

When in all honesty I had no idea what sort of place Stoney camp was. I just found out last night the place's name.

“ Well it's probably small to you because you come from...Hang on! Where do you come from again?” Asked Andrea.

“ Sydney” I replied.

Why am I telling her stuff? Soon she'll think she knows me. Like a friend.

“ No wonder you think this place is small in comparison. What made you move to a small city like this?” She asked and of course I am going to respond. I can't be rude, I just can't.

“ My dad did. He got a new and apparently well paying job here. I thought this was an old mining town though and not a city.”

“ What a drag, leaving all those shops and cafe's behind. But yeah it's a large town or small city whatever you want to call it. It started though, as you said a little mining town. Look's like you've done your research.”

Great now she thinks I'm a nerd. Well maybe this a good thing and she will leave me, especially someone of her build and personality, happens in movies all the time.

“ Lucky guess really, though I was thinking more dusty and less snowy?”

Oh I forgot to mention, I can't lie either. Lets pray no one asks me how my morning is going. I might cry.

“ No it gets dusty alright, so much so that I have to wash my hair every night!”

Oh you poor thing. She really doesn't like getting dirty. Maybe that'll be how I can separate myself from her. Keep getting her dirty! Or I might end up in a hospital. Either way it sounds like a grand plan to me.

“ Great, there goes my allowance!” I joked.

Why did I joke? I'm not trying to be cool, I'm trying to get her dirty!

“ You're humorous!” Andrea squealed as she laughed poshly!

I however forced a fake laugh as her word choice stunned me again. Does everybody here use big words?

“ I don't suppose you have a plan to get through this crowd?” I asked, although this was plan A. Hide self in crowd.

“ I do. Just watch and learn how being the most popular person in school can give you so much power.” Replied Andrea proudly as she flicked her long hair to the side and strutted towards the mass of people only for them to peel away to the right side to let her pass.

Noooooooo! Why does she have to be popular!

This is going all wrong! Fine Plan B it is. Get some dirt onto her. I quickly followed behind her trying to hide my face so people didn't recognise that they didn't recognise me.

Andrea had stopped just a few metres away and I looked to see what was in front of her. It was a girl who hadn't moved away. She seemed to be too preoccupied putting her books away in her locker.

“ Hey Pepper, how was your Christmas holidays?” Asked Andrea in a higher toned fake nice voice.

I don't see this ending well! RUN PEPPER RUN! I wanted to scream at her.

Pepper looked up and pushed her beautiful golden brown hair out of her hazel eyes to greet Andrea. “ I-i-it was...” She replied nervously.

“ That's nice. Love the dress by the way! Where did you get it?”

I looked at Pepper's black and white checked dress, leggings and her thick black woollen vest on top.

Ugh! No you don't!

Looks like she is showing her true plastic colours. I really do feel sorry for the girl already. She's probably had to deal with this her whole time here! I have to admit I was on the verge of turning plastic at my old school. But I guess this can be a new start for me. I don't like being mean to people. Well actually I do, or is it just my sister that gives me great joy to be mean to.

“ Oh, I-i-i got it from th-the...”

“ The Saint Vinnies just down the road? That's nice of you helping out charities.”

I could hear and see some of the students in the vicinity beginning to snicker.

“ Now why don't you help out another charity. It's called the get out of Andrea's way foundation!”

“O-o-ok. I'm going.” Quickly replied Pepper as she closed her locker door and went to leave past Andrea.

She however pushed her hard back into the lockers. I don't understand her. She is so violent. Maybe thats why she is popular, because she has installed fear into everybody.

“ Gosh! Watch where you're going!” Andrea gasped as she walked passed, giving Pepper a nasty glare.

As I slowly walked passed her, I gave her a look of empathy as I myself had just been pushed around by that psycho, pugnacious plastic!Pepper looked up and replied with a small nervous smile which seem to light up her pale freckled face. She looked so lovely and sweet, someone I wouldn't mind having around. Plus by the way she dressed I think she could help me with school too. I'm not the brightest of people you see.

“ Summer come on!” Called out Andrea fiercely making me jump!

Can't I just run away. Why I do feel the need to follow her orders. No actually, I know, she's installed fear into me also.

“ I-i'm coming.” I replied ending the moment I was having with Pepper.

The poor girl sulked away down the hall and as she turned a corner she quickly shot me another smile before disappearing behind a wall. I then quickly caught up with Andrea, who knew what was going to happen next.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Honestly you guys have no idea how much I love Summer.

Her encounter with Andrea is just divine, I laugh so much. Is it wrong to laugh at your own jokes? haha

Please, please, please comment and share.