Status: Summer is my spirit animal. 4th edit time.

Stoney Camp

Guilty Mascara Covered Tears.

"I will be watching you."

I could hear in the distance the noises of students rising to their feet and my name being passed around like a beach ball at a music festival. I suppose I better stand up as well before they can pinpoint who I was. But I can't, I can't move. I wanted to stay still and be invisible while everybody else goes about their day, going to classes, gossiping about me and hating me and not doing school work cause it's the first day. Who does that?

“ Summer you didn't did you?” I heard Will ask me. He sounded so shocked.

I'm actually in shock. But that voice of his slowly brought me back. I uncovered my face and slowly turned to him. I saw that he was still sitting beside me even though everybody else was up and leaving.

“ I-i did do it.” I replied robotically. It was hard to move my mouth to make words. “ I-i-i didn't mean to though. Well I meant to kick the ice . Just not to hurt anyone.”

“ Well I believe you, even though I just met you. Cause no one I know can fake a pale face and tears like that.” Will replied making my inside me smile for a fraction of a second.

His words were slowly unfreezing me and the feeling of guilt came rushing out of me.
“ I-i'm in so much trouble now aren't I?” I asked as I could feel more hot mascara covered tears rolling down my face. Gosh I must look attractive right now.

“ I'm not sure. Like you didn't mean to, so that should earn you points. You should go to his office though like right now.”

Oh that requires moving. I'm not sure I'm ready to do that yet. “ O-ok and his office is where?” I asked swallowing my fear. I know I have to go. Running away would just make things worse.

“ C'mon I'll show you.” He said as he shot up to his feet and placed out his hand to me just like he did earlier this morning. I took his hand and he pulled me up onto my shaky feet. I looked around and noticed that almost everybody had left so we joined onto the back of the crowd.

This time Will never left my side as we walked back up the path, through the courtyard and towards the front of the school. During the walk I managed to calm myself down a bit. Well I'm not crying anymore.

“ Well here we are.” Said Will as he directed my attention the the Principle's Office. It's actually the first room to the left as you enter in the school. I looked at the glass doors and it all came rushing back to me.

“Oh god! I’m scared! It’s only my first day here and I’ve already stuffed up big time.” I cried out almost hysterically. I am actually panicking. WHAT IF I GET EXPELLED OR PUT IN JAIL?

“ Don't worry, you will be fine!” Said Will as he pulled me into him and hugged me tight.

What is happening? It calmed me almost instantly. He also smells nice. It almost made me smile. I pushed myself off, looked him in the eyes and thanked him. It was actually really sweet of him.

“ I have to get to class now. You will be fine, alright!” He insisted to tell me.

But I don't want you to leave. I wanted to cry out to him. But no, don't sound desperate Summer, you got this. You will be fine. I waved him goodbye as he did the same and disappeared into the crowd of students. I turned slowly and faced the glass doors in front of me.

“Well here goes nothing.” I whispered to myself. I took a deep breath and pushed the door open. Across from the door I saw a familiar golden haired girl seated upon one of the chairs that lined back wall. I wonder why she is here for? She seems like a good girl. I walked over to her, though she kept her head down. I don't think she saw me come in. I decided to be brave and sat next to her. Like I want to friend you.

We sat next to each other for a moment but no words were shared between us.

“ Oh boy! I've done something r-really silly! I-i-i hope you can forgive me?” Pepper unexpectedly cried out to me. She looked to be on the verge of crying herself.

“ Hey, what's up? What did you do?” I replied awkwardly. I had no idea what to say to her. Or what she is even on about.

“I-i-I’m th-th-the one who saw you throw the ice on the road, an-an-and i-i-I’m the one who dobbed you in.”

Oh you little bitch! I'm getting everybody wrong in this place, the nice looking ones are evil and the good looking ones are evil. I don't understand. But the way Pepper told me, she sounded and looked upset.

“Why did you dob me in?” I asked holding back the rage I could feel burning up inside. I had to know why, maybe I could understand why she did it.

“i-i-it’s not like i-i-I want you to get you into trouble. I just wanted to be friends with you, and I saw that Andréa had got to you first so I-i-i thought this would be the only way to say hi.”

“Hey I’m not like Andréa. I tend to wanna have friends, not have little drones to follow me around.” I replied instantaneously, sounding almost aggressive. But it was honestly true. I want real friends. Just because some popular chick got to me first doesn't mean anything.

I wanted to tell her how I felt about her earlier. Like I do want to be friends with you. I looked at her face and I could see tears forming. Well it's your own fault really. But I couldn't help feeling a little sorry for her. Again thinking about what she has to deal with and clearly she's lacking a lot of confidence. She's a real pretty gal.

“I feel real bad now cause you’re are probably going to get in huge trouble an-an-and i-it’s all my fault cause I’m too shy to go up to someone new and say hi, I’m Pepper.” She said really fast.

Alright now I'm really feeling her and I'm not as mad at her anymore. I can understand, I think.

“ I-i'll go tell the principle i-i-it was me.”

Aww. Ok now she's what I remember her being, sweet.

“ NO! No you don't have to. It's ok, I'll go in and tell my story. I-i should be fine.” I replied, trying to sound confident. I want to believe it. But really I'm going to get expelled and trialled in court for attempted murder.

I heard the glass door being pushed open and my heart sunk. The principle had entered the building.

“ Pepper what are you doing here?” He asked in a vexed tone. Great just what I need. Him to be in an angering mood.

Pepper stuttered to answer him.

“ Go to class please.” He directed his narrowing grey eyes onto her. She immediately stood up and gave me a sympathetic look as she slumped away from me. Now I was alone with the principle.

“ So you must be Summer Bermingdale?”

“ Good guess.” I replied only giving him a quick glance. I felt way too guilty and frightened to actually look at him. Besides my mascara has ran, I look like a monster. He doesn't need to see that. Why isn't he saying anything? I looked up again and our eyes connected.

“ Please follow me to my desk.” He directed passing me a small glare that made my insides churn. Clearly he didn't take for my small attempt at humour. He seems like a very serious and scary person and I'm about to get the full wrath of his scariness.

I got up quickly, my first couple of steps were a bit shaky but I slowly got my balance back as I made it into his office which was overlooking the front of the school.

“ Miss Bermindale, please take a seat.” Mr Till ordered as he sat behind his desk and I sat down on the grey cushioned chair on the other side. It was very intimate, just the two of us, sitting across each other. There was no way I could escape without him seeing.

“Now answer me this. What gave you the urge to throw a block of ice onto the road?” He asked in a very serious tone. I looked up at him to answer and his grey eyes seemed to burn into mine.

“ Straight to the point then.” I replied nervously, normally I would say that in my head. But clearly I am to scared to think anymore.

“ Well we don't have time to dally on small talk do we? You are missing out on precious learning time.” He replied leaning in towards me. His eyes were really freaking me out they were so grey and cold looking.

“Well it was an accident see, me and my mom both fell over that block…”

“And you decided that someone else must slip on that ice, hence why you threw it at Lucy Chin?”

Clearly that was the grand plan all along. I want others to suffer because I did. Well maybe only the guys that were laughing at me. But seriously!? Also what is with everyone butting in. Must be a Stoney camp thing. I looked up at the principal again and his face seemed closer than ever waiting for me to reply.

“No, no I didn’t throw it on the road for that reason, I did it because I was pis…err..” Oh my goodness I almost said a bad word in front of the principal. That would've went down swimmingly. “Annoyed with the block of ice so I just kicked it away, and that away happened to be on the road near that Lucy girl.” Just thinking what could've happened almost made me start crying again. I looked up again and the Principal's eyes again locked onto mine. What was he looking for?

Finally after receiving an intense stare he hummed as he leant back into his tall black leather chair.

“ I will let you off the hook this time. In future please be more careful where you kick things at, especially icy things. I will be watching you miss Bermingdale.” He replied still with his serious face which made me shiver. Creepy.

“This being off the hook means I can go bye now, huh?” I asked. I wanted out really. I feel uncomfortable sitting across from him, just those eyes. There was something about them.

“Yes, off you go or I will detain you at lunch for skipping class.”

I'm going don't you worry. I gave him a forced smile as I got up out of the chair as quick as I could looking normal and left the his office just as fast.
♠ ♠ ♠
More and more suspicious characters. I would like to hear on some thoughts about the principal. I haven't really thought on who he could be yet. Either a good or bad guy.

Hopefully the next chapter will give you a sense on where this story is going. *cough* vampires *cough*