Status: Active. updated as comments come in.

Darling

Seeing things for once

Tom had taken Locklyn to his LA home where he was hoping she would be able to settle in she was more and more hyper. He had gotten upset with her several times for breaking things or being to loud, just silly little things that bothered him. Today was no different from any of the other days as he sat in his kitchen with the lap top perked up on the table. He sat at the table in his pajama pants and white tank top as Locklyn walked around the house doing god knows what.
.
"Hiddles. Can we go out? I am getting home sick." He grunted as she walked in the room dressed for the day.
.
It was warm so today Locklyn had on leggings with shorts over those and a tank top. Her bag he got her when he went out solo, swung over her shoulder. He had felt bad for her when he got to leave and she had to stay home so he picked up the bag for her.
.
"Not today. I have work up to my b... Not today. Sorry Sweetheart." He didn`t look up at her knowing her expression would be disappointment.
.
"But you promised today were going to go out and you would ignore work and......"
.
"I know Loc." He replied annoyed.
.
"You promi....."
.
"I KNOW!!!!" He slammed his fist on the table catching her off guard.
.
Locklyn jumped back in shock and fear. The look in her eyes melted the anger Tom had almost immediately even though he already felt bad for snapping at her for simply just being anxious. He had already felt bad for snapping at her but her face spoke a whole new story to him and made him feel even worse. Like he just told her he run over her dog and backed up to check on it and accidentally rehit it.
.
"Locklyn....." He croaked out.
.
"Sorry." She whispered as she turned around and ran from the house outside to the drive way and she didn`t stop.
.
She decided to just go out on her own cause he would look for her anyways. Tom had gotten up to go after her but stopped cause he couldn`t go out dressed the way he was. By the time he dressed she was already long gone from the block. So he would have to look for her now which was a little relief to him. All that work was driving him insane. Debating on the way she ran, she would run into the shops in town so she would be okay long enough for him to shower and phone Luke to tell him that he would be out so give him a call when he was on his way over.
.
After what felt like forever. Locklyn got to the stores down hill from the homes and went into the first one which was a sorta thrift store that had a Bohemian look to it.
.
The shelves were scattered with home made items like bracelets and rings Nd little trinkets like that. There were larger shelves of wooden buckets with clothes and antiques. It was like a museum in there. There was a sitting area where books were scattered in one corner. It was very comfortable in there and the aroma of the wild that was sweeping the room flooded the room.
.
"May I help you?" A older lady asked as she walked over to her from behind the counter.
.
"No. Not yet at least. This store.... It is overwhelmingly brilliant. I have not been in a store like this before."
.
"Well look around. Tell me if you will be needing any help I will be just a call away."
.
She walked off leaving Loc there to explore. She looked over the home made jewelry and spotted one inpaticular one that had Chinese writing burnt into it. Each one had a tag with what the word said. This one had a tag: New Hope. Carved into it and had circles and spirals around it. It was cute and she needed it. Holding that well she continued to look around the store, she took in everything. How the antiques hung from the roof and seemed just right where they were to the clothing that screamed out hippie. The whole store was earthy right to the dirt walls, which were simple paint and molding clay to resemble a cave. She walked to the book corner and pulled out the first one that caught her eye. She must of been there longer than what it seemed cause she felt the couch move from next to her and some one cleared their throat.
.
"Having fun?" She inwardly smiled but on the outside she cringed. Quickly remember being snapped st earlier.
.
Tom took notice and cringed himself cause he caused that to happen.
.
"I`m sorry for snapping like that at you Loc." He spoke.
.
She didn`t look at him but nodded her head in acknowledgement and kept her head nose in her book.
.
"I`m sorry for being annoying and pissing you off."
.
"Come. We have to get back home and see what we can take to dinner tomorrow. So the store. I will get you the boom. I shopped around and took everything to the car before coming to get your attention."
.
He got up and held his hand out for her take. She sat there and looked at his hand before reluctantly taking it and following him to the check out. He paid for the book and bracelet before they went back outside to the waiting car and driving down the street.
.
.
The store was packed and with Tom trying not to hit people with the basket, Locklyn threw random things she wanted in the basket without him noticing. But once it was time to check out he gave her a look of humor and confused but none the less paid for the things she had in the basket.
.
"What is with the food?" He asked once they were back at the house putting things away.
.
"You will see once it is done." She smiled as she grabbed his phone and went online and started to look up a old recipe she learned from James. She ushered Tom out of the room after handing him his work things and got to work on dinner. Green bean casserole with a twist of sweetness. Almond nut sweet bread. Once that was done she started on the custard pudding that she knew he liked and finished it off with pecans on top. She loved to cook and it felt good to be able to do that again after so long. She was so caught up that she didn`t hear the front door ring or Tom calling her.
.
"Loccy? Come and mee.... My kitchen." He exclaimed. .
Locklyn looked around the room at the pans piled up and smirked. Less than last time.
.
"I am gonna start cleaning now that dinner is baking." .
"First come and meet my friend." He asked.
.
She followed behind him to the living room where Luke and someone other guy were sitting down.
.
"Smells good Leni. What are you making?" Luke asked.
.
Locklyn scrunched up her nose at him crossed her arms.
.
" Windsor. I swear call me that and I will stab you with a spoon." She threatened.
.
"Oh Loccy. He is just having fun with you." Tom said jokingly. "Meet my other friend, Benedict Cumberbatch." Tom said as the two shook hands.
.
"Nice to meet you Mr. Cumberbatch. If you could excuse me gentlemen. I need to finish cooking and cleaning."
.
Locklyn walked from the room and rushed into the kitchen and excitedly screamed into a rag. She knew she recognized him. He was Sherlock!
.
"Loc you okay? Why you screaming into a rag?" Tom asked as he walked into the kitchen.
.
"Hiddles. That is Sherlock Holmes from TV! Oh my gosh you are friends with Sherlock!" She jumped around him in a circle.
.
"Yes. I did not know you were a fan."
.
"That show is the greatest thing since sliced bread. You withheld info from me and I shall withhold the pudding I made." She teased.
.
"What pudding?" He asked, bouncing to the fridge.
.
"My custard pudding with pecans on top. You can mot have any. It is mine now." She said as she started to clean the dishes.
.
Tom helped by wiping the counters down real fast after calling the guys in."
.
"You adopted a cook." Cumberbatch stated.
.
"No. This is the first time she has done this. Cook for me." Tom replied.
.
"You don`t let me leave the house so you can`t blame me for that." She said as she pulled the tray of casserole from the oven and placed it on the stove top to cool down a bit well she finished cleaning up.
.
"Where did you learn to cook?" Luke asked, picking at the food.
.
"My brother. He took classes to impress a girl and in the end he taught me and we got so fat."
.
"Place the rest in the washer." Tom instructed as he cut up the casserole.
.
"NO!!! It is a experiment. You can`t eat it unless I approve."
.
They all looked at her like she was crazy as she grabbed the casserole a d put it on the other side of the sink and cut her piece out and took the first bite. Just the right way but still its own way from the way her brother made it. He had his own way of making his that she loved.
.
"It is okay. Not as sweet as I usually do but still good without the extra sweetener." She took her slice to the table after serving everyone else and sat down.
.
She ignored them after figuring that they didn`t like it when they didn`t say anything to her.
.
"Are you going to tag along to Scarlett`s house too for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow?" Tom asked, finally breaking the silence.
.
"If I am invited to go along. I was going to honestly stay home and just watch all the specials that are going to be on."
.
"Yeah man. Just tag along with me and the small fry." .
Locklyn tuned them out and finished her food before getting up and washing her dish before putting the casserole in the trash, or at least attempting to, before Tom hopped up and stopped her.
.
"Whoa. No wasting food." He said putting it on the counter a.d cutting another slice.
.
"You didn`t seem to like it. Didn`t even say what you thought of it." She said as she starting putting the dish from the washer away.
.
"It is good. We should take this tomorrow to Scarlett`s house."
.
"I`ll be outside reading." She announced.
.
"You will stay in the house till you learn to not run away."
.
"You snapped at me and any more force would`ve snapped the table in half!" She snapped.
.
"Don`t snap at me Loc. Stay in the house. I don`t want you to run off again. I don`t think you know how scared I get." He replied, challenging her.
.
She just growled as she left the room and walked into the sitting room to read her book. It was not her fault but no he treated her like a caged bird. She just couldn`t wait till tomorrow when he would drink, leaving her time to sneak off and not have to worry about him catching her. She looked forward to it. After all why would a grown man just adopt her out of the blue unless there was a different motive behind doing so? She stayed there for what seemed like minutes to her but in reality was hours judging by the dimness outside.
.
"Locklyn did you hear me? Get ready for bed." Tom had said grabbing the book from her.
.
"I was reading that!" She shouted.
.
"Dually noted. It is already midnight. You need to get to bed at some time you know." He said, handing her back the book.
.
"Midnight, London time. It is barely four here." She argued.
.
"You are suppose to stay on schedule. Go on. Off to bed." He commanded.
.
She got up after glaring at him. Cumberbatch and Luke were still over and standing in the door way. Tom smiled down at her as she walked off to shower and what not. He never told her but he really did care. Not just for finding her for her doom on that bridge but for her just being a great kid who was lost and alone. When he found out who she was, he remembered all the stories that his dad told him of her family and how they treated her. He decided that he would take care of her and show her what a real family was like and show her that not all people are bad. He was set on showing just that so she knew that she deserved better than what she was given.
.
Loc did her normal routine and showered, brushed her teeth and did her hair before making her way back down stairs to the sitting room. Part of that routine was telling Tom good night which became a OCD of hers to cause if she didn`t, she couldn`t sleep.
.
They all looked up at her as she walked into the room her way to Tom. It was something he started looking foreword to. It had been that second night after her brother`s funeral that she started to actually tell him good night and peck his cheek. It became a natural habit of hers.
.
Tonight was no different for her as she sat next to him and leaned over given him a quick peck on the cheek. He of course side hugged her which was something she greatly enjoyed but would not admit to.
.
"Night Hiddles. Night Windsor. Sherlock." She said looking at each of the guys.
.
Benedict smiled up at her at the mention of his characters name.
.
"Night sweetheart. Sleep well." Tom called out.
.
she actually decided to go to bed. Maybe she could wake up before him so she could actually sit outside for once in the morning glory.
.
"She is very polite but l thought you said she had trust issues. She was perfectly fine with you." Ben said confused.
.
"She has done that since her brothers funeral two weeks ago. It is something she seems to need to do which I very fine with cause I have yet to have a problem with her doing that. It kinda shows that she does in fact trust me a little it dosn't it?" He asked the others.
.
"You got lucky with this one. She seems sweet."
.............................
.
As planned Lockyn woke up before om and made her way outside to the front of the house and started to read her book in piece. it was a little dark still but it was the perfect setting to be just outside to enjoy the scenery for her. That was how it had been till Tom came out a few hours later with his cup pf tea and news paper.
.
"It is nice out here." He said, startling her.
.
"It is perfect weather for a sit down to read. I should've done this sooner."
.
"We are going to be leaving by noon so soon get ready cause we have a few places to be before we have to get home and get ready to go to Scarlett's."
.
"Who is she? You keep saying her name but it dosn't ring a bell.'
.
"She plays Black Widow in The Avengers with me."

▶ Show quoted text
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for any and all spelling errors. And for this taking this long also sorry that this story sucks.