Status: complete.

Merry Christmas

one/one

It was Christmas time in Sheffield and Josh Franceschi couldn’t be more excited. Christmas had always been his favourite holiday and now, for the first time in his life, he had someone to spend it with. And that someone happened to be a Sheffield boy known as Oliver Sykes.

“Josh, can you just calm down for like five minutes!?” Max asked the older male, trying to keep up with him.

With a laugh, Josh would shake his head and continue to walk ahead of the male. “Not a chance, Maxie! Besides, you know I need to get this done before the pet shop closes!”

Josh ran his fingers through his brown hair, blue eyes taking in as much as they could as he neared the pet shop. For the past few weeks, Oliver had been eyeing this little miniature pinscher pup and every time they had to leave, Oliver’s face would fall. So what did Josh do? He saved up some extra money and had managed to muster up enough to buy the small pup.

Pushing the door open, Josh stepped inside with a panting Max close behind him. Blue hues took a look around the pet shop before landing on the familiar little pup Oli had been eyeing. He was barking; tail wagging vigorously as he watched Josh and Max with brown eyes.

“That’s the one,” he said, looking over his shoulder at the owner.

“I was wondering when you would get him.” He said. He made his way over to the kennel, opening it and picking the small dog up. “Your boyfriend’s been coming in here for the past few weeks seeing if he was still here. You’ve already got everything you need for him?”

“Yeah, I do.” Josh answered, same smile on his lips. When he was handed the pup, he took him and smiled when feeling him lick at his face, getting a chuckle out of him. “Oli’s gonna love him.”

—-

“Joshie! Wake up!”

Josh felt a weight on him, a quiet noise leaving his lips as he felt that weight shifting, almost as if it were straddling him. Before he had a chance to open his eyes, he felt those familiar lips on his own and he smiled, returning the loving gesture. He wasn’t surprised that Oliver was up before him. He was always awake before him on special occasions. Giving his lover a gentle nudge, he felt him pull back, allowing the younger male to sit up properly.

“You’re up early as always.”

Oliver blushed and giggled, causing Josh’s smile to grow. He loved seeing Oliver like this. He reminded Josh of an overly excited little kid on Christmas day and he just loved that. It made him ecstatic.

“Come on. Let’s eat, and then we can start with presents.”

“Go ahead and start breakfast. I need to call Max real quick.” Josh said. With a nod, the older male made his way out of the room, leaving Josh alone to phone Max. He brought his phone to his ear, counting every ring before he heard the quiet voice of the male. “Maxie! Merry Christmas, mate.”

“Merry Christmas to you too, Josh.” Max chuckled. “I take it you’re calling about bringing the pup over?”

“Yeah, I am. Oliver’s already awake and starting breakfast, so I can send you a text when we finish up with the gifts,” he started, “I want him to be the final present Oliver gets today.”

He heard Max chuckle on the other line and he could hear the pinscher barking happily.

“All right, Josh. I’ll see you later then.”

Hanging up, Josh shoved his phone in his sweats pocket and made his way out of their room and to their kitchen. He could already smell breakfast being made and he found himself smiling as he watched Oliver cook. Making his way over to his boyfriend, he placed his hands on his hips, feeling him jump a little.

“Hey, relax, beautiful. It’s just me.” He chuckled, resting his chin on his shoulder.

“Hm, it’s nice of you to finally join me.” He giggled. Oliver giggled. God, that alone made Josh’s heart flutter. “What did you have to talk to Max about?”

“Oh, just wanted to wish him a happy Christmas, that’s all.”

He was hoping that Oliver wouldn’t push it and with his luck, the older male didn’t. He casually leaned against Josh, humming a Christmas tune as he continued to cook breakfast. Oh, how he couldn’t wait to see the look on his face when he saw the puppy.

—-

Sitting on the love seat, Josh smiled as he watched Oliver. It was like watching a little kid. He had the biggest smile on his face that Josh had ever seen before and it made him get butterflies. Damn, he was so cute. He had texted Max a little while earlier, letting him know that he could bring the pup over.

“This has been the best Christmas I’ve ever had.” Oliver said. He was curled up into Josh’s side, watching the snow fall outside with his boyfriend. “I love you, Josh.”

Those three little words caused a spark to form in Josh’s heart and he tilted his boyfriend’s head up, kissing him lightly.

“I love you too and I have one last gift to give you.” He pulled back, chuckling a little at the confused look on Oliver’s face. As he leaned forward to give him another kiss, he heard the door bell and grinned. “And just in time too.”

He got off the love seat, leaving a very confused Oliver to wonder what the hell was going on. He was greeted by Max, gesturing him inside and taking the pup from him. The small pup licked at Josh’s face as he talked to Max for a while before making his way back to the living area.

“Josh, who was –“

Oliver stopped short when he saw the miniature pinscher in Josh’s arms, tail wagging and big brown eyes staring at his new daddy. Josh chuckled when he saw Oliver’s eyes widen a little, standing up and making his way over to his boyfriend.

“I saw you eyeing him the past few weeks and I saved up some money to get him for you.” Josh explained as he handed the puppy over to Oliver. “I knew you wanted him, so I thought I would get him for you and yeah…”

Oliver giggled when he heard his boyfriend ramble before kissing him lightly, scratching the small pup behind his ear.

“You’re amazing, Joshua.” He murmured against his lips.

Josh blushed, smiling into the kiss. “Have you thought of a name yet?”

“I think I’m going to name his Oskar. Oskar Sykes.” He smiled.

“That has a nice ring to it.” He said, smiling as he gave his boyfriend one last kiss. “Merry Christmas, darling.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoyed it. <3