Status: This is not a Jelsa fan fiction. This is a totally different idea for a twist of the story of Jack Frost. Enjoy!

Story of My Life

Chapter One;

Eighteen year old Eowyn Wright flipped her curly blonde hair over her shoulder as she wandered through the park. Snow was falling quickly now, so she was in a hurry to get home. She was halfway across the park when a large, round, considerably heavy ball of snow hit her in the back of the head, pitching her off balance. She regained her footing and spun around, her eyes flashing dangerously at the group of kids that were staring at her with wide eyes, their snow fight put on hold. "Watch it, will you?" She snapped bitterly.

Usually she wouldn't be so mean, but she'd had a rough day at work, and it didn't help that she was freezing, even wrapped up as heavily in coats as she was. She spun away again, cursing under her breath, but she started in surprise as she ran straight into a mans hard, toned chest. "Ahh!" She squeaked in girlish surprise, jumping away from him.

Even more startled by this, the man--or boy by the looks of it--scrambled backwards, his ocean blue eyes wide in alarm. A few feet away from her now, he put a hand to his chest, feeling himself as if he wasn't sure he was real. In his other hand was a long, wooden staff.

"What the hell, man?" She gasped in surprise, trying to calm her frantically beating heart.

His head swivelled from side to side in surprise, as if not sure who she was talking to. After being sure no one was nearby, he stared at her again with wide eyes. "Whaaaa--?" He drawled in a low voice, still clutching the blue sweater at his chest.

"Sorry I ran into you." She said awkwardly, her breath at a steady rythm again, her cheeks flushing from embarrassment. "I wasn't paying attention. Dang kids threw a snowball at me." She added, motioning behind her to the group of kids that had long since went back to their game.

He was still staring at her as if she weren't real. He was unusual looking. No shoes, pants that didn't even cover all of his legs, a sweatshirt that looked like it'd been crusted over with frost, a cracked, wooden staff in his hand, and shocking, brilliantly white hair. That was unusual enough, but his next words made him seem even more abnormal than his appearance. "You can see me?!"

She glanced over her shoulder at the group of kids, and then back at him, her eyebrows furrowing together. "Yeah? Did you think I was blind?"

A dazzling white smile flitted across his features, and suddenly he was hugging her. "You can see me!" He cried, his voice sending a shiver down her spine. It was a strange feeling.

As soon as his arms wrapped around her, she felt even colder. She shivered beneath his touch, and he seemed to realize this and let her go, stepping back. "I'm so sorry, I must seem really creepy. I just-- it's been a while.. My name's Jack."

"I'm Eowyn." She said with a small smile, holding out her hand. "I like your hair."

His gaze flickered upwards before he smiled again. "Thanks. I like yours." He gingerly touched a curl. Usually if someone she'd just met did this, she'd be a bit weirded out, but he seemed so geniunly innocent.

"Aren't you freezing like that?" She asked curiously. He HAD felt cold. He must be freezing.

He glanced down at himself, as if just realizing that what he was wearing was sort of strange. "Oh, I guess I am."

She readjusted her purse strap on her shoulder, "well, wanna go get some coffee? There's a starbucks around the corner. I was thinking about stopping there, and this atleast gives me a reason to." She wasn't sure what gave her the courage to ask something like that. She'd never been specifically quiet, but it'd been a while since she'd dated, or even really talked to many guys.

He looked excited at the propesct of going somewhere with her, but then his smile faded. "Um, I don't really drink coffee." He explained, but to her it sounded as if he were just making an excuse. She instantly deflated. He seemed to notice this, and he cleared her throat. "But you're a pretty girl, and i'd love to see you again sometime. How about here? At the park?"

She glanced around her, trying to decide if that was a good idea. "Okay," she said after a moment of thoughtful silence. "When?"

"How about Thursday? At noon? I'll bring something to eat." He grinned at her, flicking his white hair out of his eyes.

"Alright. Thursday at noon. I'll see you there." She offered him a smile before brushing passed him. Her arm brushed his sleeve, and an icy cold feeling slithered down that side of her body. She simply blamed it on the cold, waving at him over her shoulder before she turned away. For some reason, she knew she wouldn't be able to forget about the boy with the white hair.