Status: This is not a Jelsa fan fiction. This is a totally different idea for a twist of the story of Jack Frost. Enjoy!

Story of My Life

Chapter Two;

Eowyn threw open the door, stomping inside to finally get out of the cold. She shut the door behind her, shivering as she took off her coat and tossed it onto the counter out of the way.

Her roommate sat up from the couch in the living room, glancing towards her. "Where have you been?!"

"Sorry i'm late. I...ran into someone." Eowyn took off her gloves, scarf, and boots, tossing them clumsily around her. Sage, her roommate and best friend, gave her a weird look. Usually she was such a neat freak, but her mind was elsewhere. "You'll never guess what happened."

"To be honest, I don't care. Did you pick up any food?"

Eowyn facepalmed, "I forgot!"

Sage groaned, stomping passed her into the kitchen, angrily throwing open the fridge. Eowyn crossed to the wall to turn up the heat. "I'll order pizza. I'm really sorry. I was gonna stop and get some coffee and then pick up Chinese or something, but I met this guy and--"

The fridge door slammed shut with unnecessary force, rattling the contents inside. "You met a boy?!"

Eowyn slumped down on the couch, reaching for the phone as she propped her feet up on the coffee table. As soon as the phone was to her ear, Sage propelled herself over the back of the couch, landing beside her. Eowyn ordered the pizza, taking her time, knowing what was waiting for her as soon as she hung up. Just like she thought, as soon as she ended the call, Sage grabbed the phone and tossed it over her shoulder. Luckily, it landed safely on the cushioned seat behind her. "Okay?! What's his name? What's he look like? Is he hot? Did he sweep you off your feet? Did he propose?"

"Okay whoa," Eowyn got to her feet, holding her hands up in a defensive position, "I barely just met him. His name is Jack, and yeah, he's kinda hot." Sage opened her mouth, but Eowyn simply held a finger to her lips. "No more questions. I'm going to take a hot shower."

Sage glared at her as she retreated to the bathroom. "This isn't over!"

"Shut up or you're paying for the pizza." Eowyn called over her shoulder.

Sage clamped a hand over her mouth.

-*-*-*-*-*-

Jack swung his staff as he ran through the streets of Kingswell, icing over the side of buildings as he went. It was unnecessary, but at this point he had nothing else to do. He reached the end of the dead end, launching himself straight up into the air. The wind tugged at his clothes, pulling him back and forth. He glanced down as he went, keeping an eye out for a place to sleep. "There!" He shouted to the wind, something others would no doubt find strange if they could see him, and dropped right out of the air, landing nimbly in a crouch. He straightened up, finding himself directly in front of the store he had been pointing to. The door was locked, but he simply iced over the handle and broke the lock. No alarm went off. It was a small city in Rhode Island, and this looked like one of those buildings that hadn't been rented out in ages. It was small, the size of a small antique store, so he simply leaned his staff against the wall and sat down. He glanced around to make sure he was alone, although he knew he was, before he reached into his pocket, pulling out a small, feathery creature. The creature fluttered into the air excitedly, flitting back and forth in front of his face. "Baby tooth." He said with a fond smile in the creatures direction as she flew off to explore the small store. Once she was sure it was empty and safe, she appeared in front of him, letting out a few high pitched squeaky notes in reply. He held out a hand, and she landed on it, folding her wings behind her, her tiny hands clasped in her lap.

He grinned at her, "in case you haven't heard, I have a date."

Baby tooth's tiny eyes widened, and she put her hands on her hips. He assumed she must've been asleep in his pocket at the time. She stared at him for a second before she shook her head briskly.

"What? I do! I'm not lying!"

She squeaked in reply, shaking her tiny, feathery head.

"She could see me, baby tooth." He laughed, shaking his head in disbelief. "She felt me. She ran right into me. I felt her." He titled his head back as he laughed again, the giddy feeling rising in his chest. "It's been so long."

Baby tooth fluttered into the air to press her tiny hands on his cheek. He shook his head again, still chuckling to himself, and she settled on his knee. "It feels really good. And i'm going to see her again." He was quiet for a long moment, a thoughtful look settling on his face. "I can't let her know who I am. It'll throw it all off. Don't you see, baby tooth? I've been given a chance."

She tilted her head as if to say, 'a chance for what?'

He answered her unspoken question, smiling softly down at her. "A chance to be human again."