Status: Recently came back to this story have 4 or 5 years. Will update when available. Redoing the story.

Try for Me.

Talk of the move.

Although the news came to a shock to us kids, we couldn't really be upset with the big grin on our father's face. I mean, our mom was very proud and they seemed really excited. Who were we to throw fits, and be all dramatic over the fact that dad got a new job; even if it meant moving.

Naturally my little sister was happy, considering she didn't even start high school yet. However, I on the other hand, am not. I was finishing my junior year and did not want to fathom the idea of having to start all over again. Not that I had any best friends that would miss me, or particularly care. I spoke to my peers mainly during passing periods, and often when we finished our assignments in class. Other than that, I kept to myself, and because of baby sitting duties that made it to where I didn't have much of a life.

Because up until now, both of our parents worked, and my mom relied on me to watch over the kids. Especially the twins. Both of them are ten years old, and a hand full. You cannot leave them alone at home, because although you would think ten is a good age to make your own sandwich, these two are incapable of doing so. I have a theory that they're just lazy, and know by doing it improperly meant not having to do it at all.

"Brad, Chad, do you have any thoughts?" Yes, our parents named the two ridiculous twin-fitting names that annoyed the hell out of me. But again, they are not my children.

"New school," Brad grinned.

"New friends," Chad added.

"We're excited," they both said in unison.

"So, this means I'll be starting high school out there?!" Finally some form of whining! I smirked, shifting my eyes from mom to my little sister. "Hopefully the guys are cuter."

"Nicole!" Our father scolded, glaring at her. "Maybe homeschooling will be best."

"Yes, another child without a social life, dad," I sarcastically agree to the idea.

"Vivian, please try to set a good example for the others," our mom quietly pled. Her eyes nervously shifting to my siblings, of whom relied on me for an appropriate way to react. I could make this go two ways, exciting or miserable.

"It will be nice," I smile, shifting my attention to the kids. "I bet it will be fun."

"Yay!" Brad squealed, and Chad jumped around. I returned my attention to mom, whom smiled with a nod at me. Our father was pleased as well, a sigh of relief.

"Guess what?" He questions, following beside me as I walked to my room.

"What?" I reply, with a smile.

"You get your own room," he grins. Now that was an awesome idea!

"Don't mess with my emotions dad," I hiss.

"Seriously, and your mom is going to stay home for now on," he assured with his famous grin. It warmed my heart, and I felt such a relief.

"Now that is awesome," I chewed the inside of my lip. Our youngest sister, Madeline, was taking her nap. She's only six years old, and not as bad as people think, well behaved with barely any sass compared to the others.

"You will have so much extra time on your hands, kiddo. You wont know what to do with yourself," he teases while stalking off towards the kitchen.

"Highly doubt that!" I snicker, going to the family computer. I sat down and logged onto my social networking profile. I had many people on there, not that we spoke in person, but it was nice seeing their updates and the amount of attention they give me.

"Oogling boys again?" Nikki teased, plopping down on the couch.

"No," I groan, logging off.

"Why don't you date?" she sighs, looking me over with a bored expression.

"Why do you care?" I retort, gritting my teeth. I softened my tone.
"Besides, someone has to watch you kids."

"So when we move, you don't have an excuse not to get a boyfriend," she laughs.

"What is with you and...oh, puberty," I snicker looking her over.
"Are your boobs finally growing too?"

"Shut up," she spat, folding her arms across her chest. "Shut up!"

"Awe, Nikki. Are you growing up?! Get your period?" I pretend to wipe a tear.

"Mom!" Nikki shrieks, at which I roll my eyes.

"Calm down," I scoff, shutting the computer off.
"It wasn't that serious."

"Whatever," Nikki spat. "And...I did."

"You did?" I quirk a brow, walking towards our room.

"You know," she glances at the floor, following me.

"Oh," my expression changed completely.
"Well, I am here if you have any questions."

"That's what mom said," she sighs, collapsing on her bed.

"Well, I mean it sucks," I chew my lip, sitting on mine. "So, I mean. I had questions."

"Okay, you can stop," she laughs, burying her face in the pillow.
"I get it, I get it. I'll ask if needed. Okay?"

"Okay," we made an agreement then got ready for bed.

"Hey, Viv?" she questions, after our parents said good night.

"Yeah?" I reply, shifting my position so I can look at her.

"Do you really think this move is a good idea?" she whispers, sadness in her voice.

"I do," I honestly reply. "Might be nice getting out of this same ol' town."

"Yeah, I guess," she whispers. Finally the jitters were getting to her.

"It's going to be fun, Nikki. Trust me," I reply, staring at the ceiling. I'm sure it'll be fine.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you guys think about this story so far? Anything you dislike? (: Let me know!