Status: Recently came back to this story have 4 or 5 years. Will update when available. Redoing the story.

Try for Me.

Texts all night.

Nikki and I decided to get in the water, stripping into our bikinis and rushed in. I felt subconscious but with my little sister, I oddly felt a lot more comfortable.

"So nice," she mutters, the water going up to our knees.

"You're telling me," I kick around a little.

"So, does Aiden like think he owns you or something?" She asks.

"Is it that obvious?" I groan.
"He's determined to make my life hell."

"I'm sorry," she apologizes.

"Not your fault, dad is the one making me get a dorm," I growl.

"If it weren't for Aiden you would so want that dorm, though," she pointed out.

"I never looked at it that way," I admit. Strangely enough that made me smile, because it was true. Who was Aiden to make it miserable for me? I smile at Nikki again, I am proud of her. She's fourteen now, and has amazing advice. "Thanks sis."

"No problem," she smiled. We put our clothes back on, and headed home. That guy and I were texting all night, after he sent me one saying that he heard our conversation and it was cute. However, I was embarrassed about it. I also learned his name was Jace. I slipped a hoodie on and laid on my stomach, continuing to talk to him.

That amazing feeling of talking to a guy for the first time, and getting to know each other, kept butterflies in my stomach. It was an action that everyone enjoyed, and that was the reason people get into a relationship. Then there is those rare cases when people break up, because the other gets bored because it isn't so exciting anymore. I wasn't sure if I would be that type of person, I mean was it the chase that I enjoyed? I've never been in a relationship, and something about Jace made me want to talk to him more.

"Great," I whisper after noticing the time. I didn't want to seem like a loser, but I do cherish my sleep. However talking to Jace made me not care about the schedule that I so willingly put my body on, and I knew that if I didn't get to bed now, I would be miserable tomorrow. However, even when I got into bed, and rolled over, I still had my phone in hand.

No, you tell me first.

I was flirting through text, something I didn't think was possible because words that are typed are easily misconstrued, and how would someone truly know the emotion behind them without words being spoken? Sure poetry spoke a lot, but to me that was different than a text or letter.

Fine, I enjoy poetry as well. I was considering publishing a book solely based on poems of different kinds.

I chewed my lip as I read his simple text back. It was nice finding a fellow poet, for nowadays people enjoyed the social websites, and writing stories verses the subtle poetry. If they did enjoy poetry it was only when it is popular and convenient to get attention from others. However, that was just my opinion.

Same here. Even if it is used for someone taking a shit. At least it'll be read.

Did I really just type that? I grimaced at my text, rereading it and realizing that I probably seem so dumb now. His response was taking forever and I felt my face burn with anticipation. Would he have been cool with that? Or see me as a complete idiot?! This texting was not a good idea. After five minutes, I couldn't take it anymore.

Well, I need to go to bed now. Night.

I finally sent him, fear riddling my body. Would he reply? I tightly closed my eyes, and let out a deep sigh. I am such a loser. It wasn't until my phone vibrated and I read his text that I felt a weird mixture of relief and embarrassed.

Sorry, had to take the dog out. Awe, you're going to bed? It's only nine.

I forget that texting didn't mean you have a set time limit. The good part about it is, you can reply whenever you want.

I'm an old lady now, Jace. And that's adorable. Good night.

I chewed my lip at my response, but deemed it appropriate. I was feeling like an old woman, I was going to be a senior and it felt like my childhood robbed me.

Old woman huh? Fine, okay. I'll quit keeping you up. Night, V. You should go to lunch with me tomorrow. I can pick you up. If you want? Let me know. Sweet dreams.

That was the longest text I have received from him all night. The rest were mainly to the point and a sentence or two if I was lucky. I decided to play a little "hard to get" and not reply to his invitation. Though part of me questioned if it was the right idea. What if he regrets asking because I didn't reply? I hate my overthinking. I rolled over, closed my eyes and imagined going out with Jace before passing out.