Status: Recently came back to this story have 4 or 5 years. Will update when available. Redoing the story.

Try for Me.

Summer Fling.

It was official, the ever so cliché teenage love had finally hit me. I put off the romantic, "I'm so in love", events as long as I could, and if it weren't for Jace; I would've lasted a lot longer. However, we were inseparable, and a few people didn't like it. Surprisingly my mom hated it, and not so surprisingly so did Aiden. But Aiden hated it because he was out of the loop, and obviously wanted to be with me, nosy about who this "mystery man" is.

"So, is he your boyfriend?" Nikki teased, as she laid on my bed flipping through magazines.

"I guess," I shrug. A gasp was heard, and I slowly turned to her.
"What?"

"You guess? You've been seeing him all summer, and you don't even know your guys' status?" she was dramatic and in shock. However, I couldn't exactly blame her. I suppose that would have been my initial reaction as well if the situation were reversed.

"I guess just being with him is enough for me," I explain.

"But that means he can do whatever he wants," she sighs.

"Not really," I laugh at the idea. Jace knows I would murder him.

"Yes, really," she corrects. "Without any form of acknowledgment to your relationship, Jace could see other girls because he technically doesn't have any restrictions, because he isn't yours."

"He is mine," I snarl, starting to get upset now.

"Sorry, sis. But in the rules of relationships, until you say the boyfriend-girlfriend code, he can do what he wants." With that, she left the room. I sat there pondering what she told me. Was that true? Most of all, why does my little sister know this and I don't? I growl as I got dressed, and sent Jace a text.

...

Nikki's words ate at my mind the whole time I was with Jace. It was noticeable as well, as Jace kept glancing at me with worried eyes.

"Everything okay?" He asks, his eyes shifting back to the TV.

"Yeah," I whisper. But was it?

"Okay," he repeats. I notice him chewing his lip, the most common habit due to being nervous.

"It's nothing," I assure, cuddling up to him.
"Um."

"Yeah?" he gulps.

"We have been seeing each other for like two months now," I start off. A lump formed in my throat, my hands became sweaty, and I felt faint. I couldn't collect my thoughts as I tried to form sentences in my head before speaking them aloud in fear of sounding desperate, or frankly immature.

"Are you okay?" He furrowed his brows. "Are you pregnant?"

"What? ugh," I stammer, taken back by his question.
"No. Not that I know of, at least."

"Well you've had your period last month, I remember that," he drifted off with wide eyes.

"Jace!" I scold, shaking my head.
"No it's not that at all!"

"Then can you get to the point?" He quirked a brow. I let out a deep breath.

"My little sister asked me what we were," I whisper, my voice barely audible.

"Ah, nosy little things," he snickers, however he didn't answer the question.
"Don't take her to heart. She's barely hitting puberty, and starting high school."

"Yeah," I mutter. Answer the question Jace.

"And high school girls, they're just immature, and such," he laughs. Wait. I am a high school girl. I laugh at his stupid dig at me, and shook my head.

"Jace," I whine.

"What?" He tilted his head to the side as he glanced at me. That enough scared me into not asking the question, in fear of what his answer might be. I would rather have him in my life, than scare him away with talk of being committed.

"Nothing," I shake my head and stood.
"I'll be back."

"Okay," he nods. I went to the bathroom and sat on the toilet, reaching for my phone. I was saddened that it wasn't in here with me, and let out a sigh. Great. This was going to be a boring potty break. "Vivian?!"

"Yeah?!" I holler back, quickly finishing and returned back to Jace.

"Why is this guy calling?" He turns the phone up, his eyes narrowed.
"Aiden, as in Aiden Harvey?"

"Don't get me started," I growled, snatching the phone and clicked 'ignore'.

"Well..." Jace cleared his throat. "Who is he? Aside from some senior."

"You know Aiden?" I furrow my brows.

"Unfortunately, now answer my question," he demands. Testy, testy.

"My dad's boss' son," I explain. "A pain in my ass too. Thinking he owns me and shit. Tried showing me off to all his friends, and get me to go to their stupid high school party. So annoying."

"Want me to handle him?" he offers.

"No, he's just upset because he doesn't know who my boyfriend is," I laugh with a shake of my head. I tense a little after realizing what I said, and avoided eye contact with Jace.

"Oh, and who is your boyfriend?" He snickers. Great.

"Isn't it obvious?" I try to be smooth, but it wasn't very slick. He just laughed, and called me 'cute'. Wasn't he the one who talked about being in a relationship in the first place to take my virginity? What did he lie to me or something? I felt myself grow angry with him at that very moment, irrational thinking lead me to grabbing my stuff, and slip my shoes on.

"What are you doing?" He asks, looking me over.

"Leaving," I answer as if it were obvious.

"Vivi," he whispers. "Come on, at least let me take you home."

"Ouch," I fought back the tears. "No, Jace. Just no."

"What's wrong with you?" he stood, getting in my way.

"Move," I demand.

"Answer me," he barks.

"No," I reject, pushing against his chest. "Seriously, move."

"No," he mimics.

"Jace stop!" I cry out, and all the holding back was done.

"Why are you crying?" he placed his hand under my chin.

"Because," I swat him away. "You, you are such a liar."

"How am I a liar?" He furrowed his brows, his lips forming in a tight straight line.

"Oh I want to be in a relationship to take your virginity, gah, I'm so dumb!" I scream, and with a good hard shove, he tripped to the side. I took advantage of that and slipped outside, running.

"Vivian!" He screams, following me. But I was too good at playing hide and seek, so I hid. Once he realized he was not going to catch up, nor find me, that's when he blew up my phone. However the damage was done. All he had to do was tell me I was his girlfriend, and vice versa. He could have fixed it, but I was not one to force myself on anyone. He got a good time, probably a summer fling, and good for him.

"Good for him." I repeat, tears streaming down my face. I was surprised that my make up didn't run, mainly because I also didn't wipe my eyes as I cried, I just let the salty tears fall. Once I felt up to it, I went home, snuck in my room, and crawled in bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you guys so much for the comments! It means a lot to me, and makes me want to update more for you! Thank you. (: