Status: Recently came back to this story have 4 or 5 years. Will update when available. Redoing the story.

Try for Me.

The truth.

My classes wouldn't start until tomorrow, so I took this as an opportunity to venture around and find where the showers are. I need to see what I am in for. As I walked around, I heard people conversing with another. I finally found the showers, and went inside. They weren't as bad as that guy made them out to be. They had doors for them, a hook, and a little shelf for your stuff. Nothing like I was imaging, at least they were privately sectioned off.

"You must be Vivian," a girl randomly observed as she leaned against the wall.

"What makes you say that?" I reply, glancing around for anyone else.

"Aiden showed me a picture," she pushed herself off the wall.
"I hope there's nothing going on between you two?"

"He wishes," I snort. The girl stiffened, while narrowing her eyes.

"He doesn't, actually. He wanted me to make sure you knew that you guys were just friends," her voice was uncertain but determined.

"That's why-never mind, don't worry about it," I wink. I didn't feel like arguing with some girl who never introduced herself, who thinks I want Aiden.

"I am serious, Vivian. He has a girlfriend," she spat.

"Let me guess, it's you?" I retort. The girl shrugs.

"Regardless," she smiles.

"You deserve better than him, let me tell you that much. However, it's not me you have to worry about," I assure with a wave before leaving. I didn't want to stand there any long discussing her dysfunctional relationship with Aiden, whom cant stop calling me. Besides the girl never introduced herself and I didn't want to deal with that type of person.

"Hey, Vivian!" Noelle hollered as she saw me walk by.

"Hi, thought you were going to the showers?" I question, she giggled. I shifted my eyes to Seth.

"I was until I ran into Seth," she smiled. "Seth this is Vivian."

"Aiden's girl," Seth laughs.

"Not even," I roll my eyes, pushing him.

"I see you two have met?" she rose her brows at him with a playful smile.

"Aiden was showing her off on their tour, a few months back," Seth explains.

"I don't know why you're friends with him," Noelle wrapped her arms across her chest.

"Me neither," he answers with a chuckle.

"He sent some chick to talk to me," I abruptly brought up. Maybe Seth might know about her.

"No, he didn't," he laughs. "He has a few girls that think he's theirs."

"Great," I smack my lips together. "Awesome."

"Drama you wont be able to avoid if he wants you," he continued. "Especially since he has your picture in his phone, let me tell you that just pisses them off more. I think he enjoys it."

"Where did he get my picture? Which one?" I narrow my eyes.

"Not sure, probably your social media or when you were at the lake?" He suggests. I hate social media sometimes, and if he took the picture himself that is creepy, but whatever.

"He can have it, I don't care, those girls are dumb," I snarl. Noelle giggles and wrapped her arms around Seth.

"This is why I am glad he is not interested in me," she giggled.

"Me too," he laughs, kissing her. Well that was an interesting turn of events, I thought to myself.

"You guys are adorable," I compliment. "Now if you don't mind."

"Where are you going?" Noelle questions, looking at me confused.

"Not sure," I shrug. "Just going to snoop around."

"Have fun," Seth winks. I nod and start walking off.

Once it was getting dark outside, I went back to my building. I stood in the elevator when the door opened and familiar red hair came inside. I froze for a moment, closing my eyes as if that would help.

"Vivi?" Great. I peek an eye open and weakly smile.
"Did you seriously ignore me the past week just to stalk me here?"

"Stalk you here?" I laugh. "No, not even close."

"Then what are you doing here?" he looked me over, completely confused written all over his face.

"I go here," I answer. His facial expression dropped, and his eyes widened.

"You lie," he shook his head. "You lied to me? And had the audacity to get mad about me supposedly lying to you?!"

"How did I lie to you?!" I scream back.

"You weren't some high school student, I thought you were in college!" He growls.

"Me, in college? I never once said that!" I snarl.

"You mentioned dor-" he paused. "Damn it."

"Don't you go here?" I quirk a brow.

"I am a counselor here, Vivian. I am of authority here, I am someone you go to for advice, as well as making sure you girls are not up to trouble. God, this is bad," he complains.

"Well, you could've mentioned that before," I narrow my eyes. "How old are you?"

"Twenty," he answers.

"You pedophile," I tease. But he didn't find it very amusing.

"Vivian, stop," he demands. "This isn't funny."

"I was kidding, Jace," I whisper.

"I know you are mad at me, but please do not back stab me here," he pleas.

"Why would I do that?" I furrow my brows. "I am just hurt that you used me."

"I didn't use you, I just didn't know how to..." he pauses. "I am used to be used."

"Yeah," I roll my eyes. "Okay."

"No really," he sighs. "My ex used me. Cheated. Left once she was comfortable enough to move in with the man she really loved."

"Oh, Jace," I whisper.

"I've always thought I wasn't good enough," he mutters. "So, you're right. I was afraid to be committed, or even really establish the title. Because as long as you don't expect the good, you cant be disappointed."

"Jace," I repeat. I try to hug him but he took a step back.

"No," he shook his head. "I cannot be with you, Vivian. You are a student."

"Wow," I cringe. "Thanks." The elevator opened and I shoved past him. Great.