Status: Recently came back to this story have 4 or 5 years. Will update when available. Redoing the story.

Try for Me.

Creative writing with Mr. Higby.

My bag is packed, hair done, eyeliner applied, and over sized sweater comforting me with every step I took.

"Are you ready?" Noelle grinned, she opened the door to grab our mail.
"Here is our schedules."

"Yay," I say with fake enthusiasm as I looked at mine.
"Modeling? Seriously."

"Ha, that's so funny, you didn't sign up for that?" she asks, smiling at me.

"No," I cringe.

"The school is known for signing you up for what they think will help you succeed, the students here come from wealth, whether it's because of their family or them personally. They're so stereotypical here," she shook her head with a smile. "However we have it together."

"They did it to you too?" I quirk a brow, and she giggles.

"No, I model," she smiles. I was slightly shocked, not because she wouldn't make a good model, but because she was so down to earth. I always pictured models as being snarky, and rude.

"Oh," I mouth with a grin. "Well, at least I will have you then."

"See you for modeling, chow!" she waves me off as she hurried down the stairs. I waited for the elevator, not having nearly as much energy as she does this morning, and cursed her for it.

"Good morning," Jace awkwardly greets when the door opens.

"I'll wait for the next one," I mutter and he rolled his eyes.

"You must be Vivian," a girl greets with black hair.

"Hi?" I furrow my brows, must be another Aiden lover.

"I'm Rosalyn," she greets. "Call me Ro. All the Aiden stalkers talk about you."

"And that's how you know my name?" I furrow my brows, and she giggles.

"They stalked you this morning. They've been talking about your big sweater all morning, like it's the thing to do," she rolls her eyes to Jace's direction. "Are we bothering you, counselor?"

"No," he grunts.

"Good," she turned back to me.
"He keeps rolling his eyes."

"Awesome," I sneer.

"Aiden is like obsessed with you, also. I swear. So, with that, good luck then," she laughs. I let out a deep breath as she glanced at her schedule. "Mister Higby, again."

"You have creative writing also?" I bit my bottom lip.

"Yeah, I love typing up stories and poems," she explains with a grin. "A passion of mine."

"Well, I guess we are going in the same place, cause I have that class too," I say with a bit of excitement. Rosalyn is really cool and down to earth, a nice break from Noelle.

"Well then let's do this love," she winks once the elevator door opened, linked arms with me and we were off, leaving Jace behind.

...

"Another year, another full class, until you guys try to drop out of it. I am not the nice creative writing teacher, she is the door next to us. No you do have your schedule correct, the school damned you, of which you'll have to cope. My name is Mister Higby, and I will make sure to perfect your petty amateur ways before you leave this school into the real world. Now, the subject is on the board, write only on one side of your paper. Once you are done, get the hell out of my classroom." He was minister, yet calming. The type of teacher most would complain and hate to be around, but I oddly found myself drawn to him. I bet he was great at advice.

"About me," I whisper to myself. What type of cliché subject is that? I guess I expected more from this man, because of the way he carried himself and spoke to us. Either way, I sat there fiddling with my pen in hand, trying to figure out what to let him know about myself.

"At least we know who the conceited ones are," Mr. Higby laughed, his eyes scanning the room as some people flawlessly wrote about themselves without any shame. Even Rosalyn was doing her part without any real effort. His eyes land on me, and a small smirk appeared on his face. "And those that are a bit more conservative, might even say a great author in the making." I felt my face flush as my eyes shifted back to my blank paper. Little did he know it was because I am not interesting. I have my siblings, and crazy parents, yes. But, I haven't really accomplished much. Nothing worth indulging.

"That was easy," Rosalyn shrugs as we left the class.

"Yeah," I mutter. I glance down at my schedule and cringe at the modeling.

"Modeling? You didn't strike me as the type," she snorts.

"I'm not," I sigh. "I am not looking forward to this at all."

"I don't blame you, they're stuck up, and hopefully you don't mind showing off your body," she snorts. "They tried putting me in that shit last year, I laughed at them. The guys sign up just to see girls half naked, so good luck."

"Thank you," I roll my eyes and let out a deep breath.
"See you around."

"Bye," she waves and walked off. I sharply exhale again, and continued to my next class of hell.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been taking so long to update. Almost a month, my goodness. I'll be shocked if anyone even cares about this story anymore. Anyway, thanks for reading!