Status: Recently came back to this story have 4 or 5 years. Will update when available. Redoing the story.

Try for Me.

Private conversations and moving in.

The last day of school was interesting. I had so many people give me cards, and even printed pictures of themselves for me to keep. Some said keep in touch via phone, and the most popular way via internet. However, I was going to be one of the students that left and no one really cared about; like Michael something, something. Who you ask? Exactly.

"Vivian, are you finished?" My mom questioned, as dad stayed in the car. Awkwardly enough though, I was standing in the room I once shared with Nicole, in the house we once called home that now has a "sold" sign on it.

"Yeah," I wiped my face quickly. I felt more saddened and weird than I did when half of my guy friends tried to kiss me on our last day, because it might be the 'last time'. Now that was awkward, and unfortunately this moment topped that.

"Are you going to be okay?" she sighs, placing her hand on my shoulder.

"We've lived in this house for how long?" I ask, slightly sniffling as I reminisced on old memories.

"Too long," she smiles, turning me to face her.
"We'll make better memories at the next one."

"Okay," I embrace her in a hug, and together we joined the others.

"On the road," our dad sang, making up lyrics about our adventure on the way.

"So, Harvey is going to be there?" My mom questioned, she didn't sound very pleased at the idea.

"Of course he is, he's the one who found the house for us," dad answers.

"Nothing good comes of that," she mutters, trying to stay quiet. I felt her glances as she continued to check and make sure us kids were asleep. However, I wasn't. I just pretended to be so I can eaves drop on their private conversations that they always have once we're 'sleeping'.

"This job did," he corrects.

"I don't know, Dave," she sounded very worried.

"Now, darling. They're not that bad," he continued to defend his best friend.

"Their son though," she cringes.

"He's probably going to hit on V, I know," dad was openly discussing boys and I. Now that was awkward. "I'll do my best to intervene, but they're not kids anymore."

"They're not adults neither," mom snarled. "I will not have that perv after her."

"Lucy, please," he begged. "Stop being negative."

"Okay, okay," she sighs, smiling. "I am excited about not having to work anymore."

"I am sure the kids are too," his voice was so lovingly. They both were happy, despite the simple disagreements they had. If the only negatives was the damn son of...wait, Harvey's son? My eyes shot open, and I immediately closed them forgetting I was supposed to be asleep. I can handle Harvey's son. I mentally assure myself with a subconscious nod.

"I know you're awake Vivian," my mom groaned.

"Hmm?" I pretend to moan in my sleep, acting as if I were engaged in a deep slumber.

"Vivian, come on," dad sternly spoke.

"What?" I hiss. "Are we there yet?"

"Almost," he answers. "I think you'll like the high school."

"Is it a private one?" I muse, finding this whole change to be hilarious.

"Sort of," he shrugs with a smile. I furrow my brows, but shake my head anyway.

"Okay," just let it be a surprise, I tell myself as I stare out the window. Neighborhoods passed us by, and soon we were parked in front of a house with a sold sign. I wondered how long they knew about the move, and why they barely told us a month ago. Houses are not sold and bought that quickly.

"Nice," Nikki breaths out, as she wiped her eyes and gawked at the place.

"Isn't it?" Mom smiles, her eyes gleaming. Well apparently she is in love with the home, I chuckle to myself. I quickly rushed inside and up the stairs, finding the only 'kid' room aka non-master that has a small balcony.

"Why does she get the cool room?!" Nikki screamed, stomping her foot.

"Because she's the oldest," dad answers as if it would be obvious, at which Nikki quickly quit her fit.

"Exactly," I smirk, placing my bag down. The bed was already placed in here, along with boxes and furniture. I was shocked that I had a huge bean bag chair added, along with a small desk and a laptop. "Mom, dad! No way!" I squeal, rushing to them with a huge hug.

"That is compliments of Harvey and his family," dad winked with a smirk.

"That is awesome!" I chewed my lip, going back to the room. Wonder why they got me a laptop? I stared at the deep purple walls, white crown molding, and blood red bed set. The room was gorgeous and I found myself falling in love. I went on the balcony and sat on the little one seating hammock out there. Guess this wouldn't be too bad.
♠ ♠ ♠
La, la, la.