Status: Recently came back to this story have 4 or 5 years. Will update when available. Redoing the story.

Try for Me.

Serious conversations.

I ran as fast as I could away from Jace's house and did not rest until I was sure he didn't follow me. I hunched over and threw up from the abrupt work out. I was exhausted and could use some water. I placed my forearms on my head, my arms being up allowed more access to oxygen. My phone vibrated, but I ignored it until my body calmed down a bit more. I was half way to the school when it continued to vibrate.

"What?" I answered, almost tripping over a rock and cursed under my breath.

"Damn, fuck you too," Aiden's voice rang through other end.

"What do you want Aiden?" I exhaled sharply.
"Can I have my fucking sweater back?"

"Where did you go?" He ignored my question.

"A jog," I measly answer.
"Now will you please return my sweater."

"Where are you at?" He asks, deeply exhaling.

"By the gas station," I mutter, looking around before going inside.

"By the school?" He specified, and I mhmm'd in response.
"Stay put."

He hung up without another word, so I took this as my time to get a cherry coke.

"Well hello," a guy behind the counter with long hair greets. His wrists lined with black rubber bracelets, and spiked belts.

"Hi," I shyly respond placing my soda on the counter.

"There you are!" Aiden yelled, making a grand entrance. I wince and weakly smiled, paying the guy.

"Here I am," I childishly repeat. He rolled his eyes then glared at the worker.

"The fuck you looking at?" Aiden spat, and grabbed my upper arm pulling me out of the gas station.

"Do you have it?" I ask, goosebumps appearing on my arm as the wind picked up.

"I like seeing your nipples though," he teased. I scoffed and folded my arms across my chest.

"Come on, Aiden," I begged. He rolled his eyes closed, and bit his lip.

"That was hot, say it again," he mused perking his brow.

"Never mind," I stalk off away from his car.

"Oh come on, here!" He threw my alien hoodie at me, and I immediately put it on.
"Don't mind any dry spots."

"What the hell does that mean?" I ask, feeling around my sweater.

"Nothing," he chuckled, getting inside his vehicle and starting it.
"Come on, let me take you back to our dorms."

"No," I spat thoroughly disgusted. Did he mean he used my sweater as a cum-rag?

"Seriously." Aiden didn't sound like he was joking as he leaned over and opened the door from inside the drivers seat. "Now."

"Fine," I gave in, but only because it was cold as hell. I took sips of my cherry coke as the drive was silent. "Thanks for the ride." I sighed. I chewed inside my lips, and kept glancing at him. "Can I ask you something?"

"You already did," he joked. I huffed, my shoulders slouching.

"Seriously," I sternly said. "Why were you such an asshole last night?"

"Drugs," he shrugged unashamed of himself. "Probably."

"Aiden," I sigh. "I don't understand you."

"Good," he smirked. "That's good."

"Enough already, it gets old!" I scream. I paused at my own words, and groaned. I bet that is what Jace felt with me. All he had to do was show he cared, that was obvious. As for Aiden, I didn't know why he enjoyed being such an asshole to me.

"This is me, V. This is how I am, and I like it," he proudly states.

"Even when no one else does?" I quirk a brow, and choked on his own laugh.

"No one else?" He repeats, laughing again. "You're the only one, V. You see how many of these stupid bitches fawn over me. It's hilarious, don't you think?"

"Not particularly," I honestly answer. He shifted in his seat, and that's when I noticed we were parked.

"Well, let me explain it to you. I am popular, people love me, and some day you will be right at my side, Viv. I promise you that," he winks. I shiver at his words and opened the door. He grabbed my arm, his grey eyes stared deeply into my Dr Pepper Whiskey colored ones. "I mean it."

"I'm sure," I jerked my arm from his grasp. "I don't like assholes."

"Then why do you keep sneaking off to see one?" He menacingly questioned before arming his car and walked away. I choked on my own spit, and felt tears in my eyes, I gulped back my composure but by then Aiden was gone. What the hell did he mean by that? Did he know about Jace? I felt panicked.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi everyone, yes I changed the main characters name. I came back to this story after 4 years and realized that Monique was a popular name in my other story, that is about 3 books worth. So, I wanted to change it up a bit with this one as I deleted the ending and edited a few things. Hope you guys enjoy, and thank you for reading.