Status: Recently came back to this story have 4 or 5 years. Will update when available. Redoing the story.

Try for Me.

Dinner.

Nikki had the one time excused from dinner ticket, that mom used to her advantage of not having to take the twins with us, and make Nikki watch them along with Madeline. I, on the other hand, was forced to go along for the ride and sit next to Aiden as our parents blabbed about their children's accomplishments. Which I didn't have many.

"So, what else are you interested in?" Harvey questions, slowly placing the spoon to his lips as he lightly sipped the soup he ordered.

"Theater," I shrug. I already listed my love for writing, and poetry. The rest was mere add ons, and bullshit in my opinion. What else did this man expect from me? It wasn't until I heard Aiden's spew that I understood.

"I am planning on taking business my senior year, as well as a course of psychology, and French Three. I finished chess class, and father allowed me to play football. So, that is my down time from creative writing advanced, and mechanics," Aiden explains, a small smirk on his face. "We aren't out of school for another week."

"You mean to tell me you guys are still in school?" I grimace at the idea.

"Yep," he nods with a smile. "Since you'll be new, you should come down and allow me to give you a tour. It wont be that bad, trust me."

"Not really interested," I decline.

"Vivian," mom hissed under her breath with disapproval. I let out a deep breath.

"I mean, that would be lovely," I answer. "Maybe Nikki can come too."

"She has to wait for her Freshmen year just like my sister, tradition," he winks. I start to chew the inside of my lips, as well as smashing my tongue against my teeth; an act I did when I was annoyed and nervous.

The rest of dinner consisted of more conversation about futures, and our mothers talking about how adorable we are sitting together. I could not believe they fed me to the wolves of these people, even more so that I was actually tuning into my dad's conversation about how he's excited to start his job. None the less, I was more than thankful that dinner was over.

"So, I'll pick you up around eight," Aiden informs as I get out of the car.

"Why?" I furrow my brows. "I mean, don't you have school?"

"Free period," he explains. "I can arrange it with the school. Don't worry about it."

"Okay, I appreciate that," I lie after receiving a look from my mom. Aiden nods, then turned his attention to the phone in his hand. I took that as my cue to leave, and thus I did. Surprisingly the kids were in bed, the house was clean, and Nikki was eating a big bowl of ice cream as well. Ah, the love of periods.

"How was it?" Nikki questions, her mouth full of chocolate ice cream.

"Kill me," I growl.

"Aiden is taking V around the school tomorrow," our mom explains.

"Kind of like a date?" Nikki perks up.

"Yes!" mom squealed, a little too excited.

"It is not a date, and we are just going so he can get goodie two shoe points at school," I retort, glaring at our mother whom acts more childish than me sometimes. "I mean really, it isn't that a big of a deal."

"Or he wants to show you off to his friends," Nikki winks, taking another bite.

"In that case, I'll wear sweat pants," I reply, going over and snagging her spoon to eat some delicious ice cream. "Problem solved."

"No you are not, I am picking your outfit then!" Our mom declares as she ran up stairs.

"Should've kept that one to myself," I mutter. I wondered what changed between her hating Aiden on the drive here, to her reuniting with his mother. Suddenly mom was all into the idea of Aiden and it pissed me off.

"At least I learned from it," Nikki giggled. I roll my eyes and hurried up stairs to see the potential damage that my mom would do. She looked over my clothes, and hummed to herself.

"Oh there's all the girly clothes I got you," she frowned at the fact they're in the back corner of my closet. "I mean really, Viv. They're cute."

"They're slutty," I comment, my nose curling in disgust.

"They're feminine," she corrects. Our mother was the type that enjoyed her youth, and the fact she has five kids did not help with the idea of her not being "old" or "hip" anymore. She wanted to be the MILF from "Stacey's mom" that famous song that annoyingly replayed over and over.

"Whatever," I sigh taking a seat on the bed. She bit her lip, as she concentrated on what should go with what. Finally she settled and laid the outfit on the bed. "I can deal with that then."

"You better," she smirks, proud of herself.

Dark blue skinny jeans, that look more of that black gray/blue than anything.
White spaghetti strap top, that of course is going to "show off" my breasts.
Turquoise scarf with a pair of white framed shades.
Black with a white zipper and strings sweater.
As for the feet, black button down styled Ugs to end it with.

"I can't wait to see you in it tomorrow!" She squealed, leaving me alone.

"Great," I curse to myself as I got ready for bed. I couldn't help but wonder if Nikki was being serious, was he indeed just trying to show me off to his friends and that's why he was doing this? Or was it a "date"? I bet his parents put him up to it. Either way, I was going to try to make the best of it... keyword: try.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmm. Hope you guys like the story, I know it's short etc... But yep. Hope you enjoy. Thanks.