Status: Recently came back to this story have 4 or 5 years. Will update when available. Redoing the story.

Try for Me.

Running into Jace's family.

Lounging was the best, and our mom was glad that us kids behaved she decided we deserved to go out for pizza. So we all got dressed, and headed out. I cuffed my alien sweater in the palm of my hands and smiled up at the cloudy sky.

"This weather sucks," Nikki quietly groaned. I chuckle and held onto my little side bag.

"I love it," I tell her as we entered the pizza place. I stop in my track causing Nikki to bump into me, there Jace was with two older adults and a girl roughly my age. I closed my eyes tightly with a sigh. I heard a little kid giggling and saw there was a two year with them.

"Hey, isn't that that guy from the lake that you-" Nikki started and I stomped on her foot.

"What?" My mom asked, absentmindedly staring at their deals.
"What was that Nikki? Who? Oh, counselor!"

"Mom, no!" I try to stop her but failed.

"You better explain later," Nikki hisses as our mom approached Jace and his family.

"Oh Counselor! What an honor seeing you again," my mom was so awkward and didn't even care.

"Ah, Vivian's mother," he replied then stiffened. He looked around until his eyes connected with mine.
"To what do I owe this visit? Are you-"

"I'm not stalking you, I swear. The kids just wanted pizza," she explains and introduced herself to Jace's family. I put my hoodie on and looked at the floor. "Vivian! Vivian come here!"

"Great," I spat going over to her with Nikki attached to my arm.

"Oh, darn, Dave. Anyways, these are my daughters, I'll be back," she excused herself and hurried off.

"Oh, are you students at the high school?" Jace's what I assume father asked.

"I am," Nikki cut in. "First year."

"Oh, nice," his dad commented.
"I don't know much about that school, to be honest."

"And you dear?" Jace's mother brought up, eying her son down.

"I'm home for the weekend, I have to go to my dorm tomorrow," I mutter.

"Oh, college, fun indeed," she taps the table more happy now. I lied to his mom, oh lord this would not be a good relationship when she finds out the truth. I chewed my lip.

"So why are you even over here?" The girl roughly my age snarls, as she holds a very rambunctious two year old. "Huh?"

"Our mom is weird," Nikki cuts in, smiling at the toddler.
"You are the cutest little thing."

"Thanks," the girl states glaring at me.
"How the hell did you and Jace meet?"

"The lake," Nikki continued to answer for me. The girl rolls her eyes in Nikki's direction.

"The lake?" Bitch repeats.

"Yeah, that's what I said right?" Nikki is so gutsy, and I love it. I bite my lip and look away, avoiding Jace's gaze.

"We should leave them to their dinner, just because mom is awkward doesn't mean we have to be," I grab Nikki's arm. "Nice to meet you all."

"Have a wonderful night dear," Jace's mom waves us off. I nod and skip with my sister to our mom.

"Please don't ever do that again!" Nikki complained so that I didn't have to.

"Do what?" Our mom was so oblivious sometimes.

"So embarrassing, mom, he works at our school!" Nikki continued and stalked off. I followed her to the drinks, and swooped our sister up.

"Stop! Stop!" Madeline screamed and laughed. I twirled her around and bit her shoulder.
"Don't eat me! Don't eat me!"

"Mwhahaha!" I laugh, as Nikki put her hand on her hip.

"Explain," she measly said since our brothers and parents are at a distance.

"He works at the school," I whisper.

"Oh wow," she breaths out.
"That's why you haven't been home."

"No," I lie.

"Terrible liar," she joked.

"Runs in our genes I swear," I groan and she nods.

"I mean, he does know you're a student right?" she continued to speak deathly silent.

"Yeah," I mouth. "Yeah."

"Fun," she laughs.

"What are you two whispering about?" Our mom asks, joining us with more drinks to fill.

"Nothing mom," we say at the same time. Nikki and I exchange a look then glance away.

"Okay then," she rolled her eyes and smiled at Jace.

"Why are you looking?" Nikki groaned, face palming.

"He is the one staring, not me!" Our mom said a bit too loud. The girl Jace is with looked over immediately and glared. Oh God he was a dad, huh? And that is his baby mom. I gulped, I am a fool.

...

We played so many games and won so many tokens that all of us kids got over sized glasses. I was stuffing my face with cheese pizza and ranch with zero shame. It was great. Nikki laughed a bit too hard and peed herself so we had to go to the bathroom.

"Hey," I bumped into Jace by accident.

"Sorry," I apologize. Nikki exchanged looks then went inside the bathroom alone.

"So, you met my family," he awkwardly stood there.

"Yeah, you umm your sister?" I was hopeful and he chuckled.

"Not exactly," he confessed, shifting his weight from one foot to the other.

"Wow," I breath out. "I thought I was going to be a lot of things but-"

"We just need to talk later," he said. I shook my head and continued.

"But home wrecker is not one I expected," I could barely swallow my own pride.
"I wish you both the best."

"Vivi," he called me by my nickname but I went to the bathroom. He slammed the women's door open and stared at me. "Seriously stop, we need to talk later, please. Please. Don't act like this."

"Have a good night, Jace," I went into the stall and locked it. The door loudly closed and I felt tears fall down my cheek. It's no wonder he is constantly avoiding me, or I don't know avoiding his feelings for me. I let out a deep sigh.

"And the plot thickens!" Nikki shrieked with laughter. Great, that poor man's future relies on my sister now. What a messy situation we are in.

...

"Did you guys enjoy family night?" Our mom asked with the biggest smile.

"Yeah we did!" Chad squealed.

"Hell yeah!" Brad added.

"Aye!" Our dad growled.

"Sorry," Brad muttered chuckling with Chad.

"It was amazing," Nikki said with Madeline asleep next to her. I nodded and stared out the window caught in my feelings now. Once we got home I was the first in my room, ready for bed. I didn't want to go to school now, I just wanted to disappear.

"Hey sis, want company?" Nikki asked, and I moved the blankets over for her.
"You must really like him, huh?"

"I don't want anything bad happening to him, Nikki. Even though I'm going to be an adult soon, he can get in a lot of trouble until then," I explain. Nikki nods.

"I know," she said.

"Do you? Because if you slip up to anyone, anyone, Nikki. Please, it isn't just me that's going to get back lash, he can do time," I urged. Nikki nods again.

"I promise," she crossed over her chest with her pointer finger. Then she stuck out her pinky and I connected mine with hers. "Pinky promise." Tears fell down as I cuddled my little sister and just cried.

"I am so sad," I cry into her chest.

"Why?" She questions.

"I'm certain that was like his girlfriend and their son," I cry more.
"I tried to be sly and ask if it was a sister, and got shut down."

"Let him explain," she suggested, her hand running through my hair.

"What?" I wipe my cheek.

"Let him explain, there has to be a logical reason if he has so much at stake why would he continue?" She questioned. That's true. I chewed my lip.

"Maybe afraid if he called it off, I would expose him?" I reply and she shrugged.

"Both are plausible, but we wont know until you ask him, huh?" She smiled at me. I bit my lip and nodded. I can't believe how beautiful and smart my little sister is. I am so proud of her. I pull my phone out and sent him a text.

If you really want to explain, I'll come over tomorrow.

I waited for his response for what felt like forever.

Come after two.

I was definitely not going to come after two, nope. I am way too much like my mother, nosy and honestly I can't just wait. I had to see for myself if she was going to be at his house, and what all happens.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope the story isn't getting boring. :)