Status: Recently came back to this story have 4 or 5 years. Will update when available. Redoing the story.

Try for Me.

Vacation.

I spent the rest of my week avoiding Jace, Noelle and Seth. I kept to my studies and I could tell it annoyed Noelle even more. Friday approached fast and I couldn't wait to have the dorm alone for the weekend.

"So, are we just not going to talk?" Noelle's voice was filled with venom. I let out a deep breath, turning my full attention to her and weakly smiled. Her freshly manicured nails dug into her hips as she glared at me. "I am so hurt that you have been avoiding me, V."

"Are you?" I quirk a brow. "I thought you wanted space."

"And why is that?" she huffs, sitting on the bean bag chair.

"You were rude as hell to me about Aiden of all people," I point out.
"I mean we were friends way before you and him became friends."

"And?" she asks. "He is my boyfriends best friend."

"So?" I snap back. "He is a fucking asshole."

"And you wonder why I'm so mad," she threw her hands in the air and stood up.
"Never mind, just enjoy your school work."

"I will!" I yell after her.
"Enjoy your boyfriend!"

"I will!" she childishly screams back, slamming our dorm door.
"Oh leave her alone, she doesn't fucking deserve you."

"Noelle," I heard the demon's voice himself call after her. The door reopened before I could get to it, I was going to lock the deadbolt but it was too late. Aiden stared at me as I stood there, short shorts and a tank top, my hair lazily tossed around in need of a trim on my layers.

"What?" I ask, he took in a deep breath and released it.

"You're a mess, V," he points out, slowly closing the door behind him.

"I didn't say you could come in," I inform.

"I didn't ask," he chuckled. I roll my eyes and stare at the wall.
"What do you want then?"

"I want to talk," he said, sitting in the spot Noelle once was.

"About?" I smack my lips together, feeling frustrated.

"Why you have avoided me all week?" He quirked a brow.
"We won the contest by the way."

"Enjoy the vacation alone," I hiss.

"It doesn't work that way," he was laughing again. I wanted to slap that smug look on his disgusting face, the way he used Rosalyn and the words he used for her was the same words he used on me.

"Fine, maybe I need to learn to communicate better," I thought aloud.
"You told Rosalyn the same thing you told me, and that bothers me."

"What did I tell Rosalyn?" He asked, his expression screams amused. I tightly close my eyes and pushed my lips together.

"About how you have to get her away from that dick, and show her she deserves better," I quoted. Not only did Jace and I end things that I was clearly not over but trying my best, just knowing Aiden was playing me the same way he played Rosalyn was the topper to my screwed up 'love life'.

"Vivian," he whispers. I intensely stared into his eyes, waiting for either the truth or bullshit to spew out and I fully anticipated the latter. "You're right, those are the same words I used for you both. I wont even try to deny that, since well you know already. I am not all that creative when I see females being abused in their relationships, I mean look at Rosalyn's relationship still; the guy is a douche."

"So?" I jerk my head around dramatically.
"What the fuck does that have to do with me?"

"You obviously care about a guy way more than he cares about you, so I was just trying to get your mind away from the mystery man," he points out. For a second I almost forgave him, but he could have just said this to me in the beginning or be the one to tell me not Rosalyn.

"Then riddle me this, why did you say the truth wouldn't benefit anyone here?" I got him this time, he actually stumbled on my words and I couldn't help my cackle. "HA! I knew it, you didn't do it from the goodness of your heart, Aiden. I think it's because you enjoyed it, it was all selfish and you don't want to admit it."

"Partly," he confesses. "I wont lie, I did it for selfish reasons. Rosalyn is amazing in bed, I mean she knows things girls our age shouldn't know yet." He chuckled, reminiscing. I snap my fingers and his eyes reconnected with mine. "As for you, I can't tell you."

"And why the hell not?" I furrow my brows.

"Because then I can't negotiate with you," he smirked. I roll my eyes again.

"Get out," I point to the door, growing tired of his games.

"Don't you want to know who got me to be all over you?" He chuckled, I shook my head.

"Actually, I don't. You've been like this since day one, I doubt there's anyone that put you up to it," I answer with a shrug. Yet again he laughed at me, as if he knew something I didn't and that alone made me curious. "Wait, you're serious?"

"Guess you'll never know," he shrugs heading for the door.

"Wait," I call, grabbing his arm.
"Okay, I'll bite."

"Go on the get away with me, and I'll tell you," he negotiated.

"When?" I chew my lip.

"This weekend, the car picks us up in three hours," he answers glancing at his phone.
"It's at the beach, so you know bring a bathing suit."

"Fine," I point a finger in his face.
"You better not be lying to me."

"I am a man of my word," he assures. I watch him leave my dorm with a sigh.

...

"Glad you actually came," Aiden perked up when he saw me with my duffel bag.

"Yeah, well I hope you aren't lying to me," I say looking around for a car.

"Oh, they literally just told me the car was late so I opted to take us," he shrugs walking to his sports car. With a sharp inhale I follow him, I place my duffel in the back seat and sat next to him in his convertible.

"So who was it?" I nervously ask, I don't do well with drama but I know whomever did this was going to get my backhand against their face. Aiden shifted his eyes to mine and I could sense a bit of pain.

"I will tell you tomorrow," he answers. I narrow my whiskey colored eyes and cursed under my breath.

"Seriously?!" I shriek, turning away from him and staring out of the window.

"I promise I will tell you," he assured placing his hand on my leg. I snarl, glaring at his hands wishing my eyes had laser vision. I shift my eyes to his and caught a small smile. "Seriously, I will."

"Fine," I slouch into the chair. "Fine."

"Let's just enjoy this vacation," he squealed.
"It's going to be fun. I love the ocean."

"Same," I reply trying to enjoy the moment. We parked at a hotel near the location we did our photo shoot. I smelt the air with a smile, turning to grab my duffel bag but Aiden already held it with his. We checked in and went to our rooms that are connected together, the door in the middle locked on my side luckily and I snickered.

"Damn, I knew I should've taken that key card," he teased. I did a weird victory dance and set up my room. It was only for tonight, tomorrow night, Sunday night and we were excused from school on Monday.

"This is nice," I say opening the slider door that over looks the ocean. I lean against the rail and smiled at the seagulls cawing at each other.

"Yeah," Aiden stood beside me and pulled something out of his jacket; it was a bottle.

"Really?" I quirk a brow, snorting.

"Really," he shrugs. "What a better way to vacation?"

"I suppose," I give in. I haven't had a drink in a while and the idea wasn't bad, I can try to relax now. He poured us both a double shot of whiskey in a root beer. "My favorite, how did you know?"

"I know everything," he winks, sipping his drink. I swoosh the hard pink straw around my cup and sipped it.

About two drinks in we decided it was a good idea to go swimming. I wore my one piece, black retro bathing suit, the breast area had skulls on it, and the stomach has big red buttons, six in total in lines of three on my abs. I prayed the water didn't undo the knot of my straps that are around my neck as we swam further into the ocean. As a wave came we dived under, and every so often Aiden would have to grab onto me to ensure I didn't get pulled under. Overall it was therapeutic and relaxing.