Status: Recently came back to this story have 4 or 5 years. Will update when available. Redoing the story.

Try for Me.

Mall trip.

Ever have that moment where your parents know they screwed up, so they try to "buy your forgiveness"? Well, after my dad already signed for the dorm, and such, that is exactly what they did. They bought me a cell phone of my choice, and mom decided to take me shopping for even more clothes for the new year. I guess I shouldn't take advantage of the moment but why not?

"So, can I dye my hair?" I ask, why not. I'm already miserable, might as well get them yelling.

"We already discussed this," mom answers, with her nose up high as we walked.

"Okay," I whisper. They obviously didn't feel that bad.

"What color would you even dye it?" she growls.

"I don't know, like red in it?" I shrug.

"You do things just to piss me off," she hissed.

"That's kids for you," dad butts in. I wondered if they were fighting today, because my mom was in a bad mood; more than usual.

"Here is some money, call me when you're done," she stuffs a wad of cash in my hand and stalks off.

"Damn it," dad cursed and followed suit. I stuff the cash in my purse, zipped it up, and watched them disappear. Well that was weird. I look around the mall, and let out a deep breath. Two stories. That is ridiculous.

"Well hello, Aiden's girl," it was Seth again.

"Stop calling me that," I grimace.

"Don't like it?" he chuckles. I just gave him a dead expression in reply.
"Okay, okay. I get it. So, what are you doing?"

"Shopping, I guess," I shrug, gesturing to a bag in my hand.

"Nice," he smirked. "You're buying a lamp right?"

"For?" I rose my brows.

"The desk in your dorm, duh. They only provide a little night light, they said it's realistic to the whole college experience, providing your own lamps and shit," he laughs.

"I didn't know that, thank you." Seth actually made me feel a lot better since he gave me useful pointers. Unlike Aiden whom was just trying to brag about the amount of authority he is going to have.

"Don't get me started on the freaking bathrooms though," he rolls his eyes.

"What about them?" I gulp.

"Well, I suggest you buy some sort of robe as well. Unless you plan on completely changing in the bathroom stall," he advised. I was still confused, bathroom stall? "They're public showers, Vivian."

"Public..." I pause. "Showers."

"Yeah, sort of like the high school ones when you're on a sports team," he laughs. "I think that's where they got the idea so it reminds us that we're still in high school and not all grown up."

"Great," I cursed. "Anything else I should know?"

"Can't think of any, but umm, I would say I'd text you if I did but you don't have a cell," he mused with a smirk. I roll my eyes and pulled my freshly new phone out.

"What's the digits?" I chewed my lip.

"Digits?" he snickered, teasing me before giving his number to me.

"Be nice," I squish my nose up and walked off.

"Well, ugh, see you around then!" He hollers, at which I just waved behind my back to him.

I decided to get a leopard print robe, along with some slippers. I bought a zebra print lamp, and lugged that around as I waited for my parents to answer my text.

"Well hello," I froze at the voice and slowly turned.

"Oh, hi, Aiden," I weakly smile, slipping the phone in my pocket.

"You have a cell phone, finally?" He took notice, shifting his eyes to mine.

"Parents felt it was best, I guess," I measly shrug. "Still learning how to use it."

"What's your number?" he asks, pulling his house.

"I don't remember," I answer, which wasn't a lie.

"Let me see," he held his hand out. Reluctantly I handed it over, and he called his phone, saving my number. "There, now you know." He laughs. Glancing over his shoulder at a group of people. "Want to hang out with my friends and I? Since you missed them last night."

"I'm with my parents, and still have a few more things to get," I politely decline, shifting my eyes to the group. The guys looked overly happy, but the girls were sending me glares.

"Shame," he shook his head, slowly moving away.

"What?" I was too curious for my own good.

"How bad your school year will be," he snickers.

"And why is that?" I frown.

"Isn't it obvious?" He chuckled before stalking off to his friends. Was that a threat?

"Great," I mutter. Seth weakly smiled at me, before turning to his phone. Suddenly my phone vibrated and I saw a text.

Maybe it's best you just suck up to him.

Was it that obvious that even Seth saw what was going on? I closed my eyes and sharply exhaled. I wasn't going to give in though, instead I continued my journey to buy a few more things before my parents told me to meet them at the car.