Status: Completed

Glory and Gore Go Hand in Hand

Chapter 2

"How did last night go?" Ian asked from across the table in a small coffee shop in Manhattan. Jack shrugged, sipping his bitter coffee.

"Surprisingly slow, actually. My pager went off once." Ian let out a low whistle.

"Once? That's really low..looks like Dad was right - humans really are losing faith."

"Yeah, thankfully. So, what's the plan for tonight?" Tonight was New Years Eve, and Jack knew Ian had a plan - he always did. Last year they went to China and celebrated the Chinese New Year. The year before that, they were in Greece. One year they went to see the ball drop in Times Square, and well, let's just say they were never making that mistake again.

"How do you feel about going to a pub in London?"

Jack smiled. "That sounds pretty fucking perfect actually."

"I thought that's what you would say," Ian said smirking. "Okay, well let's get going, dude. It's five hours ahead of us right now. Jack nodded, threw his coffee cup away and followed Ian to the back alley of the coffee shop. One of the perks of being a Demi-God? Transportation.
Forget cars, airplanes and ships. Being half immortal, they could simply teleport themselves anywhere in the world.
- - - - -
The pub was crowded, but not Times Square crowded - where you could barely move without elbowing someone in the face, or getting your toes stepped on. Jack and Ian easily grabbed a seat at the bar and ordered two scotches. Tonight, Jack actually tried for the first time in what seemed like forever. He gelled some of his dark brown and blonde hair up, and wore his skinny jeans that made his ass look amazing.

"Hoping to get laid tonight?" Ian smirked, sipping from his glass.

"Fuck yeah I am. I am half human remember, and I do have the hormones of a twenty one year old male." Ian laughed at his brother's bluntness and looked around the bar.

"Not the worst place to spend the last few hours of the year, is it?"

"No, not at all. Good call, mate," He joked in a really bad british accent. Jack looked around the pub, as well. But he wasn't observing the atmosphere. He was searching for a cute british guy to spend the night with. Almost as if Zeus, himself answered his prayers, the bar stool next to him opened up and was quickly taken by...well, the most gorgeous guy he has ever seen. He looked to be in his twenties and had red brown hair accompanied with dark eyes and stubble. The guy must have caught Jack staring because he angled his body toward Jack and crookedly smiled at him.

"What, are you just going to undress me with your eyes without buying me a drink first?" The guy
asked cockily. Jack raised his eyebrow and smiled back. Alright, two could play this game.

"So are you saying if I buy you a drink, I'll get to actually undress you?"

"Well, I believe there's only one to find out." Jack grinned and ordered another round of drinks. This was going to be a good New Years Eve.

The gorgeous stranger's name was Alex and he was twenty two. And not to mention a great kisser. After a few too many scotches, the two of them were making out rather heatedly in Alex's small flat, hands roaming all over each other. Jack had hooked up with a lot of people in the past..but things have never been as passionate and heated as they are now. But maybe that was just the scotch talking.

Jack fought for dominance and quickly won. He pushed Alex down on to his couch and straddled him, unbuckling his belt as quickly as possible. Jack disconnected his mouth from Alex's only to attach it to his neck. He gently bit it, leaving a light mark that would surely transform into a bruise. He worked his way down Alex's body, taking his shirt off and eventually his pants and boxers. However, as he was eagerly ripping Alex's boxers off, something caught his eye.

It was the arrow with the circle on either side of it on his ankle. His marking looked all too familiar.

Suddenly, Jack's pager that was still hooked to his belt loop went off.

And suddenly everything clicked. "Oh shit."
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh hi, I'm not dead. I've suddenly got a bunch of writing inspiration lately so I'm going to try and really work on this more. Im sorry c: Anyway this was really rushed...hopefully you can't tell too much. Haha. Well let me know what you think so far! Feedback helps me update :D