Status: Completed

Glory and Gore Go Hand in Hand

Chapter 3

"What...is something wrong?" Alex asked worriedly, quickly sitting up from the couch.

Jack's pulse quickened immediately after seeing Alex's marking. What are the odds of this happening - of him running into his other half? What with being so busy, hunting down humans, Jack nearly forgot he even had one. He felt disconnected from the human race and these feelings seemed..well, just too human for him. Jack's pager continued going off, being as he neglected to shut it off for the time being.

"Um..no." Jack mumbled, clearing his throat, and running his hand through his hair. "It's just..work paging me. There's an emergency." He grabbed his pager, silenced it and shoved it in his pocket. As Jack was throwing his shoes back on, Alex looked at him frowning. Jack had told him he was here to visit family and celebrate the New Year, so why would his work be paging him, all the way in London? And that's when the marking on Jack's left outer ankle caught his eye.

It was an arrow and two circles. The same as Alex's. He took in a sharp breath. "J-Jack?" Sure enough he had to have seen it on Alex, too which explains why he freaked out. But the pager had to have just been a weird coincidence right? Seriously, who even carries a pager anymore? Or maybe a lot of people did in America, he didn't know.

"I'm sorry Alex, but I have to go." Jack apologized, rushing out his door and slamming it behind him. Alex stood there in his boxers dumbfounded. What the hell had just happened? He, himself was unsure if he was more elated at the fact of finding his other half, or well, queasy. Surely, Jack should have wanted to stay and talk to him after seeing the marking.

Really, Alex should have known Jack was his other half when they met. There was something different about him right when he walked in those doors to the pub. He just couldn't take his eyes off him. So, the second the woman sitting next to him got up, Alex saw that as his window of opportunity. But now that Jack had left his small flat, it almost seemed too big. There was a twisting feeling in his gut. He had no idea where Jack went, and how the fuck he was supposed to find him. Hell, he didn't know what his last name was..only that it started with a 'B' according to the name tag on the pager.

Alex let out a sigh of complete frustrating and prayed to God that Jack would come back to his flat.

- - -

If Jack wasn't panicking before, he definitely was now. The moment he walked out of Alex's building he ran right into Ian.

"What-What are you doing here?" Jack asked shakily.

Ian let out a small laugh. "Dude, relax. My pager went off and gave me this address so I came to check it out. Why are you here? What happened to that cute guy you left with?"

Jack took a deep breath. "Oh, we...uh, he ended up throwing up in the taxi on the way to his flat. He must've had too much to drink. So that didn't exactly work out the way I planned." What was going on? He just fucking lied to his brother...who is one of the only people he is honest to. Ian smirked at Jack's faux disappointment.

"Well that sucks," He replied, checking at his phone. "Well it's only eleven thirty, so you could still find someone to hook up with, if you really want."

Jack quickly shook his head. "No, it's fine. Let's just go get a few more drinks before the New Year." Ian grinned at his younger brother and pulled him down the street towards some bars.

The moment Ian offered he find someone else to hook up with, Jack knew he was screwed. Like really, really screwed. He had absolutely no interest for anyone else, not even for a one night stand. The only person on his mind was Alex. Of course he was the only one on his mind, he was his fucking other half. And honestly, Jack was scared shitless. If his Father found out...he just might kill Jack and Alex himself.

Or worse, make Jack kill Alex. And Jack knows he can't disobey Zeus, nor would he be able to follow his command. You could say this was going to become a big problem.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm actually updating on time..I'm proud of myself! Haha. It helps that this is actually a plot I'm using for my Creative Writing class, so I have an idea of where I'm going with it. But regardless, please give me any feedback you may have, it helps a ton. Thanks!