Status: In Progress; if anyone has trouble reading the print please let me know and i will edit the layout

What Melts Ice

December 22nd

Will rummaged through the tool shed with a sigh. The place was a mess. Old gardening tools were tossed in one corner, and wooden boards of various sizes were leaning against another. Other knick knacks were scattered throughout the one roomed tool shed on the floor and on the single, rickety work table.

The day before, Will had wandered around the house and the yard outside, familiarizing himself with the area as well as taking note of what needed to be worked on and fixed. The lawn needed to be trimmed, obviously, and the house cleaned and dusted. Rotted boards on the outside of the house needed to be replaced and everything needed a fresh coat of paint to make the place look new, especially the sign in the front. From the ground Will only got a small glimpse of the roof, but he had a sinking feeling it was a mess as well.

Will stood up and took a deep breath. This was a lot of work for one man, especially when he had to work around the children and the nurses. He knew he didn’t have everything he needed. In fact, he had very little of what he needed besides the gardening tools to trim the lawn. Taking care of the lawn would take a day. After that, Will couldn’t decide what he would do next. With the lack of materials there weren’t many options.

Outside, it was beginning to snow. Will grabbed the gardening tools up in his arms and got to work immediately before there was too much snow on the ground. As he cut the grass and clipped the hedges across the yard, Will began making a mental list of the things he needed in order to get started on the rest of the house. Before bed tonight he would write down everything and give the list to the oldest nurse, whose name he found was Agatha. Will hadn’t had the luxury of getting to know the other nurses, or even the children besides Ellie, the girl who answered the door. He especially wanted to be introduced formally to the young, beautiful nurse who had been feeding the babies yesterday. He saw her once more last night ushering the children to bed, but besides that nothing.

Will wasn’t allowed to eat with the children and nurses. His breakfast and dinner had been delivered to his door. By a nurse or child he did not know. He longed to make conversation with the ladies but he feared that if he defied Agatha’s rules he would get in serious trouble by the judge and possibly sent back to jail.

Hearing a noise coming from inside the house, Will glanced up at a nearby window. Little faces peered out at the wondrous snow that fell from the gray sky. He smiled as he remembered as a child his same reaction to the white delight that appeared every winter just in time for Christmas. He wondered if the children would come outside to play. He secretly hoped so. It’s cruel to force children to stay inside.

Catching Will by surprise, the loveliest nurse appeared in the window beside the children smiling alongside them. She seemed just as eager as them to come out and enjoy the snow. Now Will was praying to God that they were allowed outside. However, Agatha appeared as well with a stern look on her face. She spoke something that Will couldn’t hear and then walked away, the children following with sad looks in their eyes.

The young nurse remained, staring out the window in longing. Feeling watched, her gaze looked down at where Will was standing, staring at her. She instantly blushed. Will looked away quickly feeling like an idiot. When he looked back she was gone. In her place was Agatha who was glaring down at him. She ripped the curtains closed so he could no longer see. Will felt dismayed.

That night, Will sat at desk in his room and began writing down his list of needed materials. He had found a small stack of paper in the desk with a still good pen. All the while he thought of her, his angel. He wanted her. He wanted at least to have the opportunity to talk to her. He would be set for a lifetime. But even more so he wanted to go to bed with her. She was too stunning to ignore. Any insane man would not be thinking about things they’d want to do to that body hiding beneath the humble dress of a nurse.

Will felt his member grow hard. He had slept with women before, but none had turned him on like this. To make his erection go down he thought of simply being polite with her and not moving too fast. Just having lovely moments together, no sex at all. When that didn’t work as he had hoped, Will returned his attention to the list before him. He couldn’t let her distract him, especially because the chance of them ever even speaking a word in the next three months was slim to none. There was no point in getting his hopes up.