Deviant

Chapter Four

The screams had died down hours ago, just before the sun had set showing the mess that had become of this village. Getting up from the tree that I had sat beside through out the horrid event, I got onto her and rode into town. Nothing could describe the feeling I had as I saw woman crying over there lost children and men being taken to the army along with there sons.

I remember when I had first came to that camp that I had trained in years ago. I was with a group of kids of all ages that was found in the woods, they had told us. We all were scared and hungry, I remember a boy a few years older then myself always standing up for me. The guards always cursed at me saying I looked to much like a boy with my short hair at that age. I don't remember what the boys name was, but one day he disappeared. Not to long after that was when I met Jeff and his family.

"There you are." Jeff said as he walked out of a cottage, wiping blood from the side of his neck. I looked at him with disbelieve.

"You didn't." I said as I turned my horse around to face him.

"Of course I did, that's what we came here to do! The army goes and takes what they need from anyone and everyone, why do you think we are the most feared." He spoke like a crazy man to my ears. What happen to the gentil jeff I knew? He would do this, he wouldn't. I shook my head and turned my horse around once again.

"Your disgusting." I spat at him and took off down the street, I couldn't belive this, I had to stop this but how?

When I thought I got far enough away from the man I had once called Jeff I found my self close to the princes tent that they must have set up somehow last night. As I got closer I could see that the guards around the area where packing it up. Alvin the oldest prince was giving orders.

I hopped down from my horse and walked over to him, no longer scared of the foot steps behind me, or the fact that I was being vary unformal.

"How could you!" I yell as I got closer to him. He turned around and smiled at me as a few warriors came to block my way.

"Let her pass." He waved them off as he came to meet me half way. "Whats the problem princess?" He asked mockingly.

"How could you destroy these villages! Taking the men and children!" I spat at his feet to show my disgust.

"Sweety you must have known this is what we do, you used to train the children we would take." he laughed and walked away leaving two guards in my path to run after him. Shock over took me, that cant be true was it? My legs gave out and I hit the ground on my hands and knees, tears weld up in my eyes. I guess I always did know, I just chose to ignore it.

"I'll see you in a few hours when we will be leaving." he said as he disappeared into the tent.

Anger belt up in me, as if! I thought. I managed to get up on my horse. I didn't know where I was going but it wasn't going to be here.

Just as I started to ride out of the village I saw a large group of scarlets attacking from my right side. All my inst inks told me to do was attack them, and I was going to until I saw what the Deviants did. They sent out children, some could barley even hold guns. I noticed that the scarlets that were on horses had nets and where catching the children rather then shooting them.

I knew that was the side I need to be on but how do I get over there and not be shot? Taking a deep breath I continued on my way out of the town, watching to make sure that i wasn't being followed. As much as I hated it I waited in the background till the winner was shown. As it looked like the Deviants fled, feeding the children out to battle as they escaped.

As I moved up closer to see what was going on a group of men with horses where coming up behind me, before I could move out of the way and hide I was cornered by the scarlets.

"Look at what we got here." One said as he pointed his gun at me from above on his horse. Another one got off and came over to stand in front of me.

"Its not normal for them to have a girl in the army." He said as he brought up his gun and hit me with it in the head. The last thing I saw was black.