Status: Paused due to Outstanding Work

A Power Game

Ever since he was a child, Mhykol Wolfe has been a failure.
His rich, high-class father abandoned him at birth, and his mother, an repulsive - but very beautiful - sleep-around, left him for dead on the doorstep of the Shield of Dependence Orphanage in December of 2018. Mhykol survived, but the bitter cold of the winter snows robbed him of two things: His ability to walk, and his humanity.
Now, Mhykol has only one desire; freedom. Dropping out of school at age fourteen, Mhykol has been living with a foster mother - Milly Welsh - and her son and daughter - Roman and Sidney Welsh. Because he was unable to walk, Mhykol never fit into any 'cliches', and without the prospect of a physical labor job, Mhykol turned to his final remaining option.

Computer Programming.

In the summer of 2030, when Mhykol was 17 years old, Virtual Reality was created. The creators - Presence of Creation Corp. - marketed the product called the Netgear, an affordable mask-like transponder. Using this device, the wearer is able to enter a game known as Euphoria.

It was Mhykol's ultimate dream. His euphoria. Inside the Netgear, he can walk, he can fight, he can live like he's never lived before. The bad part? Virtual Reality only goes so far, and your life is the only one you can live in. What does that mean?

There's no respawn.

If you die in the Netgear, you die in real life. And when Mhykol tries to log out of the game, he discovers its ultimate dark secret, it's a one-way ticket. Once you're in, you're in. And the only way out, is through.