Animals

Chapter 1

Chapter 1

“Why is she always late?” I mumbled, agitated. My friend Jeanette Sednas and her boyfriend, Josh Martins were late again.
“I think we should just leave without them and have them miss out.” My best friend Sawyer Quinton said. I give him a cold glare. He moves backs, “I’m just kidding, relax Alexie.” He smiles my favorite smile. He knows I hate people calling me by my real name. I look away blushing uncontrollably; Sawyer is such an attractive guy. With long dark brown hair with fading black dye. His hair texture is usually curly but lately he has been straightening it. Light hazel eyes that look even lighter when the sun hits them.
“Joking or not, I think Sawyer is right. We should just leave. Jeanette and Josh are always late.” Paulette, her twin grumpily replied. She was sitting next to Sawyer, playing with her long dark brown hair. I rolled my eyes for two reasons; one she wouldn't last two seconds without complaining and two she’s my best friend. Usually I don’t have a problem with it but for odd reasons Paulette liking Sawyer, MY Sawyer irritates me. It might be because Paulette is considering the most beautiful out of the twins. Sure, both twins have unusually long dark brown hair, brown eyes and both secretly wears invisible retainer. But there’s something about Paulette that makes her so different to get men. However one clue that everyone knows to tell the difference between the two is Paulette is a complainer and Jeanette is always never on time.
I looked up and sitting across from me was Adri Gale but his real name is Adrian. He doesn't say much, and whenever he does speak, it’s a quiet mumble. I personally have only spoken to him on important occasions like projects or if someone in the group is absent or not. In high school, a lot of girls think he’s considered hot, but I didn't think he was…at first that is. Beautiful bright green eyes and nicely highlighted red hair, which surprisingly are now fading into his original brown. He actually wears glasses but our sophomore year in high school, he decided to wear contacts. He hasn't worn his glasses since then but he has them on top of his head in case he loses a contact.
I look around my closest friends and come to realize that I’m the only one that’s kind of average. Everyone is really handsome or gorgeous but I don’t see it in me. Sure, I’m part Romani (better term for gypsy) with African American and Puerto Rican blood with a small hint of Italian. My hair is full, thick, and wavy with the colors of red, brown and black and a hint of blue. (Note that, this is Alexie’s actual hair color. It can happen who knows.). Light brown eyes that look like I have dark hazel eyes instead. And honey brown skin.
I come back to reality and was startled. Adri was staring at me; Adrian Gale is staring at me. He smiled shyly; I only come up with the only solution. I smiled back but I've kind of think it came out as a pedophile smile because he looked away quickly. I too looked away, blushing with embarrassment and sadness.
I heard heavy footsteps running towards us. Shifting my eyes and I come across Jeanette and Josh sprinting. “Finally, they’re here!” I screeched. Everyone except for Adri stood up, I laughed at the couple as they came up to the building we were meeting at gasping for air. “Sorry for being late,” Jeanette gasps as Josh fixes his long dark red hair out of his face.
I rolled my eyes, “Don’t even apologize, you know you’re always late and you can’t change that in your personality except your boyfriend’s.”
“Whatever Lexi, fuck you!” Josh said, but smiled jokingly.
“I love you darling,” I replied with a horrible British accent. “Can we go now? We’re behind schedule as it is because of you two.” I heard everyone around me agreed quietly. “Alright well everyone get your asses my car. You know the rules!”
“Me and Josh are sitting in the back of that rectangular car of yours.” My car was a 2011 Flex, my friends make fun of me for that but I didn't care at least I had the most room in a car than most of my friends. Why else am I taking them this party?
“I wanna sit next to Sawyer in the next row.” Paulette said. Sawyer looked at me with an are you serious look.
“Bu-bu-but I wanna sit up front with Lexi, I always sit next to her.” He stuttered a little.
Paulette stomped her foot in annoyance. “But I want to sit next to you.” She whined. I rolled my eyes, for an 18 year-old and a freshman in college she can still act like a 5 year-old at times.
“Come on Sawyer, it can’t kill you for one ride. It’s only an hour’s drive.” I smiled at him with an evil look on my face, “besides I won’t be alone I have Adri sitting next to me. Right?”
Sawyer just stared at me and then stared at Adri, giving him kind of a weird look. “Fine,” he grumbled. He got into the car with a huff. Paulette followed and closed the door behind her. She had a smirk on her face as she did. I felt myself make a fist and inhaled my breath. I turned around and opened the driver’s side. I sat behind the wheel and put my seat belt on.
“Alright! Booze here we come!” I screamed, putting the car on drive and started speeding away. Everyone started to chant booze, when I left the campus. I took a sneak peak at Adri, who looked back and had small smile on his face. I smiled back; this night is going to be fantastic.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey people! I've decided to redo Animals, I just stopped doing it the last time I updated and now I've decided to update the story, change some names and added some stuff in there. Hope you enjoy it! until next chapter!