Animals

Chapter 3

Chapter 3
Jeanette’s POV

“No!” That’s all I heard, I felt my whole body tremble. I lunged towards Lexi’s feet; I knew I wasn’t going to make it. Adri pushed me out the way and managed to grab her left foot just in the nick of time. I immediately rushed behind him and wrapped around his waist. I pulled as he pulled. Adri reached for her other foot, however his footing started to slip and he stayed with her one foot. I turned around, to look for Josh and Sawyer. Sawyer has collided onto the ground, speechless.
“Sawyer snap out of it! Help us please!” I yelled, I felt my feet sliding. Adri was groaning, still holding onto Lexi’s foot. Paulette and Lexi were crying hysterically, I know Lexi was still hanging to my sister as tight as she can.
“Josh! Josh where are you?!? Help us!!” I was frantic; Josh was just pacing around, repeating to himself, this can’t be happening. He was pulling his red hair. I lost it.
“JOSH FUCKIN’ MARTINS! HELP ME!” He stopped from what he was doing, and seemed to remembered what was happening whether he liked it or not. He swiftly moved behind me, I felt his hands shake like crazy.
Paulette was still crying, I keep thinking in my head, over and over, Lexi finally letting go and hearing her scream. I tried to shake it out of my mind but it won’t just let go. My tears streamed down my face. If we don’t safe those two soon, they will die and I’ll never see Paulette again.

Josh’s POV

“Shit. Shit. Shit.” I panicked, “What are we going to do?!? What are we going to do?!?” I held onto my girlfriend’s waist as tight as I could. I planted my feet to the ground. It wasn’t much help; I began to slide as soon as I began to pull.
“What can we do?” I heard Jeanette say. Her beautiful brown eyes were red from crying. I know she’s terrified to let go.
“AHH! HURRY GUYS! SOMETHING GRABBED MY LEG!” Paulette’s voice echoed through the hole.
“Guys! Pull now, we have no time to sit here!” Adri shouted. His voice was in command mood. I didn’t hesitate this time and pulled. That pull seemed to make things worse. “Shit!”
The next thing I knew, Adri was on his stomach being dragged. He was more than half way down the hole. Jeanette was next. She was leaning over, her head sticking in the hole.
“SAWYER! WHERE’S SAWYER! I DON’T HEAR HIM!” Alexie was further down the hole along with holding Paulette. “SAWYER! PLEASE I’M TERRIFIED!” Alexie was screaming her head off. I turned around to catch just a glimpse of Sawyer still sitting there, eyes just dull and gone.
“Fuck!” I felt Jeanette slipped out of my supposed to be tight grip. I just heard her screeching my name. I pulled on her blue blouse, but my footing wasn’t set. Everyone’s screams was making me deaf as I slid down, closer and closer to our deaths. I again lost my grip for Jeanette and I quickly restored it by pulling on her leg. By then, I was about half way in and not slowing down. This is it, I thought, I’m going to die at 18 years-old. I’m not going to hold Jeanette in my arms.
I’m about 90 percent in. Good-bye World, it was nice living in it. I began to scream as I felt part of my jeans being pulled. Turning my head as much as I could, I saw Sawyer hanging on. I could only smile just for a second because of two things. One; his eyes were still dull and gone. Two; he slid straight in after he grabbed me.
“NO!” I shouted as we all fell, into a deep dark death.
♠ ♠ ♠
I finished Chapter 3 finished around the same time I finished Chapter 2! I'm working on the 4th chapter as you read this! See you guys soon!