A Different Beat

margo gale

“If you keep chewing your nails like that, you won’t have any left.” Zachary chuckled, pulling Margo out of her nervous fit. She chuckled nervously, folding her arms and rocking back and forth on her heels as the handsome brunette just continued to watch her. “Why are you so nervous? You killed it.” Margo simply shook her head.

“Ashton told me the screaming wouldn’t work and I didn’t listen and it sounded awful and-”

“Margo.” She looked up to see Zoey smiling at her. “You’re fine. Ash isn’t going to send you home.”

“If he’s sending anyone home it’s probably Amy.” Zachary winced. “Poor girl forgot the words to her own damn song.”

“Probably because she was too busy trying to get Katie’s claws out of you.” Damien laughed, walking up to them. Zachary turned a bright shade of red as he cleared his through, running a hand through his hair.

“Hey, she came on to me. Both times.”

“You probably thought she was Amy, they look exactly the same.” Margo giggled quietly. Zachary rolled his eyes, folding his arms defensively. “You do know that’s going to be on the telly, right?”

“They can’t show us in the nuddy.” He said quickly, looking between the three of them. “Right?”

“You read your contract right? They can show anything they want. Why do you think they have us all sleep in the same room? The love this drama, especially to stunning sheilas fighting over a root rat who’s doing the naughty with both of them.” Zoey, Damien and Margo all started laughing until Amy walked over and a hush fell over Team Ashton. She refused to look at Zachary, folding her arms in front of her chest.

“What’s so funny?” She asked. They all knew she was the one who was going home, and Margo couldn’t help but walk over and grip the small blonde tightly. Amy hugged her back as the rest of the team joined in, even Zachary holding her close.

“They’re ready for you.” A techie said, breaking them up. Zoey took Amy’s hand in one of hers, Margo mimicking her on the other side as the five of them walked out onto the stage. Ashton was sitting in his chair, a pained look on his face when he saw his group. Damien put an arm around Margo, Zachary doing the same for Zoey, as they waited patiently.

“I want you all to know this wasn’t easy.” Ashton said, sitting forward and nervously playing with his hands. “There were places you all could have improved, and technically, any one of you could be sent home.” Margo shivered violently at that, and Damien tightened his grip on her, trying to tell her it was alright. She saw something flash in Ashton’s beautiful hazel eyes at the exchange, but it was gone before she could completely figure out what it was.

“Zachary, you need to work on singing, rather than gyrating your way through this competition. I have no problems with dancing, but you need to be the whole package.” Zachary simply nodded as Ashton turned to Zoey. “Zoe, you have a beautiful voice, and a beautiful personality, but you let your nerves get the best of you and it totally can ruin a performance. You have nothing to be afraid of.” She sighed, pressing her lips together tightly as Ashton turned to Amy and she immediately started tearing up. “Amy, I know some things have been going on with you, but that’s life. As much as I want to forgive you forgetting your lyrics… I can’t.”

Margo couldn’t stop shaking, even with Damien holding her so tightly, as Ashton turned to her. She could see the disappointment written all over his face and felt sick with herself for not listening to him. “Margo.” He whispered so quietly that the mike barely picked him up. “I told you that I didn’t think the screaming bit would work and you completely blew me off. If you want to get through life, you have to listen to the people trying to help you.”

“I’m sorry.” She whimpered.

“Don’t be sorry, just listen.” He said, his voice shorter than normal. She recoiled a bit at his angry tone before he sighed, running a hand through those perfect curls. “I can’t help you if you don’t let me.” She nodded as his eyes finally moved to Damien. “You’re the only one who looked like they wanted to be here this week. Job well done, but don’t let it go to your head.” Damien nodded as Ashton sighed again, looking between the five of them before letting out a sad sigh. “Amy, I’m so sorry, but you’ll need to pack your things.”

Amy collapsed, tears running down her face as Margo quickly caught her, helping the blonde offstage as the team left. As they took a commercial break, Calum looked over at his friend. Ashton was the nicest bloke down under, and he knew that even though the choice had been obvious, it had killed Ashton. But something was still bothering him. “Ash.” The dirty blonde looked over. “Why were you so mean to Margo?”

“She didn’t listen to me.” He said simply. “She completely ignored my advice.”

“That doesn’t explain you snapping at her like that.” Michael added. “It’s because of the older bloke Damien isn’t it? He was putting the moves on Jasey too-”

“I have no idea what you’re talking about.” Ashton said bluntly. But he could still see the way Margo had curled into the older man, the way they laughed together and hung out. The two were becoming fast friends and Ashton didn’t like it one bit. He then sighed, knowing that she was a contestant, and he shouldn’t be feeling this way towards her. It didn’t matter that she was beautiful and funny and they would have the most perfectly awkward children. She was on his team, and he had to be professional.

Even if he didn’t want to be.
♠ ♠ ♠
OOOOH
Ashton's jealous?
Thank you so much for reading!

oxoxoxoxox
Ashlee