Status: The first three chapters should be up quickly, the rest will come whenever

Outlaw Princess

Chapter 3

An hour later, they were on their way to the kingdom of Lane. Lane wasn’t far from Cecilia’s small castle, just an hour and a half, but dusk had already settled, and within thirty minutes they were surrounded by complete darkness. The only light was from the flickering torches that five of the men carried.

Cecilia, Casandra, and the rest of the men from her castle kept quiet, not sure what to expect from this journey. All together they were a party of seventeen. Although Cecilia didn’t want to face the trial, she hoped against hoped that a group of people this big would get them through the journey without any incidents. They trudged silently through the snow.

Suddenly, two of the Queens knights started joking around, breaking the silence.

“Please keep quiet,” Cecilia ordered.

“Why Princess? Are we bothering you?” one of the knights taunted.

“No, it’s just I don’t want things finding us. There are things in these woods that Lane doesn’t have.”

“Don’t tell me you are superstitious, Princess,” another knight started. He laughed, “You are with six of the Queen’s royal guard, six of the bravest men, and you are afraid of tales your wetnurse told you. Don’t be-“

He stopped short when the howling started. The horses became nervous, and started to become unruly. Cecilia pulled hard on her horse’s reins in order to regain some control. And then the attack began.

A wolf the size of a horse attacked the knight that was just talking.The horse the Cecilia was on bucked, sending her to the ground. Casandra was by her side immediately, and she help Cecilia up to her feet.

“Come, let’s escape while they are busy,” Casandra whispered to Cecilia as she grasped her arm and led her out into the woods.

With only the dim moon lighting their way, the two girls stumbled into the forest. In their haste, they tripped over stumps and branches, but they had to escape. It was the only way out to freedom.
“I can’t go on,” Cecilia said, panting. Her skirt was dirty and ripped, and she was sure she had scratches all over her face.

“It’s fine, I think we are far enough,” Casandra said, touching Cecilia’s hand. “Oh my, you have a cut.” Mary Ellen gingerly grabbed Cecilia’s face to turn it towards her. Then Casandra licked the cut on Cecilia’s cheek.

Cecilia was surprised, but strangely the action made something inside her move. She moved closer to her friend and sweetly kissed her cheek. Cecilia didn’t know what came over her. Maybe it was the adrenaline from the events that just occurred, or maybe it was unknown feelings about her maid. But Casandra returned the gesture.

Casandra found Cecilia’s mouth with her own, and kissed her. Her hands traveled down the front of Cecilia’s bodice, and she cupped her hands around her breasts. Casandra moved away from Cecilia’s mouth and moved toward her neck, leaving a trail of kisses and nibbles behind. She kissed and sucked on Cecilia’s neck. Cecilia moaned. Casandra stopped, and then bit her neck, hard.

The movement shocked Cecilia who made a small scream. “Casandra, stop, you are hurting me,” she managed to choke out.

But Casandra didn’t stop. She continued to latch on to Cecilia’s neck, and Cecilia finally interpreted the noises as sucking. She came to the sickening realization that her maid of honor was something out of one of her nurse’s story, told when she was a child. Casandra was a demon. Cecilia felt weak, and she couldn’t decide it if was the fact that she was losing blood, or that she trusted such a monster.

A movement in the shrubs in front of the two girls stopped Casandra from her feast. She looked towards the source of the sound. One of the wolves pounced out of the underbrush and pounced on Casandra. Cecilia was thrown to the ground, and she could only just watch as the wolf stood on top of its prey and snapped Casandra’s neck.

Listening to the sound of her attacker being ripped to shreds and eaten, brought Cecilia to her feet. She was still too weak to run, and the slight movement of standing up made her head spin. She tried to back up slowly and quietly, in order to not attract the attention of the wolf.

She stepped on a dead branch, which snapped in half with a loud crack. The wolf’s ears pricked up, and he turned his head towards her rapidly, still holding a piece of intestine in his jaws. The wolf’s eyes softened when he saw that it was just her, and a voice filled her head.

"I’m not going to hurt you," it said, "but you might want to go join the others."
Cecilia gasped. The wolf just watched as she quickly turned around and ran the way that she had just came.