Status: Completed! ... Just uploading on here :)

Hold On

Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I just stood there and stared. Sarah was just lying there, her waving brown hair laying out around her head. I watched her chest slowly rise and fall. She was alive, but she looked so lifeless just lying there. Sarah was always so full of energy, it broke me to see her like that. There was a bandage on her forehead and I could see little cuts and scratches all over her. She even had a large bandage on the top of her right arm.

I forced my legs to go forward. It felt as if it took an eternity for me to get to her bed. I just stood at the foot, looking up at her. A hand came to rest on my shoulder. I looked over to see Zayn looking at me sadly.

“Sit, mate.” He was bare audible. “Sit.”

He helped steer me to a chair. I was fighting back my tears as the others filed into the room. They all paused at the moment that their eyes landed on Sarah. We all knew her and it hurt all of us to see her hurt like this.

“She looks way too calm.” Niall mumbled.

“Almost like the day we met her, ay?” Liam added as he put an arm around his shoulders.

My mind wondered back to that day. I was finally back in town and I had brought the boys with me. I had been going to see Sarah and the guys decided to tag along. So I let them, knowing that Sarah wouldn’t mind meeting the guys. Though she was a little shocked, Sarah hadn’t been expecting more than me.

“Harry, what is this?” Sarah asked when she opened the door.

I had rubbed the back of my head, “Well, the guys wanted to tag along and meet you.”

“Oh okay,” she had stepped aside and let all of us file into her house. She had moved out on her own not long after I had left for the X-Factor. She had decided that she was ready to be more independent and she was sick of her parents’ rule over her.

“Well, these are the guys.” I pointed to them as we all sat around her living room. Sarah was sitting beside me, looking to all of them.

“Hiya Sarah,” Louis was the first one to speak as he waved, “I’m Louis.”

I knew where this was going as they all began to talk.

“I’m Zayn.”

“I’m Liam.”

“I’m Niall.”

I smiled at her as she looked at me confused. “I’m Harry.”

“And we’re One Direction.”

This made Sarah smile at us. It helped her feel better, because I knew that she was feeling awkward around the guys since she didn’t know them. She was always like that when she first met someone. Many people didn’t know just how outgoing Sarah really was.

“Harry,” Louis leaned over toward me, “I thought you said she was a bundle of energy.”

“Yeah,” Niall hopped in, “Or is she shy?”

“Guys, lay off.” I said as I turned to Sarah, “Sorry about them.”

She shook her head, “It’s fine. They’re your mates, so their mine.” She had smiled her sweet smile at me.

I loved when she smiled like that. It showed the Sarah that I had known most of my life. She was happy and ready to go out and tackle the world.

“So let’s get to know each other,” Louis started.

Liam put his head in his hands, “Oh Louis, don’t.”

“Twenty questions.” Louis exclaimed with a huge grin on his face.

We all should have seen this coming before we even left to come here. Louis was developing an obsession with twenty question, and he was trying to play it with every person he could. I had kind of hoped that he was going to not bring it up, but there was no getting out of it now.

“First question,” Louis was rubbing his hands together. “Sarah, if you could date one member of the band, who would it be?”

“Louis!” The rest of us exclaimed as we gaped at him.

I turned to Sarah, she was a little red but was ready to answer him.

“Sarah, you don’t have to answer if you don’t want to.”

She shook her head at me, “It’s fine.” She turned back to Louis, “I would have to date Harry because he is the only of you that I know.”

“Well, if Louis gets his way,” Niall said, “Everyone will know each other just fine before this game is over.”

The rest of us nodded our heads in agreement. That was exactly what his goal was. We also knew that they was no way around it.

“My turn,” Sarah said. I noticed that she was getting into this. That was scaring me. “Louis, if you could go back in time and change one thing, what would it be?”

That game of twenty questions had just gone back and forth between Sarah and Louis. It had been a very interesting day and before we left, Sarah was good friends with all the guys.

I came back, seeing her laying there. That was all I could take, I let my tears fall.