Status: Completed! ... Just uploading on here :)

Hold On

Chapter 7

Chapter 7

I just sat here in a daze. I couldn’t believe that I had been in love with my best friend for all these years. The boys must have noticed it, that was why they always made couple jokes about me and Sarah. There must have been so many signs, but I hadn’t seen them.

Like when I was kicked off the X-Factor, the first person I called was Sarah. I didn’t call my mom first, I called her. The only thing I could think about was hearing her voice.

“I’m sorry, Harry.” She said, “But you know it’s their loss. They should have picked up when they had the chance.

She had known just what to say to me. I had wiped away my tears and was in a better mood before I called my mom not moments later. I had really wanted to make it, but hearing Sarah’s words made the loss okay. I knew I could live with it because I had her.

I looked at her now, wanting nothing more than her words of optimism. But she wasn’t moving. I kept an eye on her chest as it rose and fell, and on the monitors that checked her heart rate. The nurse has been in here several times to get her vitals and record them. I tried to study her expression as she looked at the numbers, but I couldn’t see anything. I was flying blind.

I rested my head on my arm, my hand holding hers. I gave it a little squeeze, hoping that she would squeeze my hand back, but she didn’t. I could feel more tears coming. I rubbed my eyes against my forearm, trying to stop the tears. I was think of the day I left her.

The boys and I had just been signed for a deal, One Direction had been born. Sarah was so happy for me. I was going to get to live my dream, but I could tell she was upset. She didn’t want me to go away. To be honest, I really didn’t want to leave her either.

“Go get ‘em.” She smiled at me, but it didn’t reach her eyes. I could see her trying to fight back her tears as we stood outside of my house.

I grabbed her and pulled her into a hug, “I’m going to miss you.”

She nodded her head in my chest as she tried to silence her tears. She pulled back, wiping her brown eyes. “I’ll miss you too.”

“Call me?” I tilted my head.

She raised an eyebrow at me, “Why Mr. Styles, are you trying to pull a move on me?”

I played along, “And if I am?”

We both couldn’t hold it anymore. The street was filled with laughter. We were always doing stuff like that, and we always ended up laughing so hard our sides hurt.

“I will.” She smiled, “You too, you hear? Keep in touch on your own too.”

“Now, Ms. Collins…”

She slapped my arm, “Oh shut up.” We both smiled softly.

“I will.” I said.

She stepped forward and pulled me into a tight hug. “Good luck.”

I hugged her back just as tightly, “Don’t forget me.”

“How could I forget the great Harry Styles.” She had joked with me.

“Harry! We’re going to be late!”

I sighed as I grabbed my bags and turned for the car. I took one last look at my house, before turning back to Sarah. I gave her one more smile before I climbed in and was driven away.

The tears were falling now. We had kept our promise. Whenever I had free time, I would call her. She would also text me throughout the day to see if I was doing okay. We were always talking, inseparable.

I turned my head, looking up at her face. We had reached the ten hour make, and the doctor had only given two before comatose set in. She didn’t have much time. I placed a soft kiss on her hand.

“Please wake up Sarah,” I sobbed as I buried my face in my arm again. “Please wake up.”