Status: Completed, with love

Coming Home

To Die a Thousand Deaths

“Are you scared?” Cassadee asked, feeling the air conditioning of Derrick’s car chaffing against her thigh.

It was cooling off day- meaning no political activity whatsoever, and Derrick had picked this day to go on a road trip to somewhere quiet.

“I don’t know,” he shrugged, eyes on the road.

Picking up a chip from an open packet wedged between her thighs, Cassadee popped it into her mouth, drawing her hands above her head and over Derrick’s shoulder.

“I’m glad we got to do this,” she sighed, feeling his hard shoulders against her arm.

“We’re doing a lot more than ‘this’.”

“What?”

“Nothing.”

She smiled, crossing her feet together and looking out the window to see the passing trees.

*

“Shirt off.”

Grinning to herself, Cassadee pulled her dress over her shoulders, dumping it onto the rock that they had claimed their own.

It was less of a river, more of a fountain. Derrick watched as Cassadee tested the water with her skinny toes before giggling to herself and looking back at him.

“It’s cold!” She yelped, standing away from the edge of the water.

He admired the way the sun made the highlights in her hair shine, like they were a million stars hiding in her hair. He looked at her face, the smile pulling him in, putting his messed up and tired mind to ease. Just for today.

“Is it?”

“Yeah come try!”

He edged towards her, preparing to mimic her actions when Cassadee jerked his arm hard- sending him flying into the water. He felt the coolness pierce his skin, jarringly at first before melting completely into him.

“You bitch!” He yelled as she laughed and cannonballed in right next to him. Feet kicking against the ebbing current, he found her toes kicking as well and drew her in. Drinking in her laugh, he marvelled at the silky sensation of her skin and the clear waters as he gripped her waist towards himself.

“At least this bitch is yours,” she whispered into his lips, before caressing his mouth gently with hers. She tasted like water, and smelt like soap.

“I used to be afraid to do things like that,” she laughed, breaking away from him. He felt her waist leave his side as she paddled forward, leaving a trail of white bubbles behind her feet.

“Now I’m not afraid at all,” she sang, her voice disappearing into the curtain of heavy water crashing down from the stone cliff. For a moment Derrick thought she had disappeared beneath the currents, but he smiled to himself when he saw a blurry vision of her pop out from behind the fountain, waving at him.

“You sure about that?”

“What?!”

Sighing with amusement, Derrick trailed after her- himself disappearing behind the heavy waterfalls.

*

“I said, are you sure you’re not afraid?” Derrick smiled, tracing the contours of her face as he felt her wet body pressed against his own, his voice soft and near her ear. He ran his fingers past her torso, using his finger pads to smooth out the bump of her scars. He felt her shiver under him, liking the way the water lingered in her hair and the way she looked at him under lashes dripping with water.

“Should I be?” She countered, hands around his neck, roaming through his hair. She never loved him because of the romance that hid behind his scars, she never ever considered his scars to define him. To Cassadee, Derrick was eyes, nose and mouth- a physicality that her heart belonged to.

“Do you love me?”

She swallowed, the vulnerability of his question hitting her hard. She looked at him, watching the water drip down his blonde hair- plastered over his face. She knew she did, and she didn’t doubt him either.

“You didn’t answer my question, that’s not fair.”

He smiled at her, his eyes tunnelling into hers and she remembered the night after Dave’s wedding. She had wanted the moment to last forever, only to be distracted by his sexual pleasing. She wondered if he remembered.

With the thrashing of water against water as their music, Cassadee uttered, “yes” to him while Derrick replied with a, “no”. She watched him smile, one that reached into her, gripping and melting her insides like she was hot, melting metal.

Skin against skin, wetness gliding over each other, they kissed. It was jaw-crushingly tender, and the serenity that surrounded them heightened senses, dulled emotions and fears from their past. Cassadee felt him sweep his tongue over her bottom lip, gently letting their insides melt into one and she felt so happy. Happier than she had ever been in her life.

She loved him so much that it seemed to tear her apart, and at that moment she wanted the sun and moon to stop and shatter into a million pieces- if she and Derrick could remain that way forever.

She felt him tug her swim suit gently off her shoulders, and she fingered the waistband of his pants.

“Thank god I’m sober for this.”

She laughed into his lips, and what was left of the afternoon were her bikini bottoms floating near the water’s edge.

*

“You ever heard that song by Elle Eyre? ‘We Don’t Have To Take Our Clothes Off’?”

Derrick laughed at her, caressing her shoulder lovingly.

“Is it applicable?”

“Well, she technically says that we don’t have to take our clothes off to have a good time.”

“Are you saying we do?”

“I’m saying we just did.”

Cassadee snuggled closer to him, adjusting her neck against his arm which was supporting her head.

“Who knows when we’re going to ever have days like these again.”

“Certainly not with anyone else around,” he replied calmly, playing with her hair.

“I really prefer beds to stone walls though,” Cassadee muttered, her bottom still sore from where the stones had dug into her back.

“If your dad knew the shit I get you to do,” Derrick chortled and Cassadee smiled.

“I don’t exactly talk to him about my sex life,” she replied, leaning into him, propping herself up on one shoulder. She traced tiny circles around his chest, feeling the way his muscles tensed up under her fingers.

“You didn’t used to be so jumpy when I touched you,” she whispered, before giggling.

“You didn’t used to be so good at you know, sex.”

“I am beyond flattered. Not so bad yourself,” she replied, trailing her fingers lower down his body. Past his hard chest, and tracing the shape of lumpy scars that matched hers.

“We don’t even need couple wear, we should just walk around in mid-drifts to show off our matching scars.”

“I’m so done with you,” Derrick rolled his eyes before she stole his breath by dipping her hands further.

“Don’t do that,” he spoke sharply, pleasure shooting through him. He didn’t think it would come that quick after what they just did behind the falling waters.

“Why? I’m just returning the favour,” Cassadee replied before sitting up and sliding herself downwards.

“You’re not the only one good at foreplay honey,” she smiled deviously before her lips and hands became the perpetuators of Derrick’s traitorous moans.

*

“Did we have a good time today?” Cassadee teased as Derrick flushed slightly at her invasive question as he drove them back to his house.

“You’re going to die when we get back to my place.”

“Shakespeare used death as-“

“Sexual climax, yes. You’re going to die,” he continued calmly, eyes never leaving the road. Cassadee sank into the seat, blushing furiously, her teasing evaporating immediately.

“I really thought we’d just be going for a swim,” she muttered as the afternoon sun started to wind its way down the sky.

“I thought so too,” he laughed.

*

“Fuck you!” She screamed as Derrick’s hands left her underwear again. Pent up sexual tension bubbled furiously between Cassadee’s legs as Derrick drew away for the fourth time.

She was surprised that he knew her body so well- going agonizingly slow in the beginning before stopping the third and fourth time just as she felt like she was going to explode.

“Stay down,” he ordered as Cassadee glared at him from the mountain of pillows on the bed propping her up.

“I swear to god I’ll kick you in the head. You’ll head to the polls tomorrow with a bruise as big as-“

“Shut up.”

Then his tongue was running against her silky thighs and Cassadee moaned out in sexual agony

“Please, oh my god. Please.”

“Being a little too vague there love,” he mocked.

“Take them off,” she whimpered as he mimicked her previous torture, tracing patterns so near to her heated core.

“That wasn’t so hard wasn’t it?” He asked as he slid her underwear down her legs.

“I hate you.”

She didn’t get to continue because his tongue was on her and she shook at the sudden heat that met hers. She felt his breath on her and she squirmed heavily, her muscles suddenly alive with arousal. For the fifth time, she felt him rapidly build her up, feeling his tongue swirling against her nub, like he was turning up the temperature of an oven.

Then he stopped and the cool air that met her exposed self-made her almost sit up and deck Derrick in the face. She would have done it if not for his lips crashing painfully onto hers, his member dangerously close to her nether region. Gasping at the thought of the insurmountable pleasure that would ensue, Cassadee pressed his neck against her so tightly as he kissed her jawline and shoulders.

The second time he entered her that day, she saw stars explode across her eyes. She wondered what about him that brought out the virgin in her when they were together as she groaned shamelessly as her flesh was so sensitive and scorching hot to every time he drew in and out.

This time they were equals, and waves of pleasure slapped both Cassadee and Derrick silly until they peaked closely- climaxing one before another. There was no alcohol to mute the senses, and everything was amplified and as good as Cassadee ever felt, perhaps even better.

“Don’t you dare tell anyone that I spent my last free day having crazy sex with you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sex is so hard to write, especially you know. When you're just drawing experiences from random fanfiction and books. :(