The Deep End

Chapter 13

Holy Jesus fucking Christ, they were actually kissing. In the real world, not some weird alternate universe; Austin and Alan were actually kissing.

Alan would have broke down into happy tears if he hadn't forced himself to stay composed because it would totally ruin the whole 'perfect first kiss' thing occurring. Austin had rested his hands on his lower back, and Alan couldn't decide whether he was about to die or about to cry, all that registered was that he wanted to continue to kiss Austin.

The phone kept on ringing, so eventually Austin had to pry Alan off of him and answer it, but pecked Alan's nose before he wandered into another room to hunt for a phone. Who the actual fuck calls this late at night? Or early in the morning? Alan really couldn't be bothered to look at a clock. He heard Austin talking on the phone, part of sentences were missed, but some very key words and phrases were noted. Words/Phrases like: 'No, Mum', 'Listen to me, okay', 'it's half past one in the morning', 'No, mum, I don't have genital herpes' and so forth. Okay, the latter was one he was really debating about, because Austin's voice faded out at some parts, it could have also been 'very tall Hershey’s'.

All Alan could really only conclude that it was Austin's mum, the thought kind of terrified him to no end. He spent the next two and a quarter minutes staring at Austin's house (and trying to see if there were any left over cakes). Austin came back, with annoyance tugging at his feature, but as soon as he saw Alan nibbling at one of their cakes, his face cracked and broke into a smile radiating rainbows and every gay thought under the sun.

Quietly, he crept up on Alan, and snuggled into his back, making Alan jumped and nearly drop his cake. He mumbled a 'sorry, I don't even know why my mum felt the need to call me at half one in the morning'. Alan answered with an equally obscure, 'that's okay'.

They sat on the sofa with Alan curled in Austin's lap, happily munching on his cake and they both watched some shitty talk show. (Alan confesses, he actually loves shows like Maury because they make him feel good about his life.) However Austin served as a more than adequate distraction with his near constant tendency to play with Alan’s hair. He bent down and whispered hesitantly in Alan's ear: "So, um, if you hadn't guessed it already I really like you, and um, do you wanna, ya know, go out with me, maybe?" Austin looked so hopeful, his face dimly lit by the television but still it radiated a feel of care and happiness. Alan giggled, and shook his head in disbelief. "You fucking idiot, of course I will." He beamed at Austin and for the second time they were kissing again.

It was half two when Alan's eyelids started to get heavier, and he started to lean back against Austin. He yawned cutely; Austin thought he looked like a kitten when he yawned (sometimes he even made some of those unintended squeaks) and then he sighed: "I think I should be going now, I'm going to be so tired in the morning." Austin agreed, and they both hauled themselves off the sofa to near the door, where Austin kissed Alan goodbye and they departed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Alan went to school the next day in a very good mood; even despite his visible lack of sleep. He walked the halls like being locked in a building with at least fifteen people wanting to kick your arse was a good thing. People were religious at his school, but it didn't stop them from victimizing Alan for being weak and friendless (excluding Carl, but he didn't exactly count.)

Alan was sure if they found out he was dating Austin he would be dead in about 0.6 seconds, that was the attitudes towards gays in his school (unless it was males and lesbian porn because they lived off of that shit). He spent most of his day daydreaming about Austin, unknowing that Austin was thinking of Alan most of his day too.

Alan even smiled at the popular people as he walked past their lockers, they only returned with glares; rude. He didn't mind when the gang of nerds went past, inwardly laughing at him in the safety of their swarm. They were almost as scary as the popular people, their lack of sympathy they made up for with their IQ's; so much intelligence in such narrow minds.

Walking home from school was good, the weather was good, he didn't care about being home late so he took his time. His parents would probably be greatful that he was spending more time outside and less time in his "vampire cave" (AKA: his room).

He walked past Austin's house, and noted that he was not in despite Alan taking a detour home and it being 5:37. He was probably shopping or somthing, but Alan still had a strange feeling about it.

He would ask him about that the next time they saw each other.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry I haven't updated in a bit ;_; Anyways, thanks for the comments, recs and reads everyone c: I do not mean to offend anyone with my horrendous religious inaccuracies or untruthful portral of christians as a whole, I am sorry if I do.