The Deep End

Chapter 16

Alan sat hunched over on the sofa, his foot tapping gave away his anxiety for the whole situation. By situation, I mean, that in a few minutes Tessa is meant to come round and meet Austin. Austin placed a hand on his leg in a feeble attempt to stop the unnerving tapping. Tessa had been unpredictably happy about Alan's gayness, and even said she thought Alan and Austin would make a good couple; this didn't deter Alan from practically flipping his shit and she hadn't even met Austin yet.

His parents left Alan home alone, satisfied with the explanation from Tessa that she would be coming round to stay, and after a few awkward questions assured his mum that she had no intention of even kissing her son, let alone going any further. So they left confident that Tessa wouldn't let their son's precious 'heterosexuality' escape while they were gone and even were even happier that Tessa wasn't going to be there to get laid.

The doorbell rung, Alan remained stationary, so with a little effort Austin nudged (shoved) him towards the door. Alan looked back at him like a lost puppy, and Austin offered a promising smile and a optimistic thumbs up for encouragement. Alan accepted his defeat and answered the door, accepting the hug from Tessa. He was happy to see her, but he was also terrified in the chance that it all goes tits up and Tessa decides to do the opposite of support them and tell their secret to everyone.

Tessa was blindingly cheerful, and greeted Austin like he wasn't some alleged Satanist who was possibly fucking her friend and had sin written all over his body.(Literally, tattoos are a sin in the bible, as well as bowl hair cuts, so we all know where the Beatles went.)

Upon seeing the happy (anxiety ridden) couple, she broke into a smile. Austin squeezed Alan's hand in comfort, knowing that he was still silently worrying. They smiled at each other for a split second, before Austin extended his hand and introduced himself. "Hey, I'm Austin." She shook is willingly, and answered with "I'm Tessa."

Both of their postures seemed only to exhibit positive emotions, they made small talk whilst Alan watched contently. Alan's fingers lay in Austin's the whole time, and it had a claming effect on both of them. They had talked sufficiently, and Tessa decided it was time to leave the pair. They all said farewells, and to say that it had been successful was an understatement.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Austin had left a few hours ago, because of the due arrival of Alan's parents. Alan lay quietly on his bed, pondering on how much a kidney on the black market would equate to. His dad came in, knocking before entering, and sheepishly sat on his bed.

"Alan?"

"Yeah?"

"I was wondering, err, how are things going with Austin?"

Alan's father took his son's immediate smile as a good sign.

"Great. Why?"

"Just wondering." Alan inferred from his dad's smile that he was happy about the news.

"There is going to be a church fair tomorrow, Mrs. Darring wondered if you would mind helping her with her stall?" Usually, in any other mood, Alan would have reluctantly grumbled a "Yes?" that translated as a 'over my dead body' in teenager language. However in his cheerful state he answered with "Sure." in a bright tone.

"That's great." His dad waved for a moment before leaving his room.

Eh, Alan was pretty sure it wasn't going to be that bad anyway.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Austin had knocked on his window that night; Alan was hauling him through the window frame before Austin could even mutter a greeting. Alan was hissing: "Why the fuck do you always have to insist on going through the window. I nearly had a heart attack, Jesus." Austin pulled him into a hug, kissing the top of his head and replying with: "I'm happy to see you too."

They lay on Alan's bed for a while, talking about their lives and frequently pausing for kisses. Alan was tucked into Austin, with an arm placed firmly around his shoulders.

They eventually got carried away with all the kissing before they realised that somehow Alan had moved to be on top of Austin. Upon realising this, Austin broke the kiss, muttering into his neck:

"Probably best if we don't go any further. I wouldn't want to taint your innocence." His teasing was met with a pout from his (unbelievably sexually frustrated) boyfriend. Alan sighed, he supposed Austin was right. He rolled off to the side, taking up his previous position curled into Austin's side.

Silently, Alan's dad had waddled to the bathroom during their conversation, and upon hearing voices went to check up on Alan. He couldn't help but feel happy when he saw his son curled up with Austin, and seeing the look of adoration and care on Austin's face when he was looking at Alan made him smile. Equally as silently, he headed back, trying not to disturb the "moment" going on. He would tell Alan tomorrow; no doubt he would be mortified.