Status: Sequal!!!

Even Broken Hearts Mend

TEN

It's been two days. Two days and two words have been said between us. But today was the day he was getting the DNA test results and I have thought about this a lot. This is the love of my life and we have been through so much in the last five years. We have grown together and cried together and changed, together. He is my other half and our children are what tie us together, along with all our love. But he had hurt me, over and over again and never once did I ever give him a reason to doubt me or not to trust me. Sometimes I don't feel like it's fair, yet I know love isn't fair. Love isn't about being fair at all. It's about sticking with the one you love, no matter their mistakes. But how much can one girl take? How much until love isn't enough. I have doubts, but the thought of being without… is reassuring. I Pick up my phone in my room and hit Evgeni's name.
"Alice. Are you going?"
"I think so. I think he needs me." I say.
"Da. I think good you go. You love him and he love you. Nothing else matter. Get through it together." He tells me and I nod even though he can't see me.
"I'm going to bring the kids and come visit soon. No matter the results. I need to get out of Dallas for a few days."
"You're always welcome here! You know that! I have baby room all ready for Savvy and Tommy."
"Ok well I'll let you know. Love you Evgeni."
"Love you Alice. Stay strong." We hang up.

I walk into the guest bedroom where he is sitting on the bed. Just sitting there, about to leave. He looks up at me with sad eyes and I can't take it anymore.

"I'm coming with you. Candace will be here any minute to watch the kids."
"You're coming with me?" He ask, his voice sad, but hopeful. I walk forward and take his hands in mine. "Tyler Paul Seguin. You are my husband. You are my best friend and you are my partner, through thick and thin, through better or worse. If it's your child…" I take a deep breath, "Then we will do what's right. I'm not leaving your side." I tell him and he pulls me into his arms.
"Alice I love you so much. I'm so sorry this is happening. There is no excuse. I don't deserve you."
"I love you Tyler and that's all that matters." I hear the alarm signaling that Candace is here. "Come on. Let's face this together." I kiss him and then take his hands and we walk down the stairs together to see Jamie and Candace, team tagging the baby sitting, I like it.
"Hey…" Candace says and hugs me then she looks at Tyler with sad eyes and pulls him into a hard hug and she cries. She lets out one sob and then pulls away and wipes her tears. "I love you so much Tyler."
"I love you Candace." He says and then shakes Jamie's hand. No one really knows what to say. What is there to say?
We head out to the car and he drives. "Alice I'm scared."
"I'm scared to."
"What are you thinking?"
"I'm thinking that this woman… She has a lot of nerve. She went her whole pregnancy and not saying anything. My gut says she knows who the real father is but when he didn't take responsibility… she turned to you."
"That makes sense." he says but I continue.
"I can't lie Tyler. I'm scared. I hate to sound cruel but… I don't want this child or this woman to be a part of our lives! If this child is yours, that means she is always going to be around. She is going to be a constant reminder…" I can't finished my sentence. I can't cry anymore. My life, for the third or fourth time, feels as though it's crashing around me. I'm tired of it. How many of this trials can we go through before it's just too much?
We get to the court house and I see all the cameras and press. I take a deep breath as we park and walk up the steps together hand in hand.
"Alice how do you feel about the allegations made toward your husband?" I think about my answer before I speak it.
"My husband made a bad choice 14 months ago and we mended and come together to overcome it. We don't know the outcome of the results yet, but he is my husband and I'll be by his side no matter what." I answer, never letting go of his hand.
We get escorted into the court room and to one side of the room with our lawyer and I see her on the other side. It's the first time I've seen her in person and it make me feel full of hate. She has long blonde curly hair and is a puck bunny if I ever saw one. She looks at us and looks a little shocked when she sees me.
"Is she even allowed to be here?" The blond, whose name I've learned is Lacy.
"Yes. She is!" The judge says and gives Lacy a cold look. From what I've been told, the judge is a big Dallas Stars fan, that was a comforting fact. "Now let's all take our seats!" She calls and all the press in the room sits down behind us. I hold Tyler's hand tightly on the table and he kisses my head quickly and whispers in my ear.
"I love you Alice."
"I love you." I whisper back.
"Now without further delay I would like to announce the results of the DNA Test between Tyler Seguin and Lacy Mckaul and her child Blair." The room is dead silent, you could hear a pen drop and you could definitely my heart pounding in my chest. "Tyler Seguin… Blair Mckaul is…"
♠ ♠ ♠
Thoughts?