Status: Sequal!!!

Even Broken Hearts Mend

ELEVEN

Savvy Monroe's second birthday is here and I'm just finishing all the little decorations for her party. She is only turning two so she really isn't into anything like princess' or anything like that yet, but I'm hoping for her third birthday we can do something really big and exciting with a theme like that. We decided this year we would just do close family and friends.
With no hockey to worry about in the off season, Evgeni is sitting on the living room floor with Savvy and Thomas is sitting up on his own, playing with one of his little toddler toys. He can hold himself up in a sitting position now and he can also crawl.
"Hey I got the cake!" Candace calls as she walks into the house with Jamie behind her, carrying the cake. Her seven month pregnant belly makes her even more beautiful. We found out three months ago that she is having a baby girl and Savvy loves the idea.
"You look beautiful!" I tell her and pull her into a hug before kissing Jamie's cheek. "Go ahead and put it on the counter in the kitchen." I tell him and he nods with a smile.
"Sure thing boss." He walks away.
"How are you doing?" She ask me with a gentle hand on my arm and I shrug.
"I'm doing ok. I really miss though." I say the last party quietly and she pulls me into another hug.
"Do you need any help?"
"Nope I got everything done. Everyone should be here shortly." I tell her and we walk into the living room but I stop when the doorbell rings and Candace laughs when I roll my eyes. I walk back to the door to open it and I see My mom, Britney and Savvy's other grandparents Paul and Jackie along with Cassidy and her boyfriend Brant. I hug all of them and let them in. "Hey guys! Savvy is in the living room with Evgeni." I tell them and they head that way. I don't close the door though because I see Rachelle's car pull up and her and Carly get out. Everyone has present and they all go put them by the fireplace.

Evgeni is soon left empty handed so I join him and sit criss cross on the floor.
"What's up my Russian?"
"Not much my Canadian." He jokes back.
"Sorry my kids got high jacked from you."
" It's ok. They get lots of love. That all that matter." He says with a shrug and I nod.
"Very true. Hey Ev?" I ask and he nods to me to continue, "Why don't you just get traded to Dallas and make my life easier?" I ask and we both laugh.
"Dallas not afford me." He says and it's a very true statement. But if we could, I'd be all over that trade. "We eat soon?" He ask and I nod, both of us standing up.
"I swear you're only here for the food!"
"And the babies!" He says and fallows me into the kitchen. I made a huge meal for all of us including pasta, chicken, salad, green bean casserole and … ok I didn't make the cake but I still count it. I check on the food and we make small some talk.
"Oh I saw the magazine cover!!!" Cassidy says excitedly and I laugh at her.
"The three of you look so beautiful!" Jackie declares.
"What was the Magazine?" Brant ask, clearly out of the loop.
"She was on the cover of Women's health!" Candace starts explaining. "She was in a bikini holding Thomas on her hip and then Savvy was holding her hand in a cute little swimsuit and shades and Thomas had on swim trunks."
"It was an article about staying healthy and active while being a working mom." I tell him and he nods. "It went really well. Savvy loved all the attention of course." I smile at my little girl who Jackie is holding. My mom has Tommy. "Let go ahead and eat guys." I tell them and we move the food to the table.
I look at the clock and sigh. Tyler isn't here. I'm obviously not surprised by this but, it still sucks. Savvy is too small to realize what's going on so I don't think she will be too upset. We sit at the table and all start serving our selves while making some conversation. I miss Tyler but I can't let that effect me today. I have to focus on Savvy. After all my princess is two today! I can't believe it's been two years sense she was born… everything I have gone through with her alone.
After dinner Candace and Cassidy help me clear the table and make room for the cake. Evgeni is holding Savvy and I move the cake to the table with the two candles in the center. As I go to the light them I hear the alarm on the house signaling the front door opened. I set the lighter down and turn around. I walk towards the front door and when I see him a smile breaks out on my face and I run into his arms.
"I thought you weren't going to make it." I tell him and he hold me close and kisses my neck.
"And miss our baby girls second birthday? No way."
"But how did you get away…"
"I told them we could hurry up and do it this morning but if they didn't get enough film too bad because I had to get home." Tyler was in New York filming a commercial that had to be done now and then he had a delayed flight. We didn't think he would make it back for the party.
"You're just in time for cake." I tell him before kissing him hard on the lips. Things are perfect with us right now and I couldn't ask for anything else. The baby wasn't his. Lacy still doesn't know who the father is apparently but that is no longer our worry. I have my family back to normal and that's all I can really ask for.
"My favorite."
♠ ♠ ♠
thoughts please?