Status: Sequal!!!

Even Broken Hearts Mend

TWELVE

"Tommy. Come on Tommy!" I cheer on my son as he walks out of Tyler's arms and into mine. Well I'm not sure if you could call it walking yet, but he sure was trying.
"Go Tommy!" Savvy cheers on her little brother and I swoop him into my arms as he reaches me and he giggles. Tyler's phone starts to go off and when he answers it he looks at me with wide eyes.
"We are on our way!" He says before hanging up and sliding the phone into his pocket.
"What's wrong?"
"It's Candice! Her water broke!" He says and starts freaking out which makes me laugh.
"Baby calm down… It will be hours before she delivers. We will take the kids to mom's house and then head to the hospital, ok?" I ask him calmly and he nods. I guess it doesn't matter how many times a guy goes through this, they will still be extremely nervous and freak out.
I kiss his cheek before going and grabbing the kids bags. Tyler fallows me holding Tommy and I pick up Savvy. We were both excited to see our new niece. I couldn't wait to be an aunt.
.
.
.
.
"Oh Thank god you are here!" Candace yells as we walk into the hospital room in which she occupies with Jamie.
"Hey honey. How are you doing?" I ask her and give her a hug.
"I'm exhausted already!"
"They just gave her an epidural." Jamie says and smiles down at her, the love is clear in his eyes and It makes me happy.
"Mom and dad and Cassidy are on their way here." Tyler says and hugs her.
"I just want her out." Candace says with a small laugh and shakes her head. "Alice how have you done this twice? I don’t think we will be doing this again for a while."
I wouldn't tell anyone now but I was two weeks late on my period. Savvy is 2 and Tommy is 8 months old, walking now and mumbling sounds that don’t really make up words. This is Candace's time to get all the attention and I don't want to take that away from her. Tyler doesn't know. Hell I don't even know for sure but I kind of didn't want to know. We have to beautiful healthy children. Most would say we have the perfect family. Plus, trying to imagine three kids under three… Oh lord.

The nurse walks in a two hours later and tells Tyler it's time to go. Jackie walks in and I go to leave but Candace stops me.
"Alice, You're my sister. I want you here."
"Then I'm here." I tell her and go back to my spot by her side with Jackie and Jamie is on her other side.

Candace's delivery took about an hour once the pushing started. It felt like forever and she was really exhausted but before we knew it little Adalyn Marie Oleksiak was screaming at the top of her little lungs and all of us smiling.
"Candace you did it! I'm so proud of you!" I kiss her head and she smiles up at me.
"We gave her your middle name Alice, After you."
"Thank you Candace. That means so much to me." I hug her and then hug Jamie. "I'm gonna go grab Tyler and your dad and sister."
"She is beautiful!" I tell the three of them in the waiting room and Tyler pulls me into a hug and kisses me.
"Is she ok?"'
"Yeah, She wants you three to go see her. I'll wait out here."
"You sure?" Paul ask and I nod.
"Yeah, I wanna give you guys some time."
"Alice…" Paul says, "You are my daughter too. Come on." He takes my hand in his and leads me along with him and back into the room. Tyler gives me a gentle smile as he sees his father's hand in mine. This was my family and I was truly blessed to have them. I may have lost my father but I gained another one. I am so blessed to have the two beautiful children Tyler and I have and whether or not I'm pregnant, we will still be extremely lucky. Even if I'm not sure now is a good time for a third baby.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thoughts??

and im sorry its taking so long! I promise i'm not done with anything!!! I just have been so busy with school and work and hockey.