Status: Sequal!!!

Even Broken Hearts Mend

FIFTEEN

We walk into the room and I see Alice laying in the bed, a scene I've witnessed before and I really didn't like it. The doctors said the chance of her not remembering anything was high, but was there a way, even in the slightest, that she would remember me and the love we shared?
I walk over to her and he looks at me, she looks exhausted and I know she is. Her eyes meet mine and at first she looks a little a confused.
"Do you know who I am?" I ask her and eyes look a little more upset.
"Tyler, I might be drugged up. But you're my husband and the love of my life." She says with a small smile and I lean forward to kiss her, being very careful of her shoulder and head.
"I love you so much Alice. More than anything. I was so scared. You're never allowed to drive again." I say with a small laugh and she smirks.
"Does this mean I get my own driver now?" Her mom laughs, pulling Alice's attention away from me and to Britney. "Hey Mom." She says and holds out her right hand for her mother to hold.
"Oh Alice… What am I going to do with you?"
"I don't know.. apparently not let me drive anymore." She smirks again and then looks towards the doors. "Where are the kids?"
"They are with the nanny. Candace and Jamie are outside with Evgeni." I say and her face lights up.
"Evgeni came?"
"Yeah and in record time."
"I'll go get him." Britney says and kisses Alice's head before leaving.
"I'm so glad you're ok Alice."
"I know. I'm sorry."
"The doctor told me it was almost certain that you would lose your memory again. I was so scared." I say and she takes my hand in hers.
"Tyler, I love you more than anything. You and the kids… you're my everything. I couldn't live without you."
"And I couldn't live without you Alice."
Our lives have come so far in the last six years and I really couldn't ask for more. We have two beautiful children and I'm with the love of my life. I truly am blessed.
.
.
.
10 years later.

"Mom! I can't find my gloves anywhere!" Savvy yells and I roll my eyes.
"Savvy did you check the hockey room?"
"Of course I checked…" She stops and looks around before running down the hall to the room where we keep all the hockey equipment. I laugh to myself and shake my head, for twelve years old, she was really coming into the preteen phase quickly.
"Mom! Mom?" I turn and ruff up Tommy's hair as he runs into the kitchen. "Can Mike and Ryan spend the night after tonight's game?"
"Tommy it's a school night."
"Please mom! Dad said it was ok as long as I checked with you."
"I'm sure he did…" I shake my head and run a hand through my long hair. "How about after Saturday's game? Deal?"
"Alright mom." He says and leaves the room in not quite the good mood he came in with. I open the fridge and pull out a water.
"Mom?" The water leaves my hand as I hand it over to Tatum, our six year old. "Are we leaving soon?" She ask in her sweet little girl voice, the same one I remember with Savvy.
"Yeah honey. You have practice and then Tommy and Savvy have a game. Where is your brother?" I ask and she shrugs.
"Beckett!" She yells.
"Tatum! Inside voice please." I scold her but can't the smile on my face. Her twin brother comes running into the kitchen with way to much energy.
"Can we go now! Please!?" Beckett ask, I know he wants to get to practice and then his siblings games.
I hear the door open and in comes running 9 year old Adalyn and she runs straight into my arms.
"Aunt Alice! I got a new stick! Daddy got me a new stick!' She tells me excitedly and I groan inside because I know now the twins will want a new stick.
"Are you going to use it in your game tonight?" I ask and she nods before running to find Tommy and Savvy. and then Candace gives me a hug. I kiss Colton's forehead, her three year old who is on her hip.
"Ready?" She ask and I nod.
"I'm ready."
When we get to the rink and get the kids on the ice we take our seats in the bleachers.
"We brought coffee!" I hear and look to see my handsome husband Tyler, and our brother in law Jamie in their Dallas hoodies with coffee in their hands.
"Thank you." I say as he sits next to me and I kiss his lips, still feeling all the love with share. "I love you." I tell him and he kisses my head.
"And I love you Alice. Always have. Always will."
♠ ♠ ♠
The End.