Status: Sequal!!!

Even Broken Hearts Mend

TWO

Candace's POV

I sit on the couch as Tyler flips through some things at the table. This wasn't how things were suppose to be but it's how they became. I saw what Tyler went through and I saw how Alice bravely faced the majority of her second pregnancy alone. Of course I wanted her to take him back but the odds weren't exactly in his favor.
"What are you doing?" I ask him and he shrugs.
"Looking over the divorce papers." He says in a hush tone.
"Divorce papers?" I question a little shocked.. I had no idea that either of them had filed. He nods, "Well what does she want?"
"Nothing. She says what's hers is hers and what's mine is mind. She doesn't even want the house or the… the ring." He runs a hand through his hair. She says I can take Marshall but that's Savvy's dog now." He puts his head in his hands and takes a deep breath. "Candace what the hell do I do?" He ask me, pulling his hands away to meet my eyes and my heart breaks a little.
"Do you still love her?"
"More than anything." He answers without any hesitation.
"Then don't sign the papers." I tell him and he looks a little surprised.
"But she wants the divorce."
"No she doesn't Tyler! She wants you! She wants you home at night, she wants you to rock Thomas to sleep in your bed next to her. She wants you. She is just scared."
"How do I fix it?"
"Well I would march on over there and hand her the papers and tell her you aren't going to sign them?"
"Really?" He ask and I nod. "Alright then, I'm going to do that."
I smile proudly as my brother grabs his keys and the papers and heads out the door. They could fix this, I know they can.

Tyler's POV

I pull up to the house and any confidence I previously had has just been thrown out the window. I hold the papers rolled up in one hand and I knock with the other. She opens the door and I look at her in awe.. four years we have been together and still she makes me lose my breath. Her short hair falls perfectly around her shoulders and she has on sophee shorts and one of my old shirts. My heart flutters and she blushes.
"I wasn't expecting you." She says and I look at my hands. I hold the rolled up papers out to her and he eyes sadden quickly and she nods. "Oh… Alright then…" she looks at her feet.
"I didn't sign them." I tell her and her head snaps up.
"What?"
"I didn't sign them. I'm not going too." I say and her eyes get glossy. "I don't care if we have to start at square one Alice, but I'm not losing you! Not again! Not forever. I know I messed up but I can't sign those papers. You're my wife and those are my kids and I love you Alice. I really am in love with you." The last word gets out of my mouth and her lips crash on mine as the papers hit the floor and her arms go around my neck, mine flying around her waist as I hold her close. 8 months I haven't kissed the love of my life. I deepen the kiss and she responds, leading me inside and I kick the door closed behind me. Her hands run through my hair, knocking my hat off and my fingers feel the flawless skin of her bare back for the first time in months. A cry fills the house and we both pull away with smiles on our lips. I let out a tiny laugh and she fallows in suit before I place a last peck on her lips. She holds my hands and leads me towards Thomas' nursery where she picks him up and goes to breast feed him. It truly is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, her with our children. She has such a motherly instinct to her and knowing that she is all mine, just makes it that much more beautiful.

She reaches out a hand to me and I move quickly to take it and kneel next to where she sits, feeding our son.
"Tyler?" She ask and I look at her, "It's not going to be easy. We are going to fight and it's gonna be hard."
"But we love each other Alice. We can do it."
"I know we can but.. I don't know if I can trust you right away." She says and I nod.
"I know and that's ok. I'll work hard to earn your trust back Al. I'll do whatever it takes. You're the love of my life."
"And you're the love of mine."
Another whine fills the air and she gives me a small smile, "She will be glad to see you." She says and I nod with a smile and head to Savvy's room. I turn on the light sense she was napping and when she sees me her eyes brighten and she gives me a big smile.
"Daddy!" She yells and I swoop her into my arms.
"Hey baby girl."
"Daddy I miss you!" She says and hugs me tightly, which I return.
"I'm not going anywhere again…"
♠ ♠ ♠
THis story is no where near over don't worry!!:) I just love it when they are happy!!! give me your thoughts and comments please:)