Status: Sequal!!!

Even Broken Hearts Mend

THREE

"Tyler! What do you have to say about your recent split from wife Alice Marie Seguin, who is also the team owner?" A guy ask me in the press conference before our game Thursday night.
"We are back together."
"So even though you cheated on her, neither of you want to go through with the divorce?" A woman ask and I can feel the head in the room now.
"Alice and I talk and I know what I did was wrong, probably the biggest mistake of my life. My focus now is her, our two beautiful children and hockey. We are stronger as a family and we will get through it." I answer and she nods with a shrug.
"Tyler how do you feel about being made an Alternate?"
"It's a great responsibility and I am honored to have been chosen for the spot."
"Tyler, Isn't a marriage a great responsibility also? You didn't do to good with that, do you think you'll let the team down." Ask the same lady from early and I shoot a quick glance and our PR person who is sitting next to me.
"No comment." He answers for me.
"Tyler do you think your affair will affect the way your fans look at you?" This was a question I've been asked before but apparently they thought they needed to repeat history sense Alice and I have gotten back together.
"I'm a human being, I make mistakes. My wife forgave me and I hope that my fans can as well."
"That's all for today!" My PR guy yells out and they start shouting questions but ignore them all as I get the hell out of there and head to the locker room.
"Dude they were brutal." Jamie says and I nod in agreement.
"Yeah.. that chick wouldn't let it go." I say with a shake of my head.
"Oh hey! Give Alice a call. She wanted to bring the kids down before the game." Rich tells me and I smile like an idiot before pulling out my phone and hitting "Wifey" under my favorites.
"That press Co was awful Tyler." She says as soon as she picks up.
"Eh it's whatever, I've gotten use to it. Are you gonna bring the kids by?" I ask hopeful and she lets out a little laugh.
"Of course. We have Candace with us, we will be right there."
"Ok see you soon. I love you."
"I love you baby." She says before hanging up. Ok so maybe we are extremely mushy gushy but you know what… I don't give a fuck. Take my man card! I don't even care any more.
"Seguin!" Coach Ruff calls and I look up at him. "Can we get an in locker room interview please?"
"Sure… why not through me under the bus a little more." I joke with a laugh and the guys join me. Right as the guy sits next to me in a stall Alice and Candace walk in and my little 19 month old comes running, the best she can, towards me and into my arms.
"Does the family want to join?" The guy ask Alice with a smile and she shakes her head.
"Savvy can represent." She says with a smile and gives me a quick kiss before backing up as the interview starts.
"I'm Henry Connor here with Tyler Seguin, Alternate Captain of the Dallas Stars. Tyler are you doing and how do you feel about the new title?"
"I'm doing great! Uhm I feel incredibably honored to be made an alternate captain and I'm gonna try my best to do a great job."
"Now who is this adorable little girl you have with you?" He ask and I smile down at Savvy and she gives me a cheesy grin.
"This is my little girl Savvy Monroe. Savvy can you say hi?" I ask her and she nods.
"Hi. I Savvy Mo. Play Hockey!" She yells the last part excitedly and we all laugh.
"Tyler we know you also welcomed a new addition to the NHL's Perfect family. How are you doing with that?" The NHL's perfect family? When the hell did we earn that title?
"Yeah, Thomas Paul Seguin. He is almost three weeks old and tonight is actually his first hockey game. Uhm we are doing good. I mean there is nothing like being a father and holding your child so… It's pretty incredible."
"Do you have any comment on the rumors about Alice Seguin thoughts of selling the team?" He ask me and I shoot a glance to Alice who looks just as surprised as I am and she shakes her head no with a shrug.
"They are just that. Rumors. The Dallas Stars is a family owned team and that's just what our team is, a family."
"This is the last year to your four year contract, are you worried about getting traded?" He ask me and I shrug.
"I guess I'm just gonna have to play really heard and show them why I should stay in Dallas."
"Thanks for your time Tyler. Have a great game!"
"Thank you." I say and they cut the cameras off and Alice replaces his spot next to me and she gives me a hug and a kiss. "Where is my little man!" I call and Candace sets down his carrier and pulls the blanket off so I can see him, both my kids rocking #91 Stars jerseys.
"You know how much crap we have gotten about bringing them to a game?" Candace ask and Valeri looks up.
"But they in Box. Not loud."
"exactly!" She says. She gives me a quick hug before going over and talking to Jamie Oleksiak, sense the break up with lane last season and his trade, they have gotten kind of close. At least that's what I picked up on. Alice takes Savvy out of my arms so I can pick up Thomas who wakes up and looks at me with his big brown eyes. I kiss his head and start my baby talk.
"Tyler are you ready?" Windy ask as she walks into the locker room and I glance at Alice who doesn't look too happy. She looks at Coach Lindy Ruff and he walks over.
"Who is she?"
"She is one of the new massage therapist."
"Really Lindy?" She ask and he closes his eyes as he realizes whatever it was that has Alice pissed off.
"I'm so sorry Alice. I didn't hire her…
"What's wrong?" I ask and Alice turns to me and in a whisper so no one else can hear tells me.
"I'm not ok with another rubbing her hands all over you, no matter what it's for… I'm sorry Tyler I just…"
"I understand." I grab her hand gently with my free hand and give her a sweet simple kiss. "I like Mike better anyways." I tell her with a wink and she smiles. I kiss Tommy once more before placing him back his carrier and I receive a big hug from my little girl. "I love you."
"I love you. Play hard. Play safe."
"Always." I leave the locker room the meet up with Mike. I couldn't be made at Alice for not wanting Windy's hands all over me, and I wasn't mad at all. It wasn't worth a fight to me. Alice and our children are what's most important.
♠ ♠ ♠
thoughts please:) i really need your thoughts and ideas. I'm still in bed resting from my surgery so now is a good time to write.