Status: Sequal!!!

Even Broken Hearts Mend

FIVE

"Jackie I think that would be great! You guys can see the kids again and Tyler isn't playing this game anyways so we can all watch it together. We have room here at the house."
"Alright well I'll go ahead and book the flight."
"Don't you do a thing! I already got it taken care of. I emailed you the tickets."
"Oh Alice! You didn't need to do that." My mother in law argues but I shrug.
"It's the least I could do."
"Well then we will see you tomorrow night."
"By see you soon!" I say before hanging up and walking into the living room. I smile when I see Tyler with his feet up on the coffee table, Savvy asleep with her head on his lap and a sleep Thomas on his chest. "Hey honey, just got off the phone with your mom." I tell him quietly and sit next to him.
"Oh yeah?" He ask and I nod.
"They will be here tomorrow night." I tell him and he smiles.
"Good I'm glad." I give him a quick kiss and my phone starts vibrating signaling I have a call.
"Hmm.. It's Cassidy I'll be right back." I say and walk away before answering the call, not wanting to wake the kids. "Hey Cassidy what's up?" I ask my youngest sister in law.
"Well mom just told me we are heading to your place for Thanksgiving."
"Well I was hoping you could come but I understand if…"
"Well I want to but…"
"But what?"
"Well I have a boyfriend and I wanted to bring him." She admits and I can't help but smile. Her first year in college, 18 years old and our little Cassidy is growing up.
"How long have you been dating?" I ask, wanting to make sure this kid was safe.
"Sense the beginning of the school year. He is on the university hockey team, he is the captain."
"Well I don't see why not. You will be staying at Candace's though and he will be sleeping here. None of that same room crap. Or Candace can sleep here and you two girls can have the game room."
"Oh my gosh thank you so much Alice! You are the best!"
"No problem! I'll email your mom another ticket. By girly."
"By Alice love you!"
"Love you too." I say before hanging up and walking back to Tyler who hasn't moved.
"What was that about?" He ask and he smiles when he sees my smile.
"Cassidy is bringing her boyfriend." I tell him and he looks at me with wide eyes and the smile is gone.
"Say what?"
"I guess he is the Captain of the University's Ice Hockey team and they have been dating sense the beginning of the school year. I said why not."
"Oh lord Alice.." He says with a sigh.
"What?" I ask confused.
"This is gonna be so funny." He tells me with a laugh and finally I smile, not worried about his reaction any more.
"Has she told you about him?"
"Are you kidding me? She barely talked me the whole 8 months we weren't together. I think she hates me." He says and I shake my head.
"She doesn't hate you baby. You are her big brother and she is very proud of you." I kiss him quickly. "You going to be ok to go watch the game with all of us?" I ask and he nods.
"Of course."
"Good! What do you want for dinner?"
.
.
.
.
Tyler's POV
"So have you seen him?"
"I've seen a picture." Candace answer. She is sitting on the couch next to me making baby faces at Thomas.
"You are probably scaring my son! He doesn't like the duck face!"
"Shut up Tyler! He likes me better than you!" She says and sticks her tongue out, Thomas laughs.
"Thanks for going to the dark side kid." I shake my head and look over at Savvy coloring. "So what's he look like?"
"You really don't think you're going to like him huh?"
"I just don't understand why my sisters have to date hockey players."
"Oh by the way, Jamie is coming over for thanksgiving dinner."
"Bullshit." I say and she gives me a dirty look. "Alice is going to kill you."
"I already told her! So suck it!"
"How did we go from having like no Thanksgiving to having eleven people."
"Well it's more like ten, I don't consider the ankle biters counting as wholes."
"That's rude Candace." I tell her and she just laughs. We here the door unlock and we both look at each other before standing up. "Don't drop my son asshole."
"Wouldn't think of it Douche." She sticks out her tongue again.
"Savvy come see mamma and papa." I tell her and she smiles and runs over to me, jumping in my arms. "I can't believe Cassidy is old enough to bring a boyfriend home."
"Seriously it makes me feel old."
"you're 21 now."
"You're about to be 25. Suck it."
"Get a new phrase!"
"Stop arguing you two!" My mother says as she walks in and pulls me into a hug. "Oh look at you Tyler. So handsome." We all exchange hugs except for the mystery guy and Mom ends up with Savvy in her arms and Dad steels Thomas.
"He is going to be a great hockey player! Just like his daddy." My dad says admiring his grandson.
"Guys, this is Brant. Brant this is my brother Tyler and my sister Candace." Cassidy introduces us and he shakes our hands, a firm shake that I couldn't really complain about.
"It's nice to finally meet you guys. Cassidy always talks about how important her family is." He says and I raise an eyebrow at Cass, what a load of bull but I smile anyways.
"Well we are glad you could make it, Aren't we Tyler?" Alice says and I nod.
"What? Oh yeah. Sorry man, this concussion has me pretty messed up. My apologies."
"No worries. I understand." He is about my height with short blonde hair and broad shoulder. I don't like. Well it's not that I don't like him I just don't like anyone dating my baby sister.
"Ok so ya'll know where you'll be staying except you Brant so Cassidy why don't you show him and I'll take your things to the game room with Candace's."
"Sounds good Alice."
♠ ♠ ♠
Haha thanksgiving should be fun! thoughts loves??