Status: Sequal!!!

Even Broken Hearts Mend

NINE

I pull her into a hug and she sobs into my shoulder. "Candace it's ok. Alright? It's going to be ok. I'll be here every step of the way and so will Jamie. I know he will!"
"But what if he doesn’t?" She ask, now wiping her tears.
"He will." I tell her confidently.
"Oh god! Tyler is going to hate me…"
"He will not hate you Candace! You are his sister!" I hear the alarm announce that the front door is opened and she looks at me wide eyes. "Why don't you wait here and I'll send him up. He needs to know before anyone else." I tell her and she nods. I kiss her head before leaving our bathroom and heading down stairs.
"Hey babe." He says and pulls me into his arms.
"Hey uhm can I talk to you really fast?" I ask him and he pulls back and looks at me worried.
"What's wrong?" He ask me.
"Ok look do not get mad and hear me out."
"Of course." He says.
"Candace is upstairs in our bathroom and she is crying…"
"What did he do? I swear I'll kill him…"
"Tyler shut up! Listen to me like I asked please!" I tell him and he lets out a deep breath. "Don't be mad at him he didn't do anything. Listen, she really needs you right now Tyler and she doesn't need you mad at her. She needs her brother."
"Alice you're scaring me…"
"Tyler she is pregnant." I tell him and he looks at me with sad eyes and I see them get glossy. I pull him into a hug.
"Is she ok?"
"She is scared… Why don't you go up stairs and talk to her. Tell her we are here for her no matter what." I tell him and he nods. He kisses me quickly and then runs up the stairs. I walk over to a sleeping Thomas and pick him up, holding him close in my arms. Was Candace ready for this? Could she handle it? It is, without a doubt one of the hardest things we have to do, but also one of the most amazing.
"Momma?" Savvy ask and comes over to me.
"Yes baby girl?"
"Juice?"
"Of course." I hold her hand with one hand while holding Thomas in my other arm and we walk slowly together to the kitchen. I get her Sippy cup and pore her some juice all with one hand and hand it to her.
"Tank You!" I smile as she goes back to her toys. I notice Tyler following Candace down the stairs. "Look Can-Can! Juice!" Savvy says happily and Candace breaks a smile. She walks into my open arms and I hug her tightly.
"I'm afraid to tell Jamie."
"Do you want me to go with you?" I offer but she shakes her head. "No, I was suppose to go over right now anyways so, I'll break the news then."
"Alright will you call me afterwards please?"
"Of course." She says before hugging us both one more time and walking out the door.
"I can't believe Candace is going to have a baby."
"Yeah I know. I'm just hoping goes over smoothly with Jamie."
"Yeah he is a good guy. It will be ok."
.
.
.
My phone rings an hour later and I jump up to get it. I see Candace name and answer it quickly.
"Hello?" I ask and I hear her on the other line.
"Hey Alice. Everything is ok. We talked about it, we don't have a plan yet but we will figure it out." She has a small smile, I can tell everything is actually going ok over there. We hang up and I walk into the living room where my little family are on their favorite napping spots. Tyler laying on the couch with an almost 3 month old Thomas on his chest and Savvy cuddled up on his side. I take my phone and snap a quick picture of them, quickly setting it as my wallpaper.
"Al?" Tyler says sleepily and I kneel next to them.
"Yes my love?"
"Was that Candace?" He ask and I nod, his eyes now open and he looks at me, or at the TV that’s on mute behind me.
"Yeah it was. She said everything is ok over there."
"Good I'm glad. He is a good guy and she has us so…" He stops midsentence and I can see him focusing on the tv behind me. "Alice unmute the TV." He says and I look at him confused but do as I'm told and he sits up carefully, moving Savvy a little but not waking her up.
I see what has made Tyler look so worried. The NHLN is showing a picture of our family, Myself with Tyler and the kids and we both listen to what they are saying…
"As most people know, NHL Dallas Stars Alternate Captain Tyler Seguin was part of a cheating scandal around 14 months ago. The pair mended their marriage but is it over yet…" Tyler's phone goes off and he answers it.
"What the hell is going on?" He ask, I know it's his manager but we are both quiet as we continue to watch the TV.
"The "Other Woman" has stepped forward but she isn't alone." It shows a picture of a woman, apparently the one Tyler cheated on me with and she isn't alone at all. She is holding a baby girl, who looks just a little younger than Thomas. "She claims that the child is Seguin's but the NHL star's rep hasn't had any comment yet. We will have more for you on this as soon as we have more information." My hand is over my mouth and I feel sick. I feel humiliated all over again. Thomas is now in his little bassinette and Tyler is still on the phone with his manager.
"Fix it Andrew! That's not my child!" He yells and then hangs up. He looks so worried and so scared as his looks at me, but I can't meet his eyes. I stand up and dart to the bathroom, emptying my lunch into the toilet and subbing as I collapse on the floor, my back to the tub and my knees pulled up to my chest. Tyler rushes in and kneels in front of me, "Alice…"
"Is it yours?" I ask him and look him dead in the eye. "Do you even know?" I ask and he looks down, a tear slipping down his face.
"I don't know."
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't worry too much! But let me know what you think:)