Status: still writitng

Simple Things

chapter two.

Suddenly all of those sappy love songs made perfect sense! Every single one seemed to speak to my heart and make the butterflies flutter even more.
My feet made clicking noises as I walked down the side walk towards the park. My hands were shaking and once in a while I would shiver, but not because I was cold, the nervousness had taken over.
When I saw him sitting there on a perfect little plaid blanket with a medium sized brown picnic basket, it was like I forgot how to breathe. My chest was tight and my cheeks were to the full extent, apple red. I hurried over there fearing the thought that he might leave or even disappear.
The smile across his face was very friendly and pearly white. I sat down next to him and bent my legs so that no one could see between my legs.
“hey” he said smiling at me.
“hi”
“I'm glad you could make it!” he said gesturing with his arms towards the deserted park.
“yeah, me too” was all I could seem to say, but even that came out like a mumble.
“everything okay?” he asked looking a bit concerned.
“yeah, just dandy” I said knowing that I sounded like the virgin from home schooling hell.
“Alright, so do you like ham or baloney?” he asked pulling out two sandwiches.
“Ham please” I said taking it out of his hand and smiling at him.
“good choice” he said putting the baloney one back into the basket and pulling out another ham one for himself. The next moment seemed exactly like a moment in a cheesy movie. Easton pulled out two champagne glasses and some sparkling grape juice. He poured me a glass holding it from the very bottom part of the stem, his tan hands seemed too large for such a delicate item. But he looked as if he poured it with ease.
“thanks” I said taking the glass from his hand and taking a sip. One single question burned my mind and I knew I had to ask it or my head might just randomly combust into flames.
“Do you take all the girls you meet on dates like this?” I asked trying to sound casual and nonchalant.
“Violet, your like a locked book, you have a beautiful cover and a golden lock, I wish so badly to open you up and read what you are all about, because I believe, behind that mask you are wearing there is someone incredibly beautiful, more beautiful than the mask even.” The way he said my name reminded me of satin. But the context in what he said was even more meaningful. He couldn't possibly be faking could he? No way.
“oh” was all I could muster. My eyes wandered to his while I nibbled on my sandwich. They were so sincere and had not even a hint of embarrassment. He reminded me of a perfect statue, like in Greek mythology he would be Zeus, perfectly sculpted with all of the power in the universe.
“I didn't mean to scare you off, I just had to tell you” He said a flash of embarrassment crossed his face but only for an instant.
“You didn't, what you said was actually very divine” I responded quickly looking at his eyes again. The look was different this time, more compassionate. He didn't say anything else, he just wrapped his muscular arm around my shoulder. I sipped some more of the grape juice, enjoying the way it slightly fizzed as it slid down my throat.
Easton's hands slowly slipped into the old style basket and pulled out a plate. And sitting on that plate was the most appetizing food I had ever seen in my entire life. It was chocolate cake, but it had melted chocolate frosting on top as if it were dripping down. My mouth watered at the sight.
Generally speaking my piece was relatively large. But I ate every last crumb. To be honest if he wasn't there I would have licked the plate.
“So What brings you to red bank?” I asked warmly wiping my mouth on a napkin.
“My family decided that they were sick of the bustling city life for the summer and we headed out here” He exclaimed.
“Where were you before?” I questioned.
“New york city” He admitted .
“wow, whats that like? I've heard fashion week is A-mazing” I blurted out.
“It's busy” he chuckled. I blushed realizing I must have sounded like a school girl with a crush on a highschooler.
“So how long have you been in Red bank?” he asked raising an eyebrow.
“For as long as I can remember, my parents said I lived in Seattle until I was four, but of course I don't remember” I laughed.
“Of course not” he retorted with a smile.
Soon enough it was getting later and the sky was changing from bright blue to a light orange mixed with cotton candy pink. Easton folded up the blanket and stuffed it into the now almost empty picnic basket. He held the basket on one arm and his other arm was around my shoulder. But eventually I felt his arm start drifting, but surprisingly he took ahold of my hand in his and intertwined our fingers.
This felt so right! Us , our hands and even our feet had the same pattern. Even though I was wearing heels.
When we finally got to my walk way I turned towards him.
“thanks for such an amazing day” I chirped.
“It was my pleasure” He said moving towards me. Easton was so close I could feel his breath on my cheek and his cologne was intoxicating. It seemed to make every single cell in my body drunk. Then I felt it, his lips softly touched my cheek with the most delicate touch. Passion burned inside of me like a fire. Then he began to walk away. Before I knew what I was doing I yelled.
“Easton wait!” He turned towards me and I was about an inch away from his face before I knew what I was doing.
I grabbed his face and let the passion consume me. My lips crashed into his like waves against the sand. At first he was stunned but then he realized what was happening and kissed back with such force that if his arms weren't wrapped around me I might just fall over. He picked me up just slightly but I could tell that is was no strain for him.
When we finally let go, it was dark.
“see you soon” he said walking back towards the street. I gave him the key to my lock. I was an open book.