Status: Done.

Running from the Rain

It takes more.

After the whole situation with John, Charlee wasn't sure if she wanted to go out with Jenna and her friends anymore. She had too much on her mind and she feared she would say something she shouldn't say to the girl.

Charlee sighed as she finished straightening her hair from the long shower she had taken after her talk with Carrie.

Unfortunately the long shower didn't help anything become more clear.

She hadn't even dared to look at her phone yet just continued to get ready and right as she turned the flat iron off, her bedroom door opened and John stood there with a serious look on his face.

"Uh, hey?"

"Why aren't you answering my text?"

"Because I just got out of the shower and was getting ready and I haven't looked at my phone." She said slowly as she placed her hands on her hips.

His sternness seemed to falter and he crossed his arms.

"Are you ok?" She asked nervously.

John just stared at her, unsure if that was a trick question or not. Even more so, he wasn't sure if they were pretending like last night didn't happen or not.

"Nothing." He whispered, immediately regretting his word choice since he knew how she felt about it.

"So you come over and barge in just to find out if my phone is working?" She asked leaning closer to the mirror as she put on mascara.

He didn't respond just watched her and she eventually turned to face him.

"Seriously, are you ok?"

"No."

She raised an eyebrow at him and he ran his hand through his hair, "Just forget about it. I'm going to go. I got practice in a bit since we have that gig Saturday."

She quickly stepped to him grabbing his hand, "John..."

"I'm gonna be late." He mumbled.

"You came over! I didn't make you! So talk to me."

"I just wanted to make sure everything was ok between us after last night..." He got out as he rubbed his neck, uncomfortable about the conversation already.

"I mean, yeah, I guess."

"You guess?"

"I mean, I wasn't going to bring it up so..."

"So, we're just going to pretend like nothing happened?" He asked, unsure if he was ok with that.

Her eyes met his, his hand still resting in hers.

"I just need to know." He mumbled, focusing on their hands in order to avoid her eyes.

"Do you want to?" She asked and he breathed in deeply as his mind wondered off.

"I just want what you want, Charlee."

She rolled her eyes, "Vague of you."

He glanced up at her as she removed her hand from his.

"Where are you going anyways?" He asked, changing the conversation completely.

"With Jenna remember."

"Right." He mumbled and she looked up from her shoes.

"You said you were ok with it."

"I know what I said and I'm still ok with it."

She nodded and he glanced at his phone, "I need to go before Kennedy kills me, just don't forget your end of the deal. Have a good time, darlin'."

"My end of the deal?"

"Text me when your home. I worry about you." He said honestly.

"I will. I'm not going to be out late." She whispered.

He nodded, "Have fun."

She nodded and watched him leave. She really just wanted to throw something at him. He was so stubborn. Then again, who was she to judge?

Jenna sighed as she glanced at the clock. She needed to leave if she wanted to make it on time. She grabbed up her bag and her keys before heading to her car. The whole time she was going over John's actions. Did he think she was ignoring him? Was he actually worried about that? She shook her head determined not to think about him.

Once she arrived at the restaurant Jenna had told her about, she walked in and found Jenna at a table with two girls she didn't know.

"Hey girl!" Jenna said happily, "This is Nikki and Cadence. They actually are both dating members of the band Eric is in. And guys this is Charlee."

"John Oh's new girl." Nikki said with a nod, "Nick's mentioned you."

"Oh great."

Jenna laughed, "Nothing bad I'm sure. Where did you leave John at?"

Charlee laughed and ordered a drink before focusing on the girl.

"He had band practice. So it all worked out."

"Oh band practice? Is it the same as Nick and their band practice? Do they just drink and hang out?" Cadence asked with a laugh which Charlee returned, "I'm sure he would like for it to be but Kennedy is pretty serious about it so no."

"He's way meaner than he looks." Jenna joked and Charlee nodded with a laugh. Maybe she could after all make some girl friends. What would be the harm in that?

The girls ended up hitting it off and went from dinner to a bar where they had too many drinks.

"Garett's your brother?!" Charlee asked in surprise and Jenna laughed, "I thought you knew!"

"No! You two look nothing alike and act nothing alike! My mind is blown. I've had too much to drink to be able to take this in."

The girls laughed as Charlee grabbed up her phone and noticed it was two in the morning.

"John is going to kill me!" Charlee groaned once she realized how late it was and that she was in no condition to drive.

"Oh relax, he's done worse." Nikki stated patting her back.

"Are you guys having problems? I mean that fight at the diner the other night...I was just worried about it."

"Oh no. He apologized like right when we left. It was just us getting under each other's skin. We're good." She replied sincerely with a grin and Jenna nodded, "Good. I like you and him together."

"Me too." She replied too honestly and she sighed once she realized how pathetic this was becoming.

"I guess I need to call him so he can come get me."

Jenna chuckled, "I'm going to call Eric to come get the rest of us so I'll come outside with you."

She nodded and the pair left the loud bar immediately. She dreaded hearing his voice as she dialed his number. After two rings he picked up, "Hello?" He roughly said and she shivered from his tone.

"John..."

"Charlee, you ok?" He asked his voice changing instantly from sleepy to concerned.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just need a ride, I can't drive. Well I can, but it's probably not a good idea..."

John sighed, "Where are you?"

"If you don't want to it's fine, I can call..."

"Charlee, where are you?"

"Um, that bar across from that pizza place we went to last week."

"I'll be there in ten."

"Ok." She whispered. Although he was coming he didn't sound happy about it, that was for sure.

"Is he mad?" Jenna asked once she hung up the phone with Eric.

Charlee shrugged, "I think he's a bit aggravated. I told him I wouldn't be out late and he wanted me to text him when I got home and here we are."

Jenna chuckled leaning against the brick wall, "You have no idea how weird this is."

Charlee looked at her with a raised eyebrow and Jenna continued, "John being all boyfriend like. It's just strange and yet I'm glad. I knew he would be good at it."

Charlee simply nodded and leaned beside her as she took in the quiet night air.

"Do you love him?" Jenna asked and Charlee immediately looked at her.

"I won't tell if you do. I just, know the look you have when you look at him. It's how I look at Eric."

Jenna just grinned and Charlee's silence, "It's ok, you know? Because he adores you. I watched him the other night at Kennedy's. Trust me, he feels that way about you. He's just really closed up so I hope you don't give up on him because of that. He's already let you in so much."

Charlee bit her lip and before she could speak John's truck pulled up and the lanky boy climbed out of it. His hair was a bit messy but other than that he looked cute as ever and she had to reframe from staring.

"Getting my girlfriend drunk wasn't on the agenda tonight from what I heard." John spoke to Jenna as he wrapped his arm around Charlee's waist. She was honestly relieved to have him here. She just felt safe with him. Especially when she was intoxicated.

"It wasn't planned."

John sighed, "Do you need a ride?" He asked although he wasn't fond of the idea.

"No Eric is coming to get me and the girls. We will be fine. Just get her home."

John didn't bother to argue just said goodnight before helping Charlee into the truck.

"John..."

"Don't." He mumbled and she sighed as she relaxed her head on the seat.

The pair drove back in silence and once at his house he helped her from the truck again.

"Are you going to talk to me?" She asked and he rolled his eyes, "I don't want to. I'm tired. Maybe tomorrow."

"Maybe tomorrow?! No, we are talking right now." She stated crossing her arms and he threw his hands up, "About what?!"

"Why are you so mad right now?!"

"Because Charlee! You just went out and basically became besties with my ex!"

"John, this is the first time we hung out! No we are not! Just because we got drinks together we are automatically good friends?"

"Basically!"

"You told me it was ok! And yet, why am I even arguing with you about this?! You have no right to be mad! You act like we are together or something! I can hang out with whoever I want!"

John scoffed, "You are the one who wanted to talk about it not me!"

"I'm going home." She mumbled, too intoxicated to argue over something so petty.

"When you decide what you want or what you actually mean to say, let me know."

"What does that even mean?!"

"It means John, since apparently you say one thing and mean another let me know what I can and can't do after you say something!"

Before John could speak, his brother stepped out into the porch and the pair looked over at him.

"Uh, can we take this inside so someone doesn't call the police?" Shane asked and Charlee spoke, "No worries, I'm going home now."

John sighed in frustration as she picked up her bag from the pavement, "Just leave me alone, John. I mean, between me having to wonder if you really mean what you say and also, the whole kissing thing, I just can't deal anymore. I have enough on my plate in case you didn't know."

"The whole kissing thing? Is this what this ordeal is about?! Charlee, as I recall it takes two to kiss."

"I am well aware! But sorry if it doesn't make things any clearer. I mean, I know I may not act like it a lot, but I am a girl and you can't do things like that and expect everything to just be normal afterwards."

John stared at her forgetting his brother was near by as he tried to process her words.

"Do you have feelings for me?" He finally asked and Shane stepped off the porch, "Look, we really need to continue this inside." He stated gently placing his hands on Charlee's shoulders and leading her inside. John followed as he ran his hand through his hair nervously. This was not how he imagined tonight going that was for sure.

"Now, continue as you will." Shane spoke once he had the two securely inside.

John didn't bother to reply as he watched his brother run up the stairs.

"It isn't about feelings John, it's about me not knowing how to act around you after that happens." She replied crossing her arms.

"Well since we can't act normal I don't know how we are suppose to act."

Charlee threw her hands up in defeat and headed towards the door. Before she reached it, he grabbed her wrist spinning her around to face him. His eyes met hers and the pair stood there in silence for what felt like forever.

"Come on." He whispered, reaching behind her and locking the door before he pulled her to his room.

"Did you know Jenna and Garrett are brother and sister?" She asked and he couldn't help but laugh, "I did."

"It's so weird."

"Tell me about it." He responded as she sat on the bed.

"I'm still debating on who's cooler. He's clearly cuter but I'm bias."

John rolled his eyes as he kneeled down to pull off the wedges he didn't even know she would wear. It didn't seem like her.

"Him." He spoke and she shrugged, "You may be bias too though."

"I could be, but..." He spoke, helping her pull of the blue jean jacket she had thrown over her summer dress.

"...It's the truth. I've hung out with both more times than I want to admit to."

She nodded and he pulled her to her feet.

"John..."

He locked eyes with her as he stepped to her once he found something for her to change into.

"I don't like fighting with you."

"We aren't fighting, darlin'." He whispered, reaching behind her to unzip her dress enough for her to not have trouble getting it off.

"You know what I mean."

He cupped her face, kissing her forehead gently, "Go change."

She nodded in response as she headed to the bathroom. John sighed falling back into the bed. Things we're becoming so complicated between them and he knew it was all his fault. He had to fix this somehow.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feelings are definitely surfacing now! <3

So, is anyone a fan of Taking Back Sunday? I'm a bit fond of their new album, but I can't help but feel like it sounds like Straylight Run fronted by Adam Lazzara and I truly hate that. It makes me feel very indifferent about them and I've been listening to them for ten years. :/ I've been holding my breath for the past few albums hoping for something a bit more like Tell All Your Friends or Where You Want To Be. I know bands change, but still.... Ok my rant for the day is over.

Thanks for commenting;
Chelsea13 (yes, I put subliminal messages in my stories, you caught me! :p )
Ryanadams (Here's you an update! Lol)
Galaxydefender; (Thank you!)
Recycledsweaters (No, thank you for being you!)
Lex; (sorry to disappoint! Lol)
Everdeen (Very good point! I just feel like those songs are so personal that if they are just letting us know what they want us to know, then what could they be hiding? because it's pretty deep already! Ha.)