Status: Done.

Running from the Rain

Double or nothing.

"Lovers spat?" Garrett asked once she met him at the door.

She rolled her eyes, "Shut it."

He chuckled letting her in and she was immediately tackled by pat.

"I'm so glad you're coming!"

"Yeah, and how did that go with John?"

She shrugged, "He's hanging out with Ken and Jared. I mean I invited him, but you know...And I'm pretty certain he thinks you and I like each other."

Garrett scoffed, "Of course he does."

She sighed as she fell onto the couch.

"He likes you just so you know."

She shrugged, "I guess."

"Well come on, let's go eat." Pat said pulling her from the couch.

She chuckled as they climbed in Garrett's car. She and to admit she felt better just hanging out with them. It made her forget about everything going on with John. Of course that only lasted for a few hours. Once she found herself back at Garrett's playing video games and drinking she found herself thinking about the boy like always.

Charlee sighed as she relaxed her head on Garrett's shoulder who chuckled from the action.

"What is it?"

"I miss John." She mumbled, the alcohol clearly taking over.

"Want me to call him? You know Kennedy only lives like a street over..."

"No, it's ok." She sighed and he chuckled moving from the couch, "I'll be right back."

Before she could object Pat launched into a story and she forgot all about it.

Garrett however walked into the kitchen as he called John. Who of course picked up instantly.

"Hey are you sober?" Garrett asked and John spoke, "Sort of, why?"

"Because if I have to hear about you anymore tonight I'll scream."

Butterflies immediately filled John's gut, "Ok?"

"As in, as much as I love Charlee, come get her. She just wants to see you."

"Is she drunk? Because I don't know if I can drive to be honest, man."

"Uh, well a little. I wouldn't let her drive."

John sighed debating on what to do because even if he didn't say so, he wanted to see her.

"Can you drive?" John asked, "You can bring her here. Plus you and Pat can come chill with us."

"Prepare yourself for Charlee and Pat together just so you know."

John chuckled, "So see you in a minute?"

Garrett hung up the phone, leaving the kitchen to find both of them laughing hysterically.

"Come on silly kids. We are going to Kennedy's."

Pat didn't object just grabbed up his jacket and followed everyone out. They arrived at the guy's house seconds later and the front door opened before they even knocked, not that Garrett was planning to.

"Well hello kids." Jared said clearly a bit intoxicated. Charlee chuckled as she patted his shoulder before walking past him.

Johns eyes hadn't moved from her since she stepped in and he couldn't seem to do anything else but watch her. She said hey to Kennedy before making her way over and sitting beside the nervous boy now.

"Hey you." He spoke coolly and she didn't bother to respond just relaxed her head on his shoulder.

"You ok?" He asked sliding his hand over hers.

"Mhm."

"I don't know what mhm means..."

"I'm ok." She whispered and he watched as she slid her fingers between his.

"Were you missing me?" He asked softly and she cuddled closer to him.

"Maybe."

"Maybe? well I was missing you." He whispered. She looked up at him and he kissed her cheek.

"Let's go home." He mumbled.

"I can't drive."

He chuckled, "I know sweetie."

"Can you?"

"No, but Garrett can. Or we can just crash here."

"Either or is fine." She mumbled shutting her eyes and he tightened his grasp on her.

"Come on baby." He gently pulled her from the couch, "Hey Ken, care if we crash here?"

"I care if you're planning on doing bad things in my guest room."

John rolled his eyes, "We're just going to sleep."

"Sure, I've heard that before. Just clean up after yourself. You know, like wash the sheets in the morning."

John shot his middle finger up at him and the others laughed including Charlee as he pulled her up to a spare room.

"Idiots." He mumbled locking the door behind him.

She giggled as she kicked off her shoes and he watched her as he pulled his shirt off. She looked up at him and he held out his shirt without a word. She grinned before stripping from her clothes and sliding on his shirt. The smell of him now overwhelming her senses.

"Come on pretty girl." He whispered pulling her to the bed. The pair climbed into the bed and he pulled her and the cover closer.

"I thought I was going to be spending the night without you." He whispered.

"You should be." She mumbled back and he kissed her neck.

"Don't be like that, can you just pretend to like me right now so I can just hold you?"

She sighed as she relaxed in his arms and he kissed the back of her neck causing her to shiver as his lips trailed from her neck to her shoulder where the shirt had fallen off a bit.

"I'm trying. So can you stop giving me so much shit?"

She turned in his arms to look at him and his green eyes narrowed at her.

"I didn't do or say anything."

"You don't have to."

She rolled her eyes and he brought his hand to her chin, kissing her instantly.

"Stop it. Stop overthinking, stop acting like I'm a bad guy. I like you. You like me. Fuck. Just stop being mad at me." He stated grabbing the side of her shirt.

She glared at him and he kissed her lips once more.

"Just stop..." He mumbled, "I only want you."

"Only you." He whispered against her lips. She raised up to kiss him and he grabbed her instantly, hovering over her as their lips stayed connected.

"Ok, so I'll wash the fucking sheets." He grumbled pulling at her shirt and she couldn't help but laugh.

"John we can't."

"Yes we can." He mumbled kissing down her neck.

"We really shouldn't do this anyways."

"Why not? If you say because we aren't in a relationship I'll push you off this bed."

"No you won't."

He groaned as he locked eyes with her, "Is this you punishing me?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

"John..."

He frowned, "Then tell me, Charlee, why did it happen last night? Was that just a mistake to you? A fluke of some sort?"

"It wasn't a mistake."

John sighed and rolled onto his back.

"Feels like it." He grumbled placing his hands behind his head.

"John..." She said seriously as she locked eyes with him.

"Goodnight, Charlee."

She groaned before climbing from the bed.

"Where are you going?" He asked and he watched her pull on her jeans.

"Garrett will take me home."

He sat up in bed and glared at her, "I swear Charlee you drive me fucking crazy. Stop being so fucking dramatic."

"I'm being dramatic? Right. Well whatever helps you sleep tonight."

He groaned and moved from the bed grabbing her by her arms.

"Listen to me."

Her eyes met his and he sighed, "Charlee, fuck. Don't do this to me." He said seriously.

"What? Not have sex with you?"

John rolled his eyes, "No, don't leave. Please. Just stay. We can sleep with pillows between us if that'll make it better. Just stay."

Her eyes met his and he tugged on his hair in frustration as he waited for a response.

She sighed as she kicked her shoes back off and he didn't even move until she was in bed.

He turned on his side to face her and she moved closer to him, pressing her hand to his cheek.

John shut his eyes, as she began running her fingers into his hair.

"I wish you would just I don't know, talk to me."

"I do talk to you."

"Not really."

He sighed, "It's just hard to explain, Charlee."

"I know." She whispered touching her forehead to his, "I know."

"Why do you like me?" He asked softly, thinking if he heard it from her he would feel better about everything going on.

She tried not to bark out a witty response, knowing very well he meant that seriously.

"How couldn't I John?" She asked and he wrapped his arm around her, "I can think of several reasons."

"I like you because you like books and poetry and you actually listen and how profoundly attractive I find you when you smile. I'm not talking about that half hearted smile you give just because you feel it's necessary. I'm talking about the one you use when you sincerely feel happiness, or when you find something funny. That's my favorite."

He stared at her from his pillow as she continued, "I don't know. John, I like you which means, I like everything about you regardless of what you think. I like your hair when you first wake up, and when you try too hard to impress me like cooking for me, and how I can tell that you're over thinking everything before you kiss me."

He narrowed his eyebrows together in thought as he tried to figure out if he did that or not. She chuckled and he looked at her again.

"Like right now." She whispered although he was already leaning in to connect their lips.

"You wanna know something?" He whispered as he hovered over her.

"What?"

"When I was with Jenna or whatever you call it, I thought I would never meet someone like her ever again. That she was as good as it gets, you know? And yeah. She's not a bad person, I know I say not so great things about her but she's really not. But then I met you and I just, I feel like, wow. You are more than I ever imagined. Jenna was what I imagined someone being. You're just, you're you and even better you get me. I know that's cheesy and what not, but you mean a lot to me. You're perfect." He whispered to her as he started at her intently.

"I'm not perfect."

"You are for me."

She grinned as she pulled him closer, "You're very sweet, O'Callaghan."

"Not really."

She nodded and a smile lined his lips.

"To me you are."

He shrugged lightly before she kissed him.

"I thought you said none of this?" He asked after several minutes of kissing.

"I changed my mind."

"Oh and that's ok?" He asked with a smirk.

She nodded and he chuckled before pressing his lips to her cheek.

"You're something else, Charlee." He mumbled falling beside her and wrapping her in his arms.

She didn't bother to respond just cuddled to his chest and before she knew it they both were asleep. Maybe John could be in a relationship after all. For some reason Charlee made it seem not so bad.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh, Sweet John. :3

Thanks for commenting;
Chelsea13
RecycledSweaters (eat chicken...don't be a chicken. Words to live by. Haha.)
Lovelyhope (Well, yes, A very typical boy. Haha)
Georggthomas
:))