Status: Done.

Running from the Rain

You got me.

"John." Charlee whined from the floor as she tried to unload some of the boxes. John had finally found him a place after looking at every apartment in the area basically.

"Yes, love?" He asked as he sat a box on the couch that him and Garrett managed to bring inside by themselves. He would never do that again he was certain.

"I'm over this." She stated falling onto her back dramatically.

He chuckled, "You don't have to do anymore."

"Good and I'm starving."

He laughed once more as he moved and stared down at her.

"I can order us some food. Any other complaints that I can fix?" He asked with an amused grin.

"I need a drink."

"I have beer in the fridge."

"You're amazing."

He chuckled as he sat down in the floor beside her. She watched him as he hovered over her.

"What do you want to eat, baby?" He asked brushing back her hair and she shrugged. He kissed her lips sweetly and the pressed his lips to her forehead.

"Pizza ok?"

She nodded and he kissed her once more before fishing in his phone from his pocket.

Things had been good the past few days. It had felt like they were an actual couple even if that wasn't the truth. Maybe she was just living in her made up happiness.

"Yeah, ok. Thanks." John spoke into the phone before ending the call.

"20 minutes. Will you survive?"

"I don't know, it's going to be real close."

He chuckled placing his hand on her side as he leaned down to kiss her.

"Tell you what, why don't you help me finish putting the bed up and we will call it a day."

"Ok." She mumbled as he pulled her from the floor.

By the time they finished messing with the bed the doorbell went off and John quickly headed to the door. She met him in the kitchen as she grabbed two beers from the refrigerator.

The pair sat in the floor of his living room and ate in a comfortable silence. John watched her as his mind raced. In a way he was tired of holding back, especially when it came to her.

"Charlee..."

She looked up at him and he breathed in before speaking, "Be my girlfriend."

"What?"

"My girlfriend." He repeated slowly.

"Why?"

"Why?" He questioned with a confused face.

"Why now?"

"Because, I've just been thinking about it a lot lately and I just want to be with you and none of that other shit matters."

She looked back down at the half eaten slice of pizza.

"Isn't that what you want?" He asked hesitantly.

"Yeah. I do."

"Then what's wrong?" He asked softly as her eyes met his.

"Are you sure that's what you want?" She asked seriously and he nodded, "Yeah, it is."

"Unless you don't anymore..."

"No, I do."

He nodded before grabbing for her hand and pulling her into his lap.

"You sure?" He asked softly as he brushed back her hair.

She nodded and he pulled her in to kiss her.

"Good."

She gave him a grin before kissing him once more.

"Is that why you wanted the bed together?" She questioned and he scoffed, "no, but now that you mention it."

She laughed as he grabbed her up and carried her to his room.

"John." She said through her laughter as he laid her on the bed.

He chuckled as he laid beside her.

"I'm tired." He mumbled and she brought her hand to his face, her fingers tracing over his jaw.

"Let's take a nap." She stated as his eyes shut.

"Mhm." He mumbled wrapping his arm around her waist.

"Charlee..." He whispered out as she relaxed against his chest and shut her eyes.

"Mhm?"

"I love you. I hope that's ok to say, I'm really shitty at timing, but it's how I feel." He mumbled out glad she wasn't looking at him at the moment.

When the girl didn't respond, he whispered her name only to then realize she was asleep. He breathed in, cuddling her to him. Maybe there was in fact a better timing for that.

He woke the next morning to a loud noise and he sat up a bit confused as he looked around the room. The girl once in his arms was missing and he groaned as he left the room in order to make sure she was ok. He checked his phone as he headed to the kitchen where he heard the noise coming from.

"What are you doing?" He questioned as he entered the kitchen. Everything they had previously purchased the day before was now all placed where it should be.

"You know, today you need to go to the grocery store."

"I need to? Why can't you?"

"Because it's not my house."

"And yet you want food not me."

She shot him a look and he groaned, "Fine, I'll go. If you go with me."

"Fine."

He grinned before kissing her cheek gently.

"So why are you up so early?" He asked as he looked around, "...and fixing everything up?"

"My mom called and said they had to take Carrie to the hospital, but that she is ok, so I am trying not to think about it and make a big deal out of nothing again." She mumbled as she placed a plate into the cabinet.

John stepped behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist tightly.

"You could have woke me up." He mumbled as she relaxed against his chest.

"It's not a big deal."

"Yes it is. Anything that matters to you, matters to me." He whispered pressing his lips to her temple.

She sighed before turning around to face him.

"This is what's going to happen. We are going to get dressed, get some breakfast, and then go see Carrie."

She nodded as she bit her bottom lip. It was moments like this that made her realize how amazing he truly was.

He pulled her in kissing her forehead, "Come on, baby."

She grasped onto his sides holding him in place as their eyes locked.

"You're amazing you know?" She spoke softly and he pulled her to his chest.

"You make me that way. Go get dressed, sweetie." He spoke with a grin before kissing her softly.

She didn't bother to object just headed to her room to get dressed. John sighed as he looked down at his cell phone that he had sat on the counter. The text was still imprinted in his mind and yet he still looked at it.

'Carrie's not doing so good. Don't tell her anything because I know how she is. If you get her here I'll talk to her.'

John ran his hand down his face as he stared blankly at the text from Charlee's mother.

It was going to be a long day.
♠ ♠ ♠
A bit short but I couldn't find a good stopping point. Next chapter will make up for it I swear. But...

Awe, they are officially together. That should make up for it! :3

Thanks for commenting;
Lovelyhope
Everdeen
RecycledSweaters
WhiskeyPrincess118
Chelsea13
:)