Status: Done.

Running from the Rain

Figuring it out.

There wasn't much to Charlee Keaton. Well, at least in her mind their wasn't. She was just a typical 22 year old girl. She grew up in a small town in Ohio, which was nothing like her new residence of Tempe. It wasn't that she hated here, in fact she knew why she had to be, but she missed Ohio. The quietness, the calm it seemed to hold and the people there she found herself missing. Everything was completely different now and she wasn't sure how she felt about that.

Charlee had decided to move with her family which included her parents and her two younger sisters. One of which was the reason for the move. Carrie and Carly. Clearly their mother had a thing for names that started with C's, but what could she do about it now?

"Car, how you feeling today?" She asked the girl who would actually be 19 in a few days.

"Ok today." She replied with a smile. In reality, Charlee and Carrie look nothing a like. Charlee looked more like their dad, which consisted of her dark hair and boring blue eyes. However Carrie looked like their mother which she always envied. Long blonde hair, green eyes and legs that went on for days. She was beautiful and it didn't take Charlee long to figure that out.

Charlee simply nodded before sitting beside the girl on the couch.

"Carly go to work?"

"Yeah, I'm hoping she makes friends before summer is over so she doesn't have to start school knowing no one." Carrie replied with a frown.

Charlee knew she felt bad for making Carly up and leave her life. She was well aware of how hard it was to be in high school and although Carly didn't act like her life was over you could tell she hated it. Then again, Charlee was certain that even if they all hated it they would never tell Carrie.

"Do you hate it here?" Carrie asked and Charlee grinned, "no, not really."

"Because I was thinking maybe you and Carly could go leave with grandma back in Ohio and so Carly could go back to school there."

Charlee rolled her eyes not really fazed by Carrie's selflessness it was typical her.

"No, we are staying."

"There is no point, I mean the doctor... "

"I don't care what the doctor says." She responded cutting off her sister.

Carrie sighed, "Fine, so, who's John?" She asked and with that Charlee's eyes grew wide.

Carrie instantly laughed as she relaxed in her seat, "You're phone went off and his name was on the screen so I assumed I'd ask."

Charlee groaned, "He's just a friend I've made here."

"Just a friend huh? Is he cute?" She mused and Charlee rolled her eyes once more, "I mean to some I assume he is."

"Mhm interesting."

"And with that I'm leaving!" She announced forcing herself from the couch in order to distance herself form her curious sister. Before she could even leave the room a knock on the door caused her to stop. A smile hit Carrie's lips knowing both of them assumed it was the boy in question. The two both flew to the door, Charlee yelling at her sister as she yanked at the handle and a now confused John stared at the two who now seemed out of breath.

"Uh...bad time?" He questioned causing Carrie to laugh. Charlee gave up the fight and sighed, moving back in order to fix her hair.

"No, hi, I'm Carrie, Charlee's sister." Carrie spoke with a smile as she held out her hand.

"I'm..."

"John. I know." She smirked shaking his hand. Charlee shook her head as John gave her an amused look.

"Ah, I see. Well, I was coming to steal her but if you two are in the middle of something I can come back."

"Oh no, we're done. Go ahead. Nice to meet you." She stated with a smile before turning to face her sister and mouthing that he was hot. Charlee rolled her eyes before leaving the house.

"So, should I ask?" John asked laughing as they began the walk back to his house.

"No."

"So you've been talking about me?" He asked with a smirk causing her to glance at him, "Hardly. she saw your name on my phone, jerk."

He laughed, "Hey I would be flattered if you had been."

She chuckled, "I'm sure so."

John smiled as he looked at the girl, "Either way, she seems to act like you."

Charlee laughed, "I assume she does a bit."

"You look nothing alike."

"You can go ahead and say it, she's hot. I'm aware." She said chuckling.

John shook his head, "Hot is so degrading don't you think? Sure, she's pretty, I think you're prettier, but none the less she's a cute girl."

Charlee glanced over at him before focusing on the sidewalk. She could now feel her cheeks burning from the compliment.

Luckily the silence didn't last long because they reached his driveway and he grabbed her wrist before pulling her into his house.

"My brothers are here so I apologize in advance."

"So they must act like you too huh?"

"Ha!"

She chuckled and a grin hit his lips as he pulled her up the stairs to his bedroom. He was certain he had gotten away with getting her in without notice until his youngest brother yelled his name.

He spun around to see Ross with a familiar O'Callaghan smirk on his lips as he leaned on the door frame to his bedroom.

"Sneaking in a girl?"

"Charlee, Ross. Ross, Charlee." John stated boringly and Charlee chuckled, "Hi."

Ross chuckled, "Hi."

John tugged on her hand, "well now that you two have met, bye." He stated pulling her into his room and shutting the door immediately.

Charlee chuckled as she sat on his bed.

"What?" He asked and she shook her head, "You and your brother look just alike."

"Sure, but I'm cuter right?"

"Oh of course."

John chuckled sitting beside her, "So you have two sisters?"

"Yep, and you have two brothers."

"Mhm, odd. It's like we lead the same life."

"Except you are in a band."

"Mhm, right, but you hang out with me so..."

She chuckled laying back on his bed and he watched her from where he sat. He honestly had no explanation as to why he liked hanging out with her but lately he found himself wanting to be around her more than he wanted to be around the guys.

"You know..." He started as he made himself comfortable, "I feel like you know way more about me than I know about you."

"Oh is that so?"

"Yes, and I feel like you need to tell me some things."

Charlee chuckled, "Like what?"

"I don't know, do you miss Ohio? Did you have a boyfriend there? Are you going to school? Just anything."

She grinned as she locked eyes with him, "Yes, no and maybe."

John rolled his eyes and she laughed, "I don't really like talking about myself. Plus, I'm not that interesting."

"You are to me."

She grinned, "Why? Because we both like books and Bob Dylan?"

A smile hit his lips, "Well yeah."

She giggled and he spoke once more, "It's more than that, Charlee. I don't know, I just, feel connected to you."

"Like we were destined to be friends, huh?" She teased an she couldn't help but smile, "Well, yeah, actually."

She chuckled, "Then why rush it if we are going to be friends forever?"

His smile widen at that, "I assume you're right."

"I am, now why did you drag me here?"

"To talk you into going to dinner with my friends which can be a task in itself."

She chuckled as her eyes met his, "Well, what time do we need to be there?"
♠ ♠ ♠
So what do you think is up with her sister? What do you think will happen at the dinner? What do you feel about anything?! Lol

Thanks for commenting;
Lovelyhope
Chelsea13
MedicatedDreams
WhiskeyPrincess118
Sammy_Wessen
:)