Status: Done.

Running from the Rain

Chemistry.

"We're going to have so much fun today." John said with a smile as he swung the girl's hand back and forth.

Charlee rolled her eyes at his antics, "Maybe. If one of you don't kill each other that is. I mean, having all your friends around a single body of water worries me."

He shot her a look and she giggled as they reached the group of guys waiting on them. Well, the guys plus Jenna which is what led to their now hand holding.

"Finally! Come on!" Pat yelled at the pair.

"Because we are running out of daylight!" Kennedy chimed in sarcastically. Pat glared at the boy since it was only nine in the morning.

Charlee giggled and threw her arm over Pat's shoulders.

"Come on, let's leave these losers." She stated as they began walking closer to the water, trying to find a spot good enough for them to set up at.

"Hey baby, you're going the wrong way." She heard as she continued to carry on a conversation with Pat who of course was too spastic for his own good which meant he didn't even know where they needed to go.

Charlee spun around to see John with an amused grin on his face as they began to unload their things.

"I mean by all means keep going." He added as he unfolded a chair.

"Shut up." She grumbled pushing him lightly once close enough.

He chuckled before wrapping his arm around her waist.

"Are you two always this nice to each other?" Eric asked with a chuckle and Charlee shrugged, "I'm the nice one so you'll have to ask him."

"What?! You're the nice one?! Excuse me, let me move out of the way before you get struck by lightning!" He stated removing himself from her and the others laughed.

"Uh I am! Who's nicer, Jared?! Me or him?" She asked the red head who just laughed, "Depends on the day."

"I think you're nicer." Pat chimed in and John rolled his eyes, "Of course."

"Thank you."

"He doesn't count." John stated and Pat's mouth fell open, "Yes I do!"

"It's alright Pat. I'm just going to hang out with you today." Charlee stated as they all began to strip down to their swimsuits.

"Oh is that so?" John asked with a smirk, "Fine."

Charlee rolled her eyes as she slid on her sunglasses. As much as he didn't want to, John couldn't help but glance at her body. He breathed in, pulling off his white shirt and placing it on a chair before adjusting his ray bans. He needed to get it together.

"Sadly I believe she means that..." Eric said as he stepped beside the boy, watching the others laugh and yell as they ran into the water.

John scoffed, "Charlee's all talk."

"Mhm so she's like you?! You may have found your soulmate." Eric joked before elbowing him and leaving him laughing.

As weird as John still felt around Eric and Jenna he was glad to have Eric back. He didn't realize how much he missed being around him. If only it wasn't around Jenna as well.

"Are you going to jump in?" Garrett yelled up to Charlee who was now shaking her head no. The rock they all had jumped off didn't seem intimidating until she was on it. Now she was having doubts.

John chuckled from where he stood watching her as he smoked.

"Oh come on! Don't be a pansy!" Garrett yelled back and John threw his cigarette down, "Hey Nickelsen! Leave my girlfriend alone! If she doesn't want to jump she doesn't have to!"

"Shut up, O'Callaghan!" She shouted down at him and he tried not to laugh, instead he just threw his hands up in defeat.

"Fine, want me to just push her in?!" He asked and his friends shouted back at him and he shrugged as he walked up the rocky path to where the girl stood.

"No you won't." She said once he reached her. He chuckled as she placed her hands on her waist.

"Dare me?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

She didn't respond unsure about how serious he was about this. He went to grab her and she screamed causing him to laugh.

"Well stop being so mean, woman!" He stated holding her to him.

"John! Don't throw me!" She replied clinging to him tightly, "I was kidding!"

"Oh now you like me huh?"

Her eyes met his and he spoke softly, "I'm not going to throw you in, Charlee."

Charlee blinked, the pair not bothering to move from each other nor look away. The moment between them unsettled him and he wasn't sure if he was happy it was interrupted or not.

"Ok you two! Go make out somewhere else!" Eric shouted and John rolled his eyes, dropping his arms from her before helping her from the rock.

Charlee bit her lip as she grabbed his hand, the nerves in her stomach now uncontrollable. Why was she feeling this way?!

After hours of playing around, they ended up around a fire, drinking and eating hotdogs that were a bit burnt because Garrett wasn't the greatest cook but no one had the heart to tell him.

The sun was now setting and Charlee felt exhausted. She pulled the hoodie she borrowed from John closer to her body as a yawn escaped her lips.

"Have fun?" She heard and looked down at John who was relaxing in a chair beside where she stood. She nodded before deciding to sit in his lap. He didn't bother to respond, just wrapped his arms around her as she relaxed against his chest. She felt her eyes grow heavy as he rubbed her arm and she turned enough to relax her head against his chest. She for some reason always felt comfortable with him. Even even they were sitting in the middle of a wooded area.

"Looks like your girl is worn out." Jared stated with a chuckle.

John nodded, as he brushed her hair back, "Yeah. She's not use to hanging out with idiots like us."

"I'm not." She mumbled out and Jared chuckled as he watched the two intently. A part of him questioned if this was as fake as they were leading on.

John laughed, "Thought you were asleep."

"I can't with all of you."

"You know what's funny?" Eric chimed in from across the fire. John looked over at him although Charlee didn't bother to move.

"I'm sure you're going to tell us anyways so..."

"I've never seen John be so PG with a girl." Eric stayed and John raised an eyebrow at him, "I don't recall ever being rated R in front of a group of friends either."

"Well no, but I haven't even seen you two kiss and we've been around you two a lot lately."

Charlee immediately stopped breathing and John hoped to god she couldn't feel his heart racing now.

"Sorry we aren't into PDA."

Eric smirked, "Right..."

"You make it sound like I never kiss her. I'm certain she can disagree on that."

"I can." She stated not sure where this was leading but she was now wide awake from her nerves.

"Right.."

"Are you wanting me to kiss her right here? I mean, where are you going with this?" He asked in typical smooth John fashion although he felt otherwise.

"I mean, I don't see the harm in it." Kennedy spoke up, a smirk on the boy's lips. John tried his best to glare at him to make him aware he was going to get it later.

"I'm not kissing him. He's been mean all day." Charlee chimed in to avoid an awkward situation.

"Says the girl who I'm allowing to lay on me."

She raised up to glare at him, her hair falling into her face as she did so.

"Nothing witty to respond with?" He asked in amusement.

"I'm too tired. I'll respond later."

He chuckled, and without thinking, brushed her hair back behind her ear.

"Well..." Eric spoke up and Jenna chimed in, "Leave them alone."

Charlee could feel John tense up from her voice alone. He had played nice all day and they hadn't talked much which she thought was a good thing, but by his reaction she could tell he just tried to pretend like it was all ok.

Charlee breathed in, deciding she would deal with the consequences later. Before John even knew what was happening, Charlee's lips were on his. It really was an innocent kiss. One he hated to admit he didn't want to end. His fingers tangled into her hair lightly before she pulled back, and unwillingly kissed her several other times before their moment was ruined by Eric.

"Ok, good enough."

Charlee's eyes opened slowly, still close enough to hear John breathe and her eyes locked with his. He slowly removed his fingers from her dark locks and she tried to think logically although his green eyes and the lingering feeling of his lips made it hard to do so.

She forced herself to turn around in his lap and focus on the guys talking although she was certain he felt the same way as her.

Confused. Just confused.
♠ ♠ ♠
So...thoughts? :)

Thanks to everyone who has subscribed and recommended! I'm not going to say I would object to comments just an FYI. ;) haha