Sequel: Poker Face

Perfume

One

-Jen's POV-

Six months.

That's how long Brian and I have together. It's been hard with him being out on the road but we've somehow managed to make it work. Thankfully most of the fans have accepted me as well as the band and their wives. There was only one person that couldn't accept me in Brian's life.

His ex girlfriend Michelle.

Even though they had been broken up for a year she was always around and she always would be.

I wasn't sure if it was just me or not but I'd always catch them around each other. She'd say something that would cause him to laugh and I'd feel like nothing more than a third wheel. Tonight was no different..

Brian had made sure that I had passes to their final show of the tour. I watched him from the side of the stage with the other girls with a huge smile on my face. After their last song they tossed things out into the crowd before heading backstage. My smile widened when he walked towards me but it quickly faded when Michelle ran into his arms. She went on and on about how great he was while I was left watching. No one else seemed to notice so while everyone celebrated the final show I headed back to their dressing room to grab my things.

I knew that everyone was going out to Johnny's Bar for drinks but I had to be up early the next morning for work so I called for a cab to take me home. I was standing outside when the door opened and Brian rushed out. He was still wearing the same clothes he had had on while he was performing. He looked hot.

"There you are." I smiled when he pulled me into his arms. "I was freaking out when I couldn't find you."

"I didn't want to disturb you."

He rolled his eyes. "Please. If anything you distract me.." He paused with a smirk before licking his lips. "So, did you enjoy the show?"

"I thought you guys were amazing."

He smiled and rested his sweaty forehead against mine. "I wish you didn't have to work tomorrow. I want you there with me tonight."

"I know." I said with a sigh. "But think of it this way. The tour is over and we'll be able to see each other all the time."

"Damn right." His smirk returned. "I can't wait to wake up with you in my arms. I've missed you."

He always knew just what to say to make me feel better.

"You smell good. What kind of perfume are you wearing?"

I smiled. "It's called Angel."

"I like it. I think you should wear it all the time. It smells really good."

"Well, maybe when you're done at Johnny's you could come over and I'll make sure that it's the only thing I'm wearing."

He groaned and pulled me in for a deep kiss. "Johnny's will be there tomorrow night. Let's go to your place baby."

------


It had been a week since the tour was over and Brian and I couldn't get enough of each other. To celebrate having the next few months off Matt and Val decided to have a barbecue/early Christmas party. I had made several dishes to help Val out and everyone was having a great time. Everyone but me that is. I was sitting near the pool watching Michelle and Brian. They were smiling at each other and to anyone that didn't know them it looked like they had never broken up. I knew they were still close but it bothered me more than I let on.

"Hey."

Looking up I smiled when I saw Jimmy staring back at me. "Hi."

He sat down beside me and his eyes immediately went to where mine were.

"I wouldn't worry about it too much. I know that he only has eyes for you."

Everyone had been reassuring me that Brian only wanted me but it was hard to believe that when he was spending so much time with Michelle. She'd always find a way to touch him or flirt with him right in front of me. I was already insecure about a lot of things and this wasn't helping. I never had good luck in the romance department. I would always pick the wrong guy and be left heartbroken. I didn't want to go through that again.

After we ate we headed inside to exchange gifts. It was pretty hot so everyone was in t-shirts and shorts. The a/c was blasting and it felt good to get out of the baking sun. Everyone had decided to draw names and Jimmy was thrilled with the present that I got for him. Besides Brian I was probably the closest with Jimmy. He was a great guy and could always make me laugh.

I shouldn't have been surprised that Michelle had gotten Brian's name. She was practically gloating the entire time. She had even made sure to take the empty seat next to Brian which put him in the middle of us on one of the couches. Why couldn't she leave him alone?

I had gotten a new perfume set from my Secret Santa and couldn't help but smile when I noticed that it was Angel. I was running low on the bottle that I had and was in the process of taking it to the store to get refilled. This box set came with a bottle of perfume, lotion, and shower gel. There was no limit on what we could spend but I never that this was expensive.

Going into one of the many bathrooms to freshen up I put on a little bit of my new Angel perfume and headed back into the living room where everyone was sitting. Michelle made a face and looked at Brian before looking back at me.

"Something wrong?" Brian asked wrapping an arm around my shoulders.

"That smell.. I've smelled it before."

"Yeah, it's Jen's perfume."

She frowned. "I've smelled it on you."

He smirked. "More than likely. Does that bother you?"

"No, not at all."

And with that she got up and went into the kitchen.

------


It was now Christmas morning and Brian and I were getting ready to go over to his parents. Since my parents were divorced and one of them was out of the country Brian asked me to spend the day with his family so I wouldn't be alone. Even though I had said yes I was still nervous. I had only met them a couple of times and been to their house once but Brian reassured me that they loved me and wanted me to be there.

When we arrived I could instantly smell all of the aroma's coming from the kitchen. It smelled amazing and I had even brought over a few homemade desserts that I had made the night before. I loved being in the kitchen. It was like a second home to me.

Brian re-introduced me to everyone before I headed into the kitchen to see if Suzy needed any help with anything. There was no need for her to be doing it all by herself so I wanted to help in any way that I could.

"Sure, honey." She answered with a smile. "Lord knows that those boys won't help."

While cooking Suzy and I got to know each other. She'd tell me stories about Brian and how she liked us together as a couple. She thought that I was good for him and really made him happy. I wasn't sure that I was going that good of a job at making him happy but I would take what I could get. Brian and I had already had our Christmas that morning after he insisted that I spend the night at his place instead of my apartment.

"So Jen, where do you see yourself in five years?"

"What?"

She chuckled. "Where do you see yourself in five years? Married? Children?"

I couldn't stop the smile from forming on my face. "I'd love to get married and have children someday. I'd like to have a successful career. Maybe own my own place instead of renting an apartment."

"How many kids would you like to have?"

"Um.." I had no idea where these questions were coming from and I was getting a bit uncomfortable. "Two or three but it wouldn't matter as long as they were happy and healthy."

Her smile brightened. "I can see you with a couple of kids running around. I know that we barely know each other but the few times that I have seen you with McKenna I can tell that you're a natural. You're going to be a wonderful mother someday."

I smiled. "Thank you."

"Would you want Brian to be their father?"

I was so shocked by her question that I almost dropped the bowl that was in my hands. "W-what? Suzy, I..."

"It's just between you and me."

"Well.. Brian and I haven't really talked about a future together. We just take it one day at a time."

"Well he may not be talking to you about it but he sure talks to us about you all the time. If I didn't know any better I would think that he's going to pop the question soon."

After that she never said another word. Glancing into the living room I saw Brian laughing with his dad and brother. I didn't have any siblings and my parents were always fighting when I was a kid so I missed out a lot of family bonding during the holidays. My dad always tried to make up for it but it just wasn't the same and even though I had dreams of having my own family someday. I doubted that it would ever happen.

The night Brian insisted that I stay at his place again. I didn't have to work the next day so I told him that I would. He was in the bathroom getting ready to take a shower while I was slipping on the clothes he was letting me wear to bed.

"Hey babe?" Brian poked his head out the door. "I forgot to bring clothes in with me. Can you grab me a clean pair of boxers out of the top dresser drawer for me please?"

"Sure."

Getting up I made my way over to the dresser and pulled out the top drawer. It was filled with nothing but boxers and as I reached inside to grab a pair I felt something touch my hand. Curious I pulled it out only to see a black velvet box. I quickly glanced back at the door to see that it was shut before I slowly opened the box. Inside was a beautiful diamond ring. A Tiffany ring at that.

"Do you like it?"

I spun around only to have Brian standing right in front of me. He licked his dry lips and smiled as he slowly took the box from my hands.

"I know that we haven't been together that long but these past six months have been some of the happiest in my life. I've been in a lot of relationships but none of them even compare to ours. You make me feel things that I didn't think were possible. You make me want things that I never wanted before." He paused to wipe my tears away before taking my left hand in his. "I love you. I love you more than I ever thought that I could love someone. I want to wake up with you in my arms every morning. I want to support you in anything that you want to do. I want to watch you as you hold our children and love them with your whole heart.

I've made a lot of mistakes in my life and I don't want to wake up one day knowing I did something to cause me to lose you. You're my life Jen and I don't think that I could go on without you in it." He slowly got down on one knee and looked up at me, his eyes locked with mine. "Jenna, will you marry me?"

I must have opened and closed my mouth a million times to answer him but I just couldn't get the words out. The light in his eyes was beginning to fade so I did the only thing that I could think of.

I nodded.

A lot.

"Is that a yes?" He asked as a smile formed on his lips.

I nodded again and finally found my voice. "Yes."

Brian jumped to his feet and kissed me with more passion than I ever thought possible. It was several minutes before we broke the kiss and it was only because we needed to breathe.

"You have no idea how happy I am right now. I thought for sure that you were going to say no." He said as we wiped my tears away.

I shook my head. "I would never say no to you. I honestly never thought that..."

"That what?"

"That you'd want to marry me." I mumbled.

He licked his lips and smiled. "I've always wanted to marry you."

My eyes widened. "What?"

"Yeah. Even when I was with Michelle all I could think about was you."

"How.. how long have you felt this way?"

He blushed before looking me in the eyes. "Since high school. I know that we didn't really know each other or anything back then but it didn't stop me from looking or asking about you."

"Why didn't you say anything?"

"Come on Jen. A girl like you never would have gone for a guy like me. I always thought that you were way out of my league and that I'd only make a complete fool out of myself if I asked you out. So instead I kept my distance and just watched you. I went to every fucking football game just to see you cheer. If I knew you were at the beach I'd find some sort of an excuse to go and when you went off to college... It's a wonder that I didn't follow you there too."

"Do you know how many times I wished that I had the guts to talk to you? Everyone warned me that I should stay away from you and that you were nothing more than a heartbreaker. A womanizer." I paused as he frowned. "I didn't believe them though but yet I was still scared of you."

Brian softly caressed my cheek and smiled softly. "I hope you're not scared anymore."

I smiled and leaned into his touch. "I'm not scared."

His smile brightened as he leaned in to kiss me. "I love you Jen."

"I love you too Brian."
♠ ♠ ♠
The sequel, Poker Face, coming soon!