Attraction

Chapter 1 - Bubblewrap

My POV

The smell of burning toast awakened me. I absolutely despised the smell. I pushed myself out of bed and rushed downstairs to see Danny making toast, but failing miserably.

"Danny! Are you deliberately trying to burn the house down?" I said, walking over to him.

"Oh, sorry, Heather! I didn't wake you up, did I? Shit. I am so sorry!" He said, turning off the toaster and rubbing his hands on his face. "I'm so stressed."

"You didn't wake me up, it's fine," I lied, "but why are you stressed?"

"Gotta go down to the studio with the boys today. I'm not feeling that great at all. Plus, we're gonna have the One Direction boys down there as well - it's gonna be a hectic day."

"That definitely sounds hectic..." I trailed off, my mind filling with One Direction. I wasn't a massive fan but I really liked them, especially Niall. I always had a little soft spot for him. When I saw them on The X Factor back in 2010, Tom and I voted every week, in fact, our obsession was so bad, we spent over £100 worth of credit texting from our mobile phones. It was actually Tom's money we were both wasting so, it didn't matter to me how much I spent.

"I hope you have fun with the boys today, let them know I said hi," I laughed, before making Danny's toast for him and not burning it like he did.

"Hey, wait a minute... Why don't you come with us?" Danny asked, taking a seat at the table, "You can meet the lads, I know you like them."

"When you say 'the lads', you mean... One Direction, right?"

He gave me a simple nod.

"Heather, do you ever stop talking about One Direction?" I heard Tom say. Honestly, even the mention of 'direction' from me and he freaks out. He's such a fangirl.

"Well, Danny asked me if I wanted to come with you guys to the studio but it's okay if you want to un-invite me..."

"Of course you can! Just watch out - they're big pranksters," Tom warned me. Although, I already knew that.

-

Finally, meeting One Direction for the first time was literally around the corner. We were heading towards the studio and we were told that the boys were already in there. I immediately began to feel nervous. I'm about to meet One Direction - Harry, Louis, Liam, Zayn and Niall. Oh, my god. Niall. I think I am gonna faint.

Tom turned to me before opening the door and said, "Please don't scream or fangirl or die or-"

"-drool over Niall," Danny chuckled.

"Very funny, Jones. Now, are we gonna stand here or are we actually gonna meet them?" I said, becoming excited. In a matter of seconds, I will be in the same room as One Direction. Do you know how amazing that sounds right now?! I can't even. Like, I can't breathe.

Tom sighed and opened the door and the moment I stepped in was the moment I'm so glad I came here. I felt like the eyes were on me, mainly because they had never seen me before but I think Tom might have mentioned me to them. Harry Styles got up first, extending his hand. I bit my lip and shook his hand.

"Heather, right? Tom's little sister? It's so nice to finally put a face to the name - we have heard so much about you," His green eyes stared into mine. Holy mother of god. Honestly, I feel like the luckiest girl in the world right now.

"I hope you've heard good things!" I laughed, "And it's nice to meet you too, Harry."

"Oh, yeah, really good things! Your brother loves you a lot, we can totally tell," He said, kissing my cheek. I looked over at Tom and he winked at me. I smiled - he was the most amazing brother and best friend in the whole world and nothing was better than him. Don't get me wrong, I love my parents but Tom is everything to me.

When I turned my head back to the boys, the rest introduced themselves to me, with Niall leaving the biggest effect on me. His Irish accent will be the death of me, I'm telling you. He's just so perfect and in my opinion, he has the most beautiful voice my ears have ever witnessed.

I had tucked myself away in the corner, listening to all of them singing and dancing away with Danny being the one with the loudest and longest amount of giggles you've ever heard in your life. I'm glad he's feeling better. I crossed my legs slightly and began to sing my favourite song at the moment which was Satellites by Sleeping With Sirens. They were my favourite band and I had seen them about 17 times. I even had the chance to meet the band as well. Tom bought me meet & greet tickets for my 20th and honestly, it was the best birthday present I had ever received. It was amazing to let Kellin know exactly what he had done for me. Plus, having Tom there with me made my night complete.

My head shot up when Tom began to play "Bubblewrap" - my personal favourite of theirs. The song meant so much to me and whenever I heard it, I would start crying. Niall turned to me and smiled, causing my insides to melt and my heart to beat a little faster than it should be. I smiled back and bit my bottom lip. I got up and walked over to sit next to Tom. I hummed along as everyone else's voices filled the room, with my eyes watching Niall the entire time.
♠ ♠ ♠
A/N: Haha, that was alright, I guess? Well, I liked it. I quite like One Direction, actually. As mentioned in my story, I was obsessed with them three years ago but now, not so much. But my love for them is getting stronger once again and I have always had a thing for Harry and Niall... Narry. ;)

Anyway, I hope you like it. And if you don't, well, that's fine.

Hope everyone is safe and well. I love you.