Attraction

Chapter 2 - Fitting In

My POV

Today had turned out to be hectic as Danny mentioned earlier this morning because One Direction did play some pranks on my brother and his band mates. I'm surprised that they didn't prank me, I was kind of looking forward to it, I guess. I could Niall's faint giggling down the hall and then, a crash.

I jumped up and opened the door, "Is everything okay down there?"

"Yeah, yeah, we're uh... we're fine!" I heard Louis shout. I wasn't convinced at all so, I snuck down the hall and took a peek. All I could see was Harry Styles, sprawled across the floor, with Liam face down on top of him and Zayn on top of Liam. What the hell?

"Did I walk in at a bad time?" I asked, trying to stop myself from laughing at the weird state in front of me that the boys had gotten themselves into.

"What? No. We were just-" Niall started before the other boys got up and brushed themselves down. They turned to look at me.

"Still pranking my brother?" I asked. I wanted to help them. 6 against 4, that's so unfair yet it sounds so right.

Liam nodded, "We're running out of time and most of the pranks we want to do take up too much time to prepare."

I thought about it for a second. I've always tried pranking my brother but they never worked; the flour trick was, by far, my favourite. It was the only one I had done that went exactly the way I wanted it to. So, that's what they did and I let them get on with it. When I went back into the studio, Niall was seated in the chair that I was sat in before. He was staring down at his phone and drumming his fingers on the table. I know I will probably never see these boys again but that doesn't mean that I can't start a little friendship with Niall. If he wants one, too. I bit my lip and walked over to him, sitting on the table across from him.

He looked up at me and smiled, "Hey, you alright?" He asked. His accent kills me.

"Yeah, I'm good, thanks. You not gonna prank my brother with the boys?"

"Nah, I got bored of it. I'd rather talk to you," He said, winking at me.

"Really? I'm not that interesting, you might get bored of me."

"That's not true. Tom says you're the most interesting person to talk to on the planet," He said, smiling. I wonder what else Tom has been saying about me.

"What else has Tom said about me?" I asked, listening carefully.

"Just that he loves you more than anything else in the entire world and that you are the most incredible person to walk the earth. He says that even if never finds a girlfriend, he doesn't care because having you as his little sister is perfect enough. Me and the boys have never seen someone who cares about their family so much before," He said.

Why did Tom never tell me this?

"Oh," was all I could say. I could feel a massive grin appearing on my face. Tom really is the best brother I could ever have.

Just as Niall was about to say something else, the rest of his band ran in, giggling. Their faces were red and they had tears in their eyes, possibly because they had been laughing so much. My brother came in covered from head to toe in flour. I sniggered and burst out laughing with the other boys. I couldn't help myself. It was too funny. Tom's band mates - Danny, Dougie and Harry came running in not covered in flour and they were laughing along with us at poor Tom. Tom took a handful of flour off his t-shirt and blew it on us, making all of us laugh even harder. Danny took his phone out to take a picture but then, Tom chased him out and they ran around the drum set chasing each other. I glanced over to look at Niall. He couldn't even open his eyes or even breathe for that matter because he was laughing so much. He looks cute when he laughs like that.

I think I can safely say that after today, I definitely want to see the boys again.

-

After some serious recording from the boys and a little bit of myself, it was almost time to go home. Everyone started to pack everything away while Tom put me in charge of the keys. I was catching mini glances at Niall, making sure he did not catch me staring at him. I smiled, looking down whenever he did something silly or laughed at something the boys had said. I looked over at Harry Styles to see him looking back at me and whispering something to Niall. I gulped. I am praying that Harry did not say anything to Niall about me staring at him because I knew Harry had noticed as he was winking and grinning at me. Unless it was something else.

Once everything was packed away, we headed to our vehicles, with me squashed slightly in the back with Dougie and Danny. Tom turned slightly and handed me a small piece of paper.

"The boys told me to give it to you. Looks like they wanna keep in contact with you," Tom said sweetly. I smiled at him and looked down at the paper, realizing One Direction had given me their numbers.

No freaking way!

"Tom, she's holding onto that paper for dear life," chuckled Dougie, as he jokingly tried to get the paper out of my hands but I was not letting it go.

Who should I text first?

I entered all five numbers into my phone and sent them all the same text at the same time.

'It's Heather, Tom's little sister. Thanks for being so nice to me today.'

It was the only reasonable text to send them, plus, now they know it's not a hoax nor a random person pretending to be me.

Harry and Zayn text back first, then Louis and Liam, and finally, Niall.

My best friend is never going to believe this.

-

When I got home, I called my best friend, Cara, straight away. She was probably the biggest One Direction fan on the planet and also, one of the craziest. She finally picked up.

"Hey, bestie! What's up?" She said, on the other side of the phone.

"Not much, yourself? Oh, I have news for you!"

"I'm good, thanks. Oh, do tell," She said, her voice getting louder.

"You will never guess who I met today," I teased.

"Tell me! The tension is killing me!"

"One Direction. I'm serious. Tom took me down to the studio and I met all of them!" I didn't want to tell her that they had given me their numbers because she'd blackmail me into telling her and the last thing I want is for the boys to fall out with me.

She screamed down the phone, yelling all sorts of words that did not make any sense. Her fangirling session lasted for about 10 minutes before she finally said,

"Is Niall as beautiful in person as he is on TV?" She asked, calmly, but still with a hint of excitement in her voice.

"...yes. Damn straight," I said. She screamed again.

"Dude! You're gonna burst my eardrum!"

"Sorry, sorry. I'm just so excited! I actually cannot believe you met them! Did you get any of their numbers?!"

"No," I said, sadly, "But I'm sure I'll be seeing them again. I'm hopeful."

"I hope so too! You're gonna have to take me with you next time!"

"I'll do that. Alright, I'm gonna head to bed for a while. Maybe check Tumblr or listen to music as well. I'll see you soon! I love you!" I shouted, as payback for screaming in my ear.

"I love you too!" She yelled and then, hung up.

I missed her, terribly. I hadn't seen her in two months since her brother and I broke up. It wasn't a mutual decision but it was one that I had been thinking about for a long time. I couldn't be in a relationship with someone who still had feelings for their ex. He denied it but the way he looked at her was the way I should have been looked at by him. I was never good enough for him and he knew that. After 4 years, I ended it. It hurt but I knew it was the right thing to do. But after our break up, he hadn't been doing too well. Cara told me he missed me and wanted me back but I said no. It was the first time that I had ever said no to someone. I was one of these people who always had to say yes to people who had asked me to do something for them.

Cara and I still text each other and speak on the phone but I wanted to see her in person. She was the most incredible best friend in the whole world and I loved her more than anything. I hope I get to see her soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
A/N: Good, so far?

So, what did Harry say to Niall? You'll find out soon enough. ;)